Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

MONTUCKY COLD SNACK IS THE NEW PBR HERE

Went to the local and only liquor store in town to be told that they were out of PBR and that Pabst is going under and to buy Montucky instead. Life without PBR hasn't been experienced since 1844.

^old news? this is big news down here in northwest TX (swco).
    Last edited by SKIP INTRO; 11-14-2018 at 08:51 PM. Reason: clarity

Can confirm also the case in BendClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1515.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	255501

Had a can a few weeks ago in the parking lot after a work orientation. I would agree that it's the "New PBR"; malty and well, malty. If you like malty American lagers, then this may very well be your new jam...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

PBR's probably not going out of business, Coors has brewed their beer for many years and Coors recently told Pabst they don't have the capacity to do it any more because of increased costs and demand for their own beer. Pabst is suing Coors but also scrambling for another contract brewer. You'll see PBR's again, for whatever that's worth.

Well, it has been Busch and PBR down here for a while. I thought the liquor store dude was fucking with me when he told me to check out the "Montucky" by the front door. Almost became triggered until I asked "waht?" and then saw the display. It's drinkable enough, just like PBR.

Cold Snack is damn good name for a beer. You can’t help but want one.

^Right. Cold Snack and Montucky in one name is pretty genius for targeting the PBR crowd.

‘Montucky cold snack’. Sounds like the Montana winter version of a Cleveland Steamer.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    ‘Montucky cold snack’. Sounds like the Montana winter version of a Cleveland Steamer.
    Montana Upper Decker
    Last edited by SKIP INTRO; 11-14-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: does that make sense, who cares, pass me an MCS

So much good beer out there and you post about this pisswater?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Life without PBR hasn't been experienced since 1844.
    Actually the PBR chain has been broken at least twice; prohibition and when they went out of business and sold their breweries ~2014. In the good old days before MADD, PBR was the beer of nickle beer nights along with Black Label and was priced about right. Montucky is slightly better.

piss water american lager brewed in Wisconsin, some services outsourced to Minnesota, and some kind of Montana marketing connection. good marketing.

MONTUCKY COLD SNACK IS THE NEW PBR HERE

I bumped into the CEO of Montucky Cold Snacks a few years back in Scissorbills. He was drunk, and admitted that his beer is nothing more than Old Style, brewed in the same factory using the same recipe.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1542252885.223893.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  82.2 KB
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    overrated
    very

FWIW, I've always preferred Hams or Burgie (and even Schmidt) over PBR...

Several years ago, end-of-season in the parking lot of Alpine Meadows I had a coupla 12ers of Hamms. Some younger co-workers of mine joined me for apres and they had never had Hamms. They were like "This shit is way better than PBR. Where did you get it?" I had to school the young bucks on The Land of Sky Blue Water...

this Reddit thread on Cold Snack is amazing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/olympia/com..._a_cold_snack/

"No lie. That shit is horrendous. I think they made a bad batch of beer and came up with an awesome can design just so they could trick people into buying it."

Another article I found stated "the unofficial official beer of Montana, brewed in Wisconsin..."

Here in Montucky, everyone is still drinking PBR. Or Hamm's. Or better yet, Ranier.

If you're gonna drink piss beer, no idea why anyone would pay a premium to get that cold snack stuff.

Tuck up. Snacks for everyone. For a shitty 5% beer if I'm skiing, fishing, or camping it sessions better than any other shitty cheap beer.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Here in Montucky, everyone is still drinking PBR. Or Hamm's. Or better yet, Ranier...
    Hope you are drinking "The Green Death", aka Rainier Ale.
    That ish will get you hammered.

Fresh out of high school my buddy's dad told me "If you want to get f$%ked-up, you can't do better than "The Green Death", to which I replied "What is that?" To which he said "Ranier Ale."

They used to sell tall boys of that at Specs in North Beach for like $3...you gotta drink 'em hella cold, though.

EDIT:
    cursory Webz searches indicate that Ranier Ale may no longer be brewed. Can't seem to get 100% confirmation on this, but the rumour mills are buzzing...

Here in Montucky, everyone is still drinking PBR. Or Hamm's. Or better yet, Ranier.

If you're gonna drink piss beer, no idea why anyone would pay a premium to get that cold snack stuff.
    What premium? Costs the same or perhaps a dollar more per sixer. I guess a dollar is a premium....

actually, if none of us are drinkin' Pearl (or at the very least showering with it), then what's the point?

Chuck Norris drank that shit (and showered in it) like it was going out of style in Lone Wold McQuade...https://beersonfilm.com/lone-wolf-mcquade-1983-2/

Name:  pearl-bath.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  25.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
    What premium? Costs the same or perhaps a dollar more per sixer. I guess a dollar is a premium....
    Isn't that stuff like $6 or $7 / 6 pack? Pbr is $9 for 12.

Fair enuff. I guess a dollar here or a dollar there doesn’t affect my decision making when it all tastes the same ice cold. “Hey, it looks like old the license plates. Buuuurp it’s gotta be good then.” (I’m sure that’s an actual quote by me at some point)

Is it? The marketing is obnoxious so I never bought it on principle, but I seem to remember it being right in line with PBR / Rainier pricing