Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

https://imgur.com/a/JYTRtxc

I am also having issues uploading from my phone.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

My 1-year-old, 3.5-year old recovering from a broken leg, my wife and I had an amazing time this past weekend at Aspen Mtn and Snowmass. It was our first visit and we had a blast. Saturday and Sunday up high were much better than I expected at Snowmass and ski onto the lifts all weekend is pretty nice. The S’mores were a hit with the ladies too. Special thanks to skideepow for the vouchers hookup. It was great to get my wife out again. Here is some stoke from breakfast and the playground: Name:  IMG_2911.JPG
Views: 1283
Size:  209.7 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2912.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	792.0 KB 
ID:	278809
    Last edited by wolfelot; 04-17-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Did a bowl lap first thing this morning, it skied great with 3-5" of smooth untracked creamy snow from the storm last night.

Can't believe how much snow is still up there. The rock outcropping is completely buried and that giant dip right by the DT unloading ramp where you usually have to herringbone to get up and over is just flat.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Did a bowl lap first thing this morning, it skied great with 3-5" of smooth untracked creamy snow from the storm last night.

Can't believe how much snow is still up there. The rock outcropping is completely buried and that giant dip right by the DT unloading ramp where you usually have to herringbone to get up and over is just flat.
    Skied Hayden this am. Coverage is u real. Stammberger is completely filled in and it’s almost May.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6160.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	862.7 KB 
ID:	280258

There is still a ridiculous amount of snow up high. We were at Shrine Mtn Inn last weekend and we had kids disappearing in tree wells 4+ft deep still. The pictures I’ve seen of E Snowmass and Express and Pearl look like a sea of debris.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    My 1-year-old, 3.5-year old recovering from a broken leg, my wife and I had an amazing time this past weekend at Aspen Mtn and Snowmass. It was our first visit and we had a blast. Saturday and Sunday up high were much better than I expected at Snowmass and ski onto the lifts all weekend is pretty nice. The S’mores were a hit with the ladies too. Special thanks to skideepow for the vouchers hookup. It was great to get my wife out again. Here is some stoke from breakfast and the playground: Name:  IMG_2911.JPG
Views: 1283
Size:  209.7 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2912.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	792.0 KB 
ID:	278809
    Beautiful children there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    There is still a ridiculous amount of snow up high. We were at Shrine Mtn Inn last weekend and we had kids disappearing in tree wells 4+ft deep still. The pictures I’ve seen of E Snowmass and Express and Pearl look like a sea of debris.

We are almost to Pearl on Castle, we don't typically open up above there and let it melt out, but I'm guessing it may be too much for Carl et. al to handle this year. The part of the road going by Mace's is going to look different based on what I saw from Amos.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

SchindlerMrs., and I will be skiing Ajax next weekend....probably Sunday or Monday. Nothing too gnar...just lift served. Anyone interested in meeting up for a lap(s), or drinks in town?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I’ll probably be out everyday. Skis, bikes, Sup or beer, choose your weapon?

Seen a lot of posts on social media about Sam Coffey passing away. Anyone have any info? Truly tragic.

I used to race against him back when he was in college and I was a few years younger in HS. Always seemed like a nice kid, always smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Seen a lot of posts on social media about Sam Coffey passing away. Anyone have any info? Truly tragic.

I used to race against him back when he was in college and I was a few years younger in HS. Always seemed like a nice kid, always smiling.
    Sam was a great guy, and a fucking ripper. I'll shoot you a PM,

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

Had a stroke while in Mex. spent 4 or 5 days in ICU in Cabo. Suffered a bunch more strokes while there and died yesterday.
    He was staying at a really good friend of mines place on east cape, about an hour drive from hospital.
    Pretty tragic for such a young guy.

So bummed out by this

Horrible, tragic, terrifying. RIP Sam

This really crushes so many in the community. Sam was a great kid...

So sad.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Good Manhattan’s tonight at the limelight. It will be skiing tomorrow. Orange Narrona or blue pants and mx98s. Hope to see you
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Did you bring AT Gear? The call is laps early on front, then corn harvest the back till 4.

The front is fun, but got very crowded with 3100.
    Sundeck ran out of beer and still had their biggest day ever.

Fun times yesterday. The snow was bulletproof in the AM, but the sun was shinning and the goofballs were out in full force. No AT gear. Hitting up The Bells this AM

Name:	50E1378A-FE5F-4B79-A223-A4FC19FA502E.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	634.2 KB 
ID:	283768

Monday was one of the best slush days I’ve had on Aspen.

No pics of the skiing, but RIP Sam

Name:	IMG_6610.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	916.5 KB 
ID:	284139

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

We were out of town last weekend; bummed to miss Sam's thing. It sounded awesome from everyone who was there.

Pretty stoked on Aspen Mtn this weekend and the pass opening. We drove up to the Bells on Wed night; wild slides!

That sucks, but I saw it coming.
    First Gorsuch Haus and now they’ll privatize the back side.

Not sure if it’s a monumental change... SkiCo already leased it all... be interesting to see where they go for the summer stuff. They got a deal compared to the $40M the Millers were looking for

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Is the road up to the Bell’s open till June 8? When do the shuttles start running?

Was gonna run up early tomorrow with the kiddos for a little hiking.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Is the road up to the Bell’s open till June 8? When do the shuttles start running?

Yeah, its open, you're good to go. Bus starts June 15.

Aspen was great yesterday - no crowds, great snow, good vibes. Back today!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

Yeah, you’re good re: Bells

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com