Snow In The Forecast!!!

r

3" here of blower on top of a base layer of sneet.

dsm= TGR's own Frankie MacDonald
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

5"+ here now, its pandemonium.

I got out the blower and put fresh gas in and test ran it.

Shoveled off the hot tub.

waiting for one of your epic reports.

A good 2" and nukin in Wilmington, DE. Unusual for mid-Nov...to say the least.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    waiting for one of your epic reports.
    I have some serious stoke lined up for this season.

central pennsyltucky snow report:2:23pm ET: flakes have gotten smaller, seems like the worst (best) is over. currently 4-5” of supportive snow on top of a concrete layer of mush

might go meadow skipping after work if the change over to rain doesn’t happen until later tonight

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia View Post
    I have some lame ass STOKE lined up for this season.
    Can't wait
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    central pennsyltucky snow report:2:23pm ET: flakes have gotten smaller, seems like the worst (best) is over. currently 4-5” of supportive snow on top of a concrete layer of mush

might go meadow skipping after work if the change over to rain doesn’t happen until later tonight
    Heck yeah! Post pics if that happens. Jealous.

Decided to go out to the local park hill and xcd around some. The three or four blocks to get there were shear horror as the town fukityfucks are 100% retarded about how to plow roads and people do not stay off them. Any who got to the gas station lot below the grassy hill that looked in pretty good shape. 6" or so on top of frozen ice was just what the Dr ordered for a Thursday afternoon as I would have continued to drink beer and watch Hilter get his ass kicked for the 529th time.

So I grabbed my XCD Fisher sbounds and the adjustable poles from military surplus and headed over to the edge of the field to snowy bliss. I don my planks and climb up the towering 203' to the top of the meadow and survey my kingdom. I have it all to myself except for two bucks chasing a doe who is not reading for that thing just yet. I quickly start to lay a blistering track loop around the top of the hill. My lungs are filling with mtn air and exhaust from diesel trucks off the nearby interstate. I imagine I am in an exotic mtn locashun.

After several laps on a nicely set track I am feeling good. My wool pants are just the ticket and the surplus top is breaking the wind while I get a good heart rate going. Its time for a couple of descents, I round the bend in my now burned in track and find a spot to drop in. I go for it! The speed is gathering as I grapple for control on double camber skinny sticks which seem to have a mind of their own. I force them to my will and turns are happening. But as I am basking in the glow of meadow skipping nirvana it starts to rain. I double down and get to the run out and persevere to continue as just one run is not enough.

I lap back up the hill for another redemption at turns I know are there. The rain is pelting harder now, I am soaked thru but will not be denied. A second downhill run goes as well as the first. The snow is changing with every turn, once pow is now manky. I hammer thru the run and continue back to the up track. A third run, why not. topping out I find my line and the speed again builds into turns that must be forced as the snow is now full on paste but also supple and forgiving. I run out and climb the hill again.

I must now make a decision, should I push on or escape now to the beckoning truck. I feel as I am already wet with workout perspiration I must continue and proceed to cut a few more laps on the now faster than greased lightning track. I round the bend for the last time and know in my heart that this is it. I find my angle across the hill on a heading that takes me back to the safety of my faithful conveyance. As I descend I pray to Ullr for many more days to come of snowy delight. I make it back to the vehicle and quickly shed my gear into its waiting cargo area and at once am back on my way home.

I am home now in the comfort of the fire and my kitties are clamoring for attention and food. I must go back to my daily existence but a another day with come when snow falls and the hill calls again.