Safety 3rd

Saw this a couple wks ago in Vernal but forgot about until now
    imagine the catapulting if there was ever an accident
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xOtu+O8mQSeunyTlh4BIJQ.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	255639

whatchoo got out there for other WTF safety moments?
    skid luxury

Definitely shouldn't be in an exposed bucket anywhere near a motherloving T-Rex!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Definitely shouldn't be in an exposed bucket anywhere near a motherloving T-Rex!!!!
    valid point
    skid luxury

If safety is third, what is second and first?

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    It's all about safety. Looks like those guys^^^ just left the meeting.

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I've got a neighbor who straps a ridiculous pile of ladders on top of his van. They are usually stacked about 6 high and all the way across the width with a couple strapped on the sides. The weight totally bottoms out the suspension front and back. Can't imagine trying to keep that thing in the lane on the highway with a strong crosswind.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I was on a college paint crew and for weeks we'd been bugging our superviser for new ropes to tie down the ladder stack. Sure nuff one day we were transitioning between jobs midday and the whole shebang came flying off the trailer doing 60 on a busy urban highway in Minneapolis. Fucking ladders bouncing everywhere, we had two 36-ft extension ladders, two 24-footers, plus three step ladders. Unbelievably no cars were hit and no accidents resulted. Seeing those ladders flying around and all the cars dodging them remains one of the craziest things I've ever seen. So so lucky nobody was hurt or killed.

Fun and convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Ladders are the duct tape of the scaffolding world.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I was always impress w the bamboo scaffolding used on buildings of every height in Asia and the weird lack of resulting carnage

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i usually operate power equipment wearing flip flops.
    You are far safer then me, I'm usually barefoot.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Holy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Name:  tgr.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  79.7 KB

I was at a job site on Monday where a contractor had driven a Grade-All too close to an embankment that drops into a wetland and got it stuck.

Repeated attempts to get it unstuck resulted in almost rolling it down the hill.

The violator had to foot the bill to bring in a rally big fucking Crane to pick the machine and remove it. Mobilization costs and machine time around $ 12,000.00.

Ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Name:  tgr.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  79.7 KB

I was at a job site on Monday where a contractor had driven a Grade-All too close to an embankment that drops into a wetland and got it stuck.

Repeated attempts to get it unstuck resulted in almost rolling it down the hill.

The violator had to foot the bill to bring in a rally big fucking Crane to pick the machine and remove it. Mobilization costs and machine time around $ 12,000.00.

Ooops.
    did it move beyond the wetland boundary? 4F? will DEP burn them at the cross?

i don’t have enough hairs on my head to count the stupid shit i’ve seen on this job. serious doubts most of these podunk contractors out in central PA even send their people through an OSHA 10 or 30 class

I am not oversafe. Sometimes it takes a janky set-up to get the work done. I always position a couch to land on.

And, that shit costs extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Ooops.
    I can just imagine that scene playing out, sped up, with the Benny Hill music over it. I'm sure you've spent enough time up in YC/BS/MLB construction sites as well to see some of the serious asshattery that goes on. What cracks me up is how despite being some of the most expensive houses on the planet, all sorts of unsafe shenanigans go on, as well as some crap construction. I've seen some nonsense up there that still makes me laugh. There's good reason that the YC requires such steep insurance coverage for their contractors. Haha.

One of my favorite scenes was when a site foreman was screaming at the carpenters and electricians to get something or rather done, and they collectively outright told him to go get eff'd as it would have been too unsafe to accomplish it right then and there. Love it when that happens. Dude got canned. Tradesmen all kept their jobs. Same thing happens all the time in the oilfield too. I've made some enemies by telling pissant junior leads "Hell, no. I'm not doing that" when they'd tell me to do something that would violate every known safety protocol and could have easily killed me (like working on a wellhead under frac pressure, lol nope!), but I'm still alive, so I'm happy. Stay safe out there, everyone! Never worth risking life and limb for some idiot, hyper-active retard in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    We had a roofer put more insulation in our ceiling from inside the house, removing the ceiling boards. He used the same set up, on the stairs.

Electrician at Sugar Bowl working on the tops of the lift towers. He would ride a chair to the next tower, stop the chair, stand on the chair, stand on top of the chair back, then on top of the frame attaching the chair to the cable, and finally step onto the platform on top of the tower.

Working in a steel mill we were air-blasting the coal dust off the walls of 40 ft deep bins by climbing down 4 ten foot wooden ladders tied together with rope and hung from a rusty rail. Same steel mill they had me cast off an ore freighter. I didn't know to grab the handles on the cable loop; I put my hands around the loop itself. Fortunately the ship didn't move and crush my hands. I was luckier than the crew of the ship--the Edmund Fitzgerald.

What's on second. Who's on first.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I can just imagine that scene playing out, sped up, with the Benny Hill music over it. I'm sure you've spent enough time up in YC/BS/MLB construction sites as well to see some of the serious asshattery that goes on. What cracks me up is how despite being some of the most expensive houses on the planet, all sorts of unsafe shenanigans go on, as well as some crap construction. I've seen some nonsense up there that still makes me laugh. There's good reason that the YC requires such steep insurance coverage for their contractors. Haha.

One of my favorite scenes was when a site foreman was screaming at the carpenters and electricians to get something or rather done, and they collectively outright told him to go get eff'd as it would have been too unsafe to accomplish it right then and there. Love it when that happens. Dude got canned. Tradesmen all kept their jobs. Same thing happens all the time in the oilfield too. I've made some enemies by telling pissant junior leads "Hell, no. I'm not doing that" when they'd tell me to do something that would violate every known safety protocol and could have easily killed me (like working on a wellhead under frac pressure, lol nope!), but I'm still alive, so I'm happy. Stay safe out there, everyone! Never worth risking life and limb for some idiot, hyper-active retard in charge.
    Ha. Yeah being around job sites up there can be "interesting" to say the least. I have definitely told bosses/foreman to get fucked. The levels of testosterone and stupidity are amazing. Me and 3 other folks were felling a lot in SP and had a grade all for moving logs. All of a sudden a sow griz and 3 cubs come trotting through the site and everyone chucked their saws and jumped in the lift(luckily is was a closed cab). It was a little tight but safe...

Pretty sweet watching the cubs play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    What's on second. Who's on first.
    *golf clap*
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Ladders are the duct tape of the scaffolding world.
    pretty funny
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I use a Kiddie escape ladder to shimmy up through the hatch in to the attic to check on a potential leak when it's pouring outside. My real ladders are stored under the back deck so I MaGyvered another way to get up there to check things out with a bucket rather than dragging a wet, muddy ladder in from out back. 70 year old house with 20 year old roof. Seems like every year or three a bent nail or failing shingle adhesive causes a tiny drop somewhere. I just put a bucked under it, measure the location, then go up with a tube of silicone to check the shingles where it looks to be coming from. It's kinda like playing whack-a-mole. If it starts happening more than twice a year or they are bigger than little drips, we'll bite the bullet and start shopping to replace or re roof. But, that Kiddie rope ladder is only slightly better than just pulling myself up from a bar stool..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!