Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Had a blast glory ripping around aspen in storm trying to keep up with shred and buddies. 1 inch turned into 5 or so in the course of the day. Heading to snowmass today.
    Sounds like today would have been a good day to be at Snowmass, if the snow totals being reported are accurate. But only those present can say for certain...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Mondo props to shredhead for leading my age addled carcass around snowmassive. Had a blast, scored clean lines way out west somewhere before heading up top for the face hosage of pow. Shred’s the paragon of heart in the rfv. I’m rolling back sw to silverton
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Parking fills up sometimes, they try to update the signs in the mid valley.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks!

Anywhere else to park if the intercept lot is full? I don't mind paying to park if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Thanks!

Anywhere else to park if the intercept lot is full? I don't mind paying to park if need be.
    1) going up to Snowmass Village, park in the rodeo and grab a bus down the hill.
    2) go into Aspen, busses will be running from Ruby Park
    3) If you are staying down valley, catch a bus from there.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Snuck out for a few runs at Highlands yesterday, including a quick lap into Filip's that was stunning with some wind-blown pockets. Full mob out yesterday morning before they opened the Bowl.

Bummer that I missed laps with Buster and Shred. I had my brother in town, also from the 206, and was playing tour guide at a mellow pace.

Would like to have skied with both Dr. Sci and GR, but there's a lot of vectors out there.

Dump day Monday @ ajax:

Spent that day trying to keep up with Shred and buddies honking screamer t2b laps. Really enjoyed Gent Ridge variations and (west?) Bell punches when the forecast 1 inch turned into 5+.

Ajax is laid out oddly and it was cool to be shown the way through the labyrinth of traverses and rolls.

The big plus was hooking back into the conceptual continuum, brotherhood and and traditions of the mad ski freaks

Thanks folks.

Then on Tuesday, I popped my Snowmass cherry when Shred led me way out west (Powderhorn?) for a rip down unskied kneedeep before heading up the Bliss lift and railing around there for a couple of spins. With legs drained from 9 contiguous days of burning and Shred's constraints, we skied back to nthe base around noon.

At his suggestion, I carved by Tiehack for a few loper runs in the little cut up pow and snapped the following with the Maroon Bells shrouding her shoulders in cloud:

Hello CO Mags.

I am in Aspen this coming week for work for a few days. The way my work schedule's setting up, I'll have little 2-ish hour breaks here and there over 4 days. No big chunks of time free.

I think I know the answer to this, but is there any way to get avoid spending 600+ to ski those couple of hours each day? Any funky off-menu half day tickets or similar?

They do sell 1/2 day tickets for after Noon. I want to say they're around $120 walk-up?

If you can get 3-4 50% off coupons (i'm out...), you can apply those to a 3 or 4 day up-front purchase and it comes down to $70-75/day. I'm not sure if you could do that same deal with 1/2 day tickets.

That’s great - thank you!

If anyone knows of any more of those 50 off coupons floating around, I’d be grateful.

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

The last week has been unreal. I went and free skied a bunch then went for leftovers on Friday with the skico videographer

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Awesome!

I have this week off on a vacation day use it or lose it force from my employer and a green light from the wife to roll solo. I am thinking maybe Aspen Wed, Thurs to burn up my free days on the MC. Maybe some surprise snow in the bowl like last time I came over?

Down to Salida for Monarch pass laps Friday/Saturday with a friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, biggg week. Got five laps in the Bowl on Wed, great skiing last weekend and a nice Ozone and Snyder's laps today. Great to finally have dependable coverage!

ugly - Wed/Thurs/Fri should be good here.
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 02-10-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Awesome!

I have this week off on a vacation day use it or lose it force from my employer and a green light from the wife to roll solo. I am thinking maybe Aspen Wed, Thurs to burn up my free days on the MC. Maybe some surprise snow in the bowl like last time I came over?

Hit me up via PM. Free Wednesday and Thursday to ski. I’ll show you around whichever of the 4.

Schwing! Looks solid there

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Awesome!

Powtron and I might be making the trek down that way on Thursday as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Hit me up via PM. Free Wednesday and Thursday to ski. I’ll show you around whichever of the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Powtron and I might be making the trek down that way on Thursday as well...
    It would be super cool to meet up. Sleeping in my car somewhere Tuesday night night probably up by Sunlight and have a bunk at the St. Moritz in Aspen on Wed night so I can go out for beers and stash my car there.

Last edited by uglymoney; 02-10-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Highlands today was titties. That bowl...it just has a way of delivering whenever I come down here.The St Moritz is awesome. The people are great. Thanks Aspen and Aspen mags that offered to meet up...we didn't make it happen but I was never alone and my bum knee green lighted some real skiing without complaining. Off to Salida.

Will be in Aspen 2/18-2/20.
    Never been, excited to see Highlands.
    Sounds like there is a bit of snow up there at the moment?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Will be in Aspen 2/18-2/20.
    Never been, excited to see Highlands.
    Sounds like there is a bit of snow up there at the moment?
    Yeah, a few feet at Highlands over the last two weeks; should be good leftovers for you. I might be up there tomorrow if I can shake a little sore throat!

Might not even be leftovers, there's snow in the forecast every day this week and I was still finding plenty of fresh today at 2pm. It's prime time around here right now.

Highland Bowl is the marquee terrain in the Valley. But both Aspen and Snowmass are also very good mountains, with great gated terrain. You have should hit all three.

I’m injured and stuck on the groomers and low angle pow, but I’d be happy to show you around.

I’m on IR as well.. may be able to ski again in a week or so, stupid tendinitis

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Chilly, windy, tracked out... but still great pockets to be found. Bowl, Snyders, No Name, P Chutes!

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Chilly, windy, tracked out... but still great pockets to be found. Bowl, Snyders, No Name, P Chutes!
    My thoughts too.
    Fun hiking into the bowl; G3(?) and MoshPit.

Which mountain for tomorrow (will it snow?)?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...