Scarpa Maestrale XT

Blister just posted an update from OR noting that Scarpa is releasing a new, stiffer version of the Maestrale, dubbed the Maestrale XT:

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...er-winter-2018

Anybody know anythig about this boot? Seems like it'll be somewhat similar tp the Freedom to me. Curious to hear more about it.

My money is the Freedom is no more and they'll just be clearing out old stock.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

It looks like Scarpa used the same lower boot with a different cuff

The cuff goes lower, uses metal buckles and it has a Booster strap
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Freedom is discontinued.

XXXer is right in that the XT is the same lower shell as the RS, and the other details. Also has freedom walk mode hardware. ‘130+’ flex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lee? When will you test this one? Think you could do the comparison to the current zero G, maestrale rs 2.0 and maybe stiffness comparison to the lupo 130c?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    It looks like Scarpa used the same lower boot with a different cuff

The cuff goes lower, uses metal buckles and it has a Booster strap
    Same metal cuff ladders that I have on my Dynafit Titans. One of these days I'd love to see an OEM boot part catalog since the same ladders or other parts are off the shelf items that get put on a bunch of different boots.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Also wondering if Scarpa will indemnify this boot for use with skis wider than 110mm waists.

As a data point of note -
    I used the RS 2.0 with a 116mm waisted ski and I didn't die.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I found the maestrale's to be decently stiff but then again I'm only like 160 lbs. I wonder how much stiffer these new ones are.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Also wondering if Scarpa will indemnify this boot for use with skis wider than 110mm waists.

As a data point of note -
    I used the RS 2.0 with a 116mm waisted ski and I didn't die.
    I didn't realize that they didn't do this before.

As a data point I've been using the RS2.0 on a 112mm underfoot ski and I didn't die. But I did have to warranty both my left and right boots (for separate breakages).

I've never found the RS to be too flexy or not stiff enough. If anything, they could so work on making it a more linear and less terrible flex. I mean, I get it; they aren't alpine boots, but I've never said, "Gee, I really need these things to be as stiff as my Lange RX130s." And this from a 185# guy in his birthday suit that actually skis with his arms forward...

a buddy just got his second set of maestrale they just happen to be the orange ones but fondeling them I noticed the boot no longer have those hinges that break on the tongues, so buddy said yeah they are a little harder to get into
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Looks like Dav and Teague just got their XT demos. Fred made some nice shots of them yesterday in the 10 Mile!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqzoww5lzBo/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqyUBt9FUzN

Somewhat Related

Hello, I'm new to TGR and can’t start a new post yet but hoping someone with this boot can answer a question for me…. Will the 2019/20 model with the ISO 9523 sole work with a GripWalk binding such as the Look Pivot 12 GW?

Quote Originally Posted by PowChaser406 View Post
    Hello, I'm new to TGR and can’t start a new post yet but hoping someone with this boot can answer a question for me…. Will the 2019/20 model with the ISO 9523 sole work with a GripWalk binding such as the Look Pivot 12 GW?
    No, 9523 is compatible with pin bindings and alpine toes that have fully adjustable height or AFD-- labeled AT/MNC/ID depending on the brand (as long as the brand isn't look)

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    No, 9523 is compatible with pin bindings and alpine toes that have fully adjustable height or AFD-- labeled AT/MNC/ID depending on the brand (as long as the brand isn't look)
    Thanks. I kinda thought that might be the case. Appreciate the input.

A dozen days so far on the XT's... Pretty much all in bound with one short tour so far and I'm really happy on the package. 6th toe punch on both boots plus a set of Tour Wraps have been the only mods. Very well may replace my Lupo 120s as my resort boots, the power and edge transfer has been amazing and the weight is non existent. Been skiing them in Wardens on the new Ripstick 106 Blacks and Shifts on the Bent120s. The tour setup is Mtn's on the new Backland 107s. Only complaint so far is getting them on/off with the wrap liner, fingers crossed on the durability after the recent recall

Anyone have more days in these? I am coming from the RS 1.0 and was pleasantly surprised by the shop floor feel of these the other day. Seem to deal with a bunch of the issues that I have with the previous generation RS while keeping the general touring utility/simplicity. I am more intrigued than I thought I would be and am interested in hearing other people's experience/thoughts on them.