Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    +1

More is not always better.
    It's already outgrown capacity.
    What capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Anyone get their "discount code" for their "free" Ikon pass? They said when we brought our season passes it would arrive within a couple days, but I have not seen anything. Assuming it would come through email?

Also, thoughts on Pandora? Seemed like a good idea to me...but I don't do much side country anymore.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    What capacity?
    From the hip: Occupancy, housing, traffic, parking, airport, schools, day care, water, labor pool, forest health, campgrounds, #vanlife, etc.

That town has made quite an effort to draw more and more people .. last time I was there, the volume of people smooshed in was impressive.
    More development not always better.

Just my ignorant .02.

We definitely don’t need Gorsuch Haus. Town can be pretty dam busy during peak season, but it’s really nice right now.
    Let them go ape shit crazy in Snowmass.

I’m on injured reserve and won’t be turning in my voucher for a while.

I’m generally pro terrain expansion, but I’m concerned about the road and public access to the top of the mountain year round.
    Skico wants to get rid if Snowmobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    We definitely don’t need Gorsuch Haus. Town can be pretty dam busy during peak season, but it’s really nice right now.
    Let them go ape shit crazy in Snowmass.

I’m on injured reserve and won’t be turning in my voucher for a while.

I’m generally pro terrain expansion, but I’m concerned about the road and public access to the top of the mountain year round.
    Skico wants to get rid if Snowmobiles.
    Heal up.

I agree on the worries about year round access and it is always a slippery slope, I do think it would be nice to have another little spot to go and ski and not have to take the gondola.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    From the hip: Occupancy, housing, traffic, parking, airport, schools, day care, water, labor pool, forest health, campgrounds, #vanlife, etc.

That town has made quite an effort to draw more and more people .. last time I was there, the volume of people smooshed in was impressive.
    More development not always better.

Just my ignorant .02.
    I wont even goto town in the summer anymore. Traffic is a shit show in and out of town.

$16 for a tequila and soda, town is just nuts. I cant afford to go out and eat there. I am hearing this theme from lots of my friends.

You goto Clarks, and without drinks, two people at the bar is around $120. That is crazy.

People complaining that Aspen is not affordable.

Shocked, I am. Completely... totally SHOCKED, I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I wont even goto town in the summer anymore. Traffic is a shit show in and out of town.

$16 for a tequila and soda, town is just nuts. I cant afford to go out and eat there. I am hearing this theme from lots of my friends.

You goto Clarks, and without drinks, two people at the bar is around $120. That is crazy.
    How many Oysters are you eating? Two dozen plus two lobster rolls? Or are you doing the cold seafood platter for $120? Don't get me wrong, I walked out of dinner the other night at 316 with a $345 bill for two people, counting tip and drinks...but I could of gotten out way cheaper if I wanted to. We shared a half seafood platter, martinis, wine, an app and a steak.

Going out to dinner is stupid expensive everywhere...the valley seems about 15% to 20% more then a major city and the concept of a "locals discount" is kind of BS if you live down valley and are just driving into town for dinner.

That said, we probably only go into town a couple times a month when it isn't ski season. As for traffic...we are almost always driving into town when everyone is leaving, except ski mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    How many Oysters are you eating? Two dozen plus two lobster rolls? Or are you doing the cold seafood platter for $120? Don't get me wrong, I walked out of dinner the other night at 316 with a $345 bill for two people, counting tip and drinks...but I could of gotten out way cheaper if I wanted to. We shared a half seafood platter, martinis, wine, an app and a steak.

Going out to dinner is stupid expensive everywhere...the valley seems about 15% to 20% more then a major city and the concept of a "locals discount" is kind of BS if you live down valley and are just driving into town for dinner.

That said, we probably only go into town a couple times a month when it isn't ski season. As for traffic...we are almost always driving into town when everyone is leaving, except ski mornings.
    Not true, I was MI the last couple weekends. It is 50% less expensive than in town.

Not true, I was MI the last couple weekends.
    Dude...

This is the biggest change I've seen over the last 14 years. Summer just seems so much busier than it used to be. It can take me 40-50 minutes to go the 12 miles from SMV to town at noon on a random weekday in July. And most of that is the last 5 miles into town on 82. Town will always expensive (especially Clarks) and busy times will be busy but it seems like the slow times we used to have are getting fewer and farther between, but it's sadly not a new trend at this point. We need another good recession so we can have a couple slow years.

But enough complaining, Fall is my favorite time of year and with my new "free" Ikon Pass I might just take my sense of entitlement on the road this winter!
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    It can take me 40-50 minutes to go the 12 miles from SMV to town at noon on a random weekday in July.
    ???

I drive from SMV to town and back every day, it is a piece of cake coming in. Have you ever heard of Owl Creek Road?

Ate at Clark's w/wife recently and the tab was under $80. Appetizers, no booze.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    ???

I drive from SMV to town and back every day, it is a piece of cake coming in. Have you ever heard of Owl Creek Road?
    Same here, mornings and afternoons are the usual. But I've had more days than I can count over the last 5 years where I've had to head back home at lunch or to the ABC and coming back into town it's bumper to bumper from ABC to town at 12:30 and creeping along. Some days if it's already backed up and I'm in SMV I'll take Brush Creek and McLane Flats and get back into town faster (not this summer though). When I moved here 14 years ago that was a rare occurence, nowadays not so much. But thanks for the hot tip on Owl Creek Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    But thanks for the hot tip on Owl Creek Road.
    You're very welcome just don't tell anyone else about my private road. I moved from town to SMV about a year ago and I have yet to experience a 50 minute car commute, I hope it stays that way

You're very welcome just don't tell anyone else about my private road. I moved from town to SMV about a year ago and I have yet to experience a 50 minute car commute, I hope it stays that way
    Just wait until we get a 5pm snowsquall during Xmas time! We've been in the car for over an hour to get through town and back home at rush hour, but that is to be expected during a rush hour snowstorm. It's just crazy that the traffic can be so bad in the middle of the day during the summer. It's definitely not always like that but it's becoming more and more frequent. It's the price I pay for fishing down at Jaffee park or the ABC during lunch.

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

I have an affinity for first chair at 1A.
    OCR is usually 30 minutes @8am on weekdays, less on weekends.

???

Ate at Clark's w/wife recently and the tab was under $80. Appetizers, no booze.
    Yeah you and your wife are “little people” so it doesn’t trek much to fill you up.
    And your in the industry so I’m sure they comped you some food. So your $80 is fake news

Clark’s is good, but you can definitely drop some coin.
    Now is the best time to dine out, Prix Fix.
    During season, I bar menu and limit alcohol.
    Never hurts to know every skibum bartender in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Clark’s is good, but you can definitely drop some coin.
    Now is the best time to dine out, Prix Fix.
    During season, I bar menu and limit alcohol.
    Never hurts to know every skibum bartender in town.
    Game on...

Oh, you aren’t in traffic... you are traffic. And yes, off season has gotten much shorter.

Enjoy the leaves. It’s going off right now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yes, the weather has been gorgeous. Hopefully it stays this way until November.

Looks like your wish didn't come true. Forecasting 4" tonight on the resorts.

Weather still looks pretty nice next week. This will take a lot of the leaves down, so won’t be quite as nice.

Yeah, should still be nice we only got maybe half an inch in Basalt. I am glad it wasn't more with some leaves still on the trees. The nights are definitely getting colder and many nights below freezing going forward. Getting close to firing up the heater.