Scott E1 airbag - US shop?

Where can you buy it in the US?
    Thanks!

Backcountry seems to have them in stock now.

Buying from the US isn't strictly necessary though. I picked one up from AlpinStore (in France) and it arrived in a couple weeks via DHL/USPS.

I was thinking of buying one, but suddenly they are out of stock almost everywhere in EU. I asked couple of shops if they can order directly from Scott for me and they told me that Scott is out of stock for them also. Now I'm suspicious if this was kinda limited pioneer run

Might have some stocking issues that need to be resolved. Noticed some people complaining that they were sent packs marked "SAMPLE" and not intended for retail sale.

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    I was thinking of buying one, but suddenly they are out of stock almost everywhere in EU. I asked couple of shops if they can order directly from Scott for me and they told me that Scott is out of stock for them also. Now I'm suspicious if this was kinda limited pioneer run
    I'm a Scott dealer in the UK and I sell the E1 pack. After first seeing the pack at the UK trade show back in Jan I decided that this was the only avi pack I'd be ordering in for this season, even though they're 35% dearer than the various gas packs so the stock cost is significantly greater, especially as I decided to double my usual stock holding. I placed my stock order at the end of Feb.

I then used a pre-production pack for a while late season and after that went back to Scott to order even more. Turns out all the other retailers had done the same and I got the last four unallocated packs and this was late April. Everything Scott makes is to dealer order with only a number limited run-ons for additional back-up stock which they hold and I got the last four of these.

By the time my first delivery arrived early Oct I'd already pre-sold them all. And the additional four arrived a couple of weeks ago and I've now only got one left. All the other retailers I know have had the same experience. And I've got a customer who's bro is a bike designer for Scott so he gets their 'family/staff deal' but because all their production is sold out he's missed out.

Scott wouldn't tell me how many they've produced but I understand that it was considerably more than their twin gas packs (which they are still offering) and it was certainly not a "limited pioneer run". Looks to me like Scott & their retailers seriously underestimated the demand, especially as there'd been no marketing of the E1 during the spring/summer. Scott had a big marketing campaign planned for the end of Oct but that has now been greatly reduced .

Jon, thanks for the helpful insight, as always. I just got another interesting info from my local Scott dealer. He says Alpride system is fully removable and next year Scott is planning to release 3 different volume backpacks with Alpride E1 and it will be possible to purchase Alpride-compatible backpack without the system and switch between them. Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Jon, thanks for the helpful insight, as always. I just got another interesting info from my local Scott dealer. He says Alpride system is fully removable and next year Scott is planning to release 3 different volume backpacks with Alpride E1 and it will be possible to purchase Alpride-compatible backpack without the system and switch between them. Finally!
    Yep, there's 40 litre and 22 litre packs coming next autumn as they currently have for the twin gas cylinder version.