Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

Aspen was great yesterday - no crowds, great snow, good vibes. Back today!
    The skiing was so good!
    I think they’ll have to open at least one more weekend.
    Pass during the week, lifts on the weekends and pray for a hard freeze every night.

Aspen’s spinning Ajax Express again this weekend and it’s only $27 for Icon/MC passholders.

The pass is skiing great, the rivers rising and the dirts tacky. Record Company’s playing the Belly Up for $28.
    Not many tourists yet and still some low season rates available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Aspen’s spinning Ajax Express again this weekend and it’s only $27 for Icon/MC passholders.

The pass is skiing great, the rivers rising and the dirts tacky. Record Company’s playing the Belly Up for $28.
    Not many tourists yet and still some low season rates available.
    What ever happened to your voter tampering theory Carl? Fake news?

This nice cool start to spring has been cool, I'm getting a bit concerned with how much water load still needs to come down with the looming warm up and possibility of pop up afternoon storms that'll be water on snow events....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    This nice cool start to spring has been cool, I'm getting a bit concerned with how much water load still needs to come down with the looming warm up and possibility of pop up afternoon storms that'll be water on snow events....
    We rode the chair with a guy on Saturday who was wearing a VAIL t-shirt, Epic Pass beanie, mesh gym shorts and had his IKON pass lanyard tucked into his shirt. He was bitching about "having to drive over from Dillon" and how it was "bullshit that they close at 1pm." He didn't seem to understand what can happen with rapid warming and the amount of liquid present and growing in the snowpack.

Total clown and exactly the kind of trash we don't need here. Everyone else was stoked to be out and have the opportunity to ski and this cheap ass is whining about how they wouldn't carry his last Aspen day from his '18-19 IKON Base to next year's pass.

Heading out to assssspen tonight. Will mainly be skiing off the pass, but..... Aspen is going to charge me to ski if I have an Ikon pass? I didn't ski Aspen at all on 18/19 Ikon pass and I would expect it to still be valid. Doesn't really matter, but having the option would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    What ever happened to your voter tampering theory Carl? Fake news?
    A lot of second home owner, non residents voted. Proving that they don't live in town full time would be expensive. We just didn't have the money to fight Gorsuch/Ski Co, that spent $300k just on getting it passed and it only passed by 26 votes. I know your a big race fan. But building Gorsuch Haus on the slopes, that have been zone conservation for decades, is a shitty deal for the residents of Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Heading out to assssspen tonight. Will mainly be skiing off the pass, but..... Aspen is going to charge me to ski if I have an Ikon pass? I didn't ski Aspen at all on 18/19 Ikon pass and I would expect it to still be valid. Doesn't really matter, but having the option would be nice.
    $27 no matter what with an Ikon

Yeah, I keep telling all the snow haters that it really needs to freeze a little at night, not just for me to keep skiing, but to keep the rivers from flooding...

A lot of second home owner, non residents voted. Proving that they don't live in town full time would be expensive. We just didn't have the money to fight Gorsuch/Ski Co, that spent $300k just on getting it passed and it only passed by 26 votes. I know your a big race fan. But building Gorsuch Haus on the slopes, that have been zone conservation for decades, is a shitty deal for the residents of Aspen.
    I would think if you had any real proof of that, the papers would have picked up your cause, and the Sec of States office would have looked into it and started some type of investigation.

It's about how people register now... I know growing up in a town where a lot of people summered that a couple would split where they voted, wife in the city and husband in the country or vice versa.

Shred, where are you registered?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Shred, where are you registered?
    I'm registered in Snowmass and didn't vote in the Aspen election, even though I spent 180 nights at Shadow Mountain.

Aspen looses another good one.
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/long...spen-mountain/

RIP Jerry, it was my pleasure to call you a friend.

And the beat goes on - https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...assic-weekend/

The Pass was fun this weekend, but lots of people out and lots of people out late in the morning.

But building Gorsuch Haus on the slopes, that have been zone conservation for decades, is a shitty deal for the residents of Aspen.
    Contrary to what the name implies, "conservation zoning" doesn't mean it will be an open space park or something. Just means less dense residential i.e. more giant homes that sit empty for 48 weeks per year.

True, but Skico would never have built two, approximately 6000sqft homes, right in the middle of a ski slope.

Apparently the banks don’t think the hotel is a good idea either.

The yellow disc golf course is open at Snowmass. Sunlight is open too. CMC Glenwood as well.

True, but Skico would never have built two, approximately 6000sqft homes, right in the middle of a ski slope.

Apparently the banks don’t think the hotel is a good idea either.
    Are they having a problem with financing?

I have to be honest, I’d enjoy a beer on whatever patio watching the groms shred the jump line on Norway when this gets done, but I get the sentiment of wanting to keep 1A low key.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Yes, that’s why they’re looking for new investors.

https://www.aspendailynews.com/news/...ed95ebf5c.html

I don’t think you’ll even be able to see Norway from the proposed deck, with a 46” tall building between. Plus it gets shady early there and the jump line will cease to exist.

If they build Gorsuch Haus, there won’t be a lift there for at least two years. If it goes BK, after they start excavation, it could be a lot longer.

We begged City Council to require a performance bond. But in the end, they decided to just withhold the cities portion of the improvements, until the lift is built.

I don’t think you’ll even be able to see Norway from the proposed deck, with a 46” tall building between.

What is this? A building for ants?!?!

Yes, that’s why they’re looking for new investors.

https://www.aspendailynews.com/news/...ed95ebf5c.html

I don’t think you’ll even be able to see Norway from the proposed deck, with a 46” tall building between. Plus it gets shady early there and the jump line will cease to exist.

If they build Gorsuch Haus, there won’t be a lift there for at least two years. If it goes BK, after they start excavation, it could be a lot longer.

We begged City Council to require a performance bond. But in the end, they decided to just withhold the cities portion of the improvements, until the lift is built.
    So is the lift construction totally dependent on Gorsuch Haus happening? No hotel, no lift? Is the lift construction supposed to start at the same time as the hotel construction?

I'd be willing to bet someone $5 that this hotel is not finished for at least 8 years - think W, Aspen Club, Dancing Barely Built, Base Village, Mark Hunt hotels etc.

Yes, Gorsuch (Norway Partners) is paying for most of the lift.
    Lift One Lodge(Brown Brothers) are putting up around $700k.

The lift goes in last. They have to take out the lift, then excavate the parking garage/basements.
    None of which can start, until 97 year old Josephine Dolensic, dies or leaves her house. She sold the city her property cheap, but has a life estate.

Yes, Gorsuch (Norway Partners) is paying for most of the lift.
    Lift One Lodge(Brown Brothers) are putting up around $700k.

The lift goes in last. They have to take out the lift, then excavate the parking garage/basements.
    None of which can start, until 97 year old Josephine Dolensic, dies or leaves her house. She sold the city her property cheap, but has a life estate.
    Oh ya, forgot about that last part. 10 years plus, easy.

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Make that 20 years.

Town will be just fine without this project.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Town will be just fine without this project.
    +1

More is not always better.
    It's already outgrown capacity.