Kickstarter For James Niehues Book.

Bump.

bump for the unknown

13 days left and already funded with over 300k.

Very cool! We used to use his maps when designing piping layouts for snowmaking systems years ago. In the age before satellite maps and GPS.

This is awesome. Bump! 4200% of Kickstarter goal. : )

well, i took delivery of the book this past week. wow, what an amazing little thing to spend time with! It's gonna require multiple in-depth examinations.

The Utah section is amazing - shows a few different views of the Wasatch and even the doomed 'Utah Interconnect' from 2013. Some areas have multiple versions from different years w different views, etc. Solitude has a 'detailed pencil sketch' inlay and i can see my house!

pretty darn cool. anyone else get their copy?

Got mine yesterday. An amazing undertaking but I was a little bummed that there weren't shots of the finished trail maps - with the actual trails named. It took a little of the fun out of it...

Loved seeing the southern hemisphere resorts, though. Way different mountains!

The finished maps are "works for hire" so he doesn't hold the copyrights and getting permission from all the different resorts was probably too much of a hassle or maybe even impossible. But yeah it would have been cool.

Damn. But the book is available now?
    Edit: I see it is. $85, though. Maybe I'll ask for it for HanuChristmaKwansikus.
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 10-06-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I like the book alot. I can really appreciate the amazing artwork more without having the runs marked. I do like having the lifts shown with thin black lines to give some perspective on how the skiing is laid out. IMO he did it just right. I really don't want and did not expect a book of trailmaps. And the chapters on his creative process are fascinating too. Well done.