Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    I’ll be 1st chair 1A @8:45 today if you want to rip some laps.

30th Anniversary at Bosq tonight.

^^^ Thank you for the offer.

But, my 4 hour trip put up in time for beginning of second shift.
    Snowmass skied surprisingly well.

Can one park for free at Ruby transit center and take the bus to Highlands or Ajax?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

You can park for free at the intercept lot or Buttermilk.
    Ruby Park is in the Downtown core and parking is tightly regulated.

Snow was very dense, slightly wind blown and slow at Snowmass.

I was drafting a good Skier across the Trestle flats, when at the last second, he turned and decided to go to Big Burn.
    Got taken out by a snowmobile.

Ouch, hope he's alright. And good thing you didn't follow him

^^^ OOF!!
    He didn't see it,?

Deep, heavy snow at Highlands.
    Access to the white room was repeatedly granted.
    So fun linking steep, blind, soft turns.
    Tomorrow should be even better.

5 days @ Jackson & 7 days @ Aspen has been eye opening.

I saw it coming, but he must not have until the last second. He checked his speed just enough to run into the side of the sled, instead of taking a full frontal hit at speed. Looked like a glancing blow and they were gone my next lap.

Finished up on Aspen at 4. Snow was much lighter and coming down hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I saw it coming, but he must not have until the last second. He checked his speed just enough to run into the side of the sled, instead of taking a full frontal hit at speed. Looked like a glancing blow and they were gone my next lap.

Finished up on Aspen at 4. Snow was much lighter and coming down hard.
    still waiting on your voter fraud story? No one in town is even mentioning this.

Lightest snow in weeks and no crowds. Great day out there!

I went up at about 12:15. Still found fresh lines all over the place all afternoon. I thought it was Spring Break?

yeah i was up at 9, skied till 12. It was great.
    No one lined up, with a 10 inch report.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I went up at about 12:15. Still found fresh lines all over the place all afternoon. I thought it was Spring Break?
    yeah very weird. On the north woods weather station it said 19 inches in 20 hours. I guess the station was wrong? Didnt know why that was not reported.

I'm meeting a friend in Aspen tomorrow. Never skied there before. He's staying in town, should we just go up Gondola in town, or is it worth taking the bus over to the Highlands?

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    still waiting on your voter fraud story? No one in town is even mentioning this.
    It’s coming, they are starting with a recount.
    Did you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I'm meeting a friend in Aspen tomorrow. Never skied there before. He's staying in town, should we just go up Gondola in town, or is it worth taking the bus over to the Highlands?
    Do both. Either will be really good.
    The Bowl will be holding the most snow and it will be a perfect day for a hike.
    Aspen is open for skiing until 6, with a band at the Sundeck.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Lightest snow in weeks and no crowds. Great day out there!
    Excellent day.
    Did Highlands again.
    That bowl fucking rocks!
    3 laps today: White Kitchen, Full Curl, Mushroom.
    Sooo much more sustained, steep vertical than other resorts I'm used to skiing (even below treeline).

I came out so fucking hot into flats on my first run.
    ~2' deep cut up run-out.
    Almost thought I might tomahawk in the flat.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Big week (AGAIN)!! Storm skiing at Ajax on Wednesday - Cone 2 skiing like Japan. Triple set in the Bowl yesterday... Great storm.

Got in 2 days at Highlands Friday and Sunday with my IKON pass . I've always wanted to go to Aspen, but never had a way of getting a cheap ticket there. Now have a few friends in Carbondale and made it out for some riding with the groom's crew (Redstone wedding on Saturday).

Highlands was awesome. Locals - not just my friends - were very welcoming and friendly. Terrain was very good - steeper and more sustained (but less cliffy) than my regular CA resorts. The Bowl was a really cool inbounds feature. I can certainly see why it's a fave. Got in 3 laps (Sunday was way better). Really dug Eden (that high sidestep off skiers left below Loge chair), the deep temerity terrain, and Thunder Bowl groomer.

California (Tahoe) seems mean, arrogant, and very busy by comparison. Also our snow sucks. Then again, your backcountry is scary. Yikes!

Anyway, thanks for the great shredz, stellar vibes, and good humans.
    sproing!

How did you dig the castle?

Redstone Inn? That place is super cool! Built in 1902 to feed and entertain coal miners traveling to the nearby mines.

I love Colorado's small mining towns and outposts - very cool history and a big reason there is so much good access in CO.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Got in 2 days at Highlands Friday and Sunday with my IKON pass . I've always wanted to go to Aspen, but never had a way of getting a cheap ticket there. Now have a few friends in Carbondale and made it out for some riding with the groom's crew (Redstone wedding on Saturday).

Highlands was awesome. Locals - not just my friends - were very welcoming and friendly. Terrain was very good - steeper and more sustained (but less cliffy) than my regular CA resorts. The Bowl was a really cool inbounds feature. I can certainly see why it's a fave. Got in 3 laps (Sunday was way better). Really dug Eden (that high sidestep off skiers left below Loge chair), the deep temerity terrain, and Thunder Bowl groomer.

California (Tahoe) seems mean, arrogant, and very busy by comparison. Also our snow sucks. Then again, your backcountry is scary. Yikes!

Anyway, thanks for the great shredz, stellar vibes, and good humans.
    Aspen's got some of the friendliest locals around, from my experience. Come to think of it, I've been given free booze there more than any other place I've ever been to. I hope that won't change if I buy an IKON pass...

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Aspen's got some of the friendliest locals around, from my experience. Come to think of it, I've been given free booze there more than any other place I've ever been to. I hope that won't change if I buy an IKON pass...
    We'll tease you, but there's still plenty of beers!

Kids and I passed through on the way and back from Arches and skied Ajax, Highlands, and Snowmass. 3-4 “ the days we were there kept it softish. Didn’t see a single lift line except for at the cirque lift at Snowmass as the clouds cleared.

I don’t see an Ikon effect. With the mass development down valley , it’s more likely the new locals that created lines on big days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Kids and I passed through on the way and back from Arches and skied Ajax, Highlands, and Snowmass. 3-4 “ the days we were there kept it softish. Didn’t see a single lift line except for at the cirque lift at Snowmass as the clouds cleared.
    You must have missed Friday? Friday was full-on coral reef skiing. Saturday was a wee bit better with some soft snow, but there wasn't enough to keep you off the shit below. That said... it was better than not skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You must have missed Friday? Friday was full-on coral reef skiing. Saturday was a wee bit better with some soft snow, but there wasn't enough to keep you off the shit below. That said... it was better than not skiing.
    Saturday was fine.. but I was skiing with two 6 year olds that giggled all day, so maybe I couldn't hear how scratchy it was.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.