Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 323
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,301
    Iíll be 1st chair 1A @8:45 today if you want to rip some laps.

    30th Anniversary at Bosq tonight.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,322
    ^^^ Thank you for the offer.

    But, my 4 hour trip put up in time for beginning of second shift.
    Snowmass skied surprisingly well.

    Can one park for free at Ruby transit center and take the bus to Highlands or Ajax?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,301

    Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

    You can park for free at the intercept lot or Buttermilk.
    Ruby Park is in the Downtown core and parking is tightly regulated.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,301
    Snow was very dense, slightly wind blown and slow at Snowmass.

    I was drafting a good Skier across the Trestle flats, when at the last second, he turned and decided to go to Big Burn.
    Got taken out by a snowmobile.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    965
    Ouch, hope he's alright. And good thing you didn't follow him

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,322
    ^^^ OOF!!
    He didn't see it,?

    Deep, heavy snow at Highlands.
    Access to the white room was repeatedly granted.
    So fun linking steep, blind, soft turns.
    Tomorrow should be even better.

    5 days @ Jackson & 7 days @ Aspen has been eye opening.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,301

    Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

    I saw it coming, but he must not have until the last second. He checked his speed just enough to run into the side of the sled, instead of taking a full frontal hit at speed. Looked like a glancing blow and they were gone my next lap.

    Finished up on Aspen at 4. Snow was much lighter and coming down hard.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I saw it coming, but he must not have until the last second. He checked his speed just enough to run into the side of the sled, instead of taking a full frontal hit at speed. Looked like a glancing blow and they were gone my next lap.

    Finished up on Aspen at 4. Snow was much lighter and coming down hard.
    still waiting on your voter fraud story? No one in town is even mentioning this.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    7,700
    Lightest snow in weeks and no crowds. Great day out there!

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    965
    I went up at about 12:15. Still found fresh lines all over the place all afternoon. I thought it was Spring Break?

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,844
    yeah i was up at 9, skied till 12. It was great.
    No one lined up, with a 10 inch report.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I went up at about 12:15. Still found fresh lines all over the place all afternoon. I thought it was Spring Break?
    yeah very weird. On the north woods weather station it said 19 inches in 20 hours. I guess the station was wrong? Didnt know why that was not reported.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    1,833
    I'm meeting a friend in Aspen tomorrow. Never skied there before. He's staying in town, should we just go up Gondola in town, or is it worth taking the bus over to the Highlands?

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    still waiting on your voter fraud story? No one in town is even mentioning this.
    Itís coming, they are starting with a recount.
    Did you vote?

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I'm meeting a friend in Aspen tomorrow. Never skied there before. He's staying in town, should we just go up Gondola in town, or is it worth taking the bus over to the Highlands?
    Do both. Either will be really good.
    The Bowl will be holding the most snow and it will be a perfect day for a hike.
    Aspen is open for skiing until 6, with a band at the Sundeck.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,322
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Lightest snow in weeks and no crowds. Great day out there!
    Excellent day.
    Did Highlands again.
    That bowl fucking rocks!
    3 laps today: White Kitchen, Full Curl, Mushroom.
    Sooo much more sustained, steep vertical than other resorts I'm used to skiing (even below treeline).

    I came out so fucking hot into flats on my first run.
    ~2' deep cut up run-out.
    Almost thought I might tomahawk in the flat.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    662
    Big week (AGAIN)!! Storm skiing at Ajax on Wednesday - Cone 2 skiing like Japan. Triple set in the Bowl yesterday... Great storm.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,792
    Got in 2 days at Highlands Friday and Sunday with my IKON pass . I've always wanted to go to Aspen, but never had a way of getting a cheap ticket there. Now have a few friends in Carbondale and made it out for some riding with the groom's crew (Redstone wedding on Saturday).

    Highlands was awesome. Locals - not just my friends - were very welcoming and friendly. Terrain was very good - steeper and more sustained (but less cliffy) than my regular CA resorts. The Bowl was a really cool inbounds feature. I can certainly see why it's a fave. Got in 3 laps (Sunday was way better). Really dug Eden (that high sidestep off skiers left below Loge chair), the deep temerity terrain, and Thunder Bowl groomer.

    California (Tahoe) seems mean, arrogant, and very busy by comparison. Also our snow sucks. Then again, your backcountry is scary. Yikes!

    Anyway, thanks for the great shredz, stellar vibes, and good humans.
    sproing!

    FS: 2017 Transition Patrol https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...trol-mtb-large

    FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,622
    How did you dig the castle?

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,792
    Redstone Inn? That place is super cool! Built in 1902 to feed and entertain coal miners traveling to the nearby mines.

    I love Colorado's small mining towns and outposts - very cool history and a big reason there is so much good access in CO.
    sproing!

    FS: 2017 Transition Patrol https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...trol-mtb-large

    FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Got in 2 days at Highlands Friday and Sunday with my IKON pass . I've always wanted to go to Aspen, but never had a way of getting a cheap ticket there. Now have a few friends in Carbondale and made it out for some riding with the groom's crew (Redstone wedding on Saturday).

    Highlands was awesome. Locals - not just my friends - were very welcoming and friendly. Terrain was very good - steeper and more sustained (but less cliffy) than my regular CA resorts. The Bowl was a really cool inbounds feature. I can certainly see why it's a fave. Got in 3 laps (Sunday was way better). Really dug Eden (that high sidestep off skiers left below Loge chair), the deep temerity terrain, and Thunder Bowl groomer.

    California (Tahoe) seems mean, arrogant, and very busy by comparison. Also our snow sucks. Then again, your backcountry is scary. Yikes!

    Anyway, thanks for the great shredz, stellar vibes, and good humans.
    Aspen's got some of the friendliest locals around, from my experience. Come to think of it, I've been given free booze there more than any other place I've ever been to. I hope that won't change if I buy an IKON pass...

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Aspen's got some of the friendliest locals around, from my experience. Come to think of it, I've been given free booze there more than any other place I've ever been to. I hope that won't change if I buy an IKON pass...
    We'll tease you, but there's still plenty of beers!

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,709

    Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

    Kids and I passed through on the way and back from Arches and skied Ajax, Highlands, and Snowmass. 3-4 ď the days we were there kept it softish. Didnít see a single lift line except for at the cirque lift at Snowmass as the clouds cleared.

    I donít see an Ikon effect. With the mass development down valley , itís more likely the new locals that created lines on big days.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Kids and I passed through on the way and back from Arches and skied Ajax, Highlands, and Snowmass. 3-4 ď the days we were there kept it softish. Didnít see a single lift line except for at the cirque lift at Snowmass as the clouds cleared.
    You must have missed Friday? Friday was full-on coral reef skiing. Saturday was a wee bit better with some soft snow, but there wasn't enough to keep you off the shit below. That said... it was better than not skiing.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    10,422
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You must have missed Friday? Friday was full-on coral reef skiing. Saturday was a wee bit better with some soft snow, but there wasn't enough to keep you off the shit below. That said... it was better than not skiing.
    Saturday was fine.. but I was skiing with two 6 year olds that giggled all day, so maybe I couldn't hear how scratchy it was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •