salomon mtn mounting hardware

A question re: Salomon mtn mounting hardware. I recently sold a set I'd never mounted. buyer is apparently missing the small screw that goes through the brake plate into the ski? I just assumed the brakes were held on by the standard mounting hardware for the heel piece.

Shop he's getting skis mounted at won't hook him up with screws so trying to figure this out for him. Anyone have sizing specs for this screw? Is it even necessary? pics attached.

Name:  MTN screw 1.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  32.7 KB
    Name:  MTN screw 2.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  70.1 KB
    #16 in the image of the instructions

Call Salomon? Usually the warranty department will have some spare parts. Or check local shops that carry the binding.

You need the screw (it's very short with an aluminum retaining washer on it) if you want to mount the brakes and use the longer, brake-specific base plate. Ask a shop to order one for you: part number is L 4027980001.

It looks just like the one for the Shift, but that has a different part number . . .

I am resurrecting this in case anybody has an idea about where to find these screws/washers. I'd love to find a local option (combo of washers found at Ace Hardware?) instead of having to order from Skimo.co.

Sth

See if Sportsmans has any of the ones from the Shift, . If not GNCS does or at least did. its a pretty specific washer.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Thanks Ron!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I have the newest version of the backland with the 50 mm base plate (with brakes) and just had them mounted. The shop told me that it wasn’t necessary to use this and gave it back to me in the bag. Anyone know if that is true? If not, where does it actually get mounted to the binding baseplate. Thanks!
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    I have the newest version of the backland with the 50 mm base plate (with brakes) and just had them mounted. The shop told me that it wasn’t necessary to use this and gave it back to me in the bag. Anyone know if that is true? If not, where does it actually get mounted to the binding baseplate. Thanks!

It basically locks down the brake assembly. Once, I put together the binding on the ski, and forgot to put that screw in, just on the bench. When you went to lock the brakes, it made the whole baseplate flex up off the ski in an alarming way. Without that screw, if you were to eject on firm snow, and your brakes were to impact the snow vertically and not penetrate, I think there'd be a good chance that you'd break the whole brake assembly off the binding. That plate is thin, and the screw goes a long way to locking down the brake assembly.

But, it would be easy to look up the paper template, drill the hole, pop in that screw, and be good to go.