Give-r 4 Season Glove Any Advice?

Been eyeing the Give-r 4 Season glove but curious if anyone has any experience with it as a ski/work glove. Joining ski patrol this year and looking for something that will hold up. Trying to decide if it is worth the extra money over the tried and true Kinco 901. Any advice helps.

There is a reason so many use the kinco.

I've never owned one but 114 bucks pays for a lot of Kincos. Back in my lift op days it was nice having a couple sets of gloves to rotate through as I sweated them out working or skiing.

buys a quiver of kincos and enough snowseal for years

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    FreeThePowder gloves
    Seen you mention these before but had forgotten about them. SX gloves look legit but I’m generally not a fan of removable liners when constant on/off is required. are the spring gloves warm enough for most days?

Had kinkos for a while. Totally agree with price point and having multiple available during a day if necessary. Was checking out other options and just curious if anyone would make compelling arguments for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by ElToroPequeño View Post
    Seen you mention these before but had forgotten about them. SX gloves look legit but I’m generally not a fan of removable liners when constant on/off is required. are the spring gloves warm enough for most days?

Had kinkos for a while. Totally agree with price point and having multiple available during a day if necessary. Was checking out other options and just curious if anyone would make compelling arguments for something different.
    The removeable liners on the FTPs work correctly.

Givers are just Kincos with a little fancy branding and snow seal on them. They do get decent quality gloves but not worth paying for the brand that will just mark you as a yuppie with softhands on the inside. Kincos and snow seal will work for most days. Nice to have a proper cold weather glove for the really bad days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Showa Temrest 282. Less than $20. Ugly AF and seriously the best glove for PNW winter. I ski, tour, and sled with these guys. Pick up a pair and thank me later. I fiddle with bindings, boots, zippers, all the things and never take them off -not sure about cell phone screens- My hands never get cold. After a season, I bring a backup pair for sledding. It’s the hand warmer that makes them a little leaky I think. For $20, you have nothing to lose.
    I have nice expensive ski gloves that I never use anymore because of these gloves.
    https://youtu.be/ohtIcGUUVgM

https://www.showagloves.com/showa-28...s#.W-38whaIaEe

the "base slayer" looks like a fun undergarment

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
    Showa Temrest 282
    Thanks, was trying to remember which model this was. How does sizing compare to Kincos and/or Showa non-insulated gloves?

Fit like a glove compared to the bulky leathers. I have huge hands and wear an xl. Fits snug.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    buys a quiver of kincos and enough snowseal for years
    This. You can get 4 pairs of kincos and a can of snow seal for the price of Give’rs. Better street cred too. Just remember that Kincos are work gloves.

If you want some really nice semi-expensive gloves...
    https://www.stio.com/products/brande...love-with-cuff

How about Truck gloves. Price looks pretty good and built for what you are looking for.

https://www.truckgloves.com/collecti...s/m1-ski-glove

I’m a patroller and tend to use Flylow/kinko’s 95% of the time. I have two pairs and they do me when the weather is above about -8c. Wool liner takes me a bit lower still and then below -10c the BD lobster ‘guide’ gloves come out. For wet days I have a couple of waterproof work gloves from Marks work warehouse.

Having beater pairs of gloves like the kinko’s keeps your nice (expensive) cold weather mitts good for a few seasons. If you don’t have the kinko’s you will wear out a pair of 100$+ pair of Blackdiamonds/Hester’s/etc out every season easy.

Thanks for all the input. Looks like sticking with kinkos is still the play.