Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Joel does a good job for us generally. The only thing that trips him up sometimes is the SW winds with a ton of moisture through a lot of the year doesn't produce.

This year has been very hard, as we have been on the edge of everything, and areas are getting hammered, but if his forecasts are for say mid mountain, they generally haven't been that far off.

Oh, and another ridiculously great day on the hill..

Soft on soft

So yeah, maybe I'm bias because I've skied with the guy a few times.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4280.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	259073
    Whoop

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Today was awesome!

What Mag was on the Bro’s coming out of Gorp’s Glades with Jay and Lauren?
    a lurker for 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    a lurker for 15 years
    Managed a skin up Ajax last night in the storm; fun times. Couldn't make it out today, but looked like a real beaut at Highlands if the 8" was relatively accurate.

It was a great day, but I thought the report was generous.

It was a great day, but I thought the report was generous.
    With winds like last night that sentiment doesn’t surprise me. I heard there were pockets above, some at, mostly below report.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    With winds like last night that sentiment doesn’t surprise me. I heard there were pockets above, some at, mostly below report.

I skied on cat today. East side had 8-10 inches.
    West side, hurricane had 18-20 deposited$. Pretty crazy wind loading.

Good stuff.

We hiked Highland Bowl yesterday.. the east aspects were good.. trees between canopy and mushroom were great. I’d say that report wSs accurate. Today at Snowmass there were pockets of 7” even on Elk Camp

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Skiings been great!

Name:	IMG_3209.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	260229

Nathanael rocked the Belly Up tonight!

We are fucking lucky to live here.

Heyo, sorry to be so last minute.

My brother and I will be heading down and are looking for a place to crash Thursday night. Semi-warm and not quite as hard as concrete are all that is necessary. Ican bring down beer from Montana if you ping me by tonight or from Jackson if I hear back within the next two days. I can provide excellent maggot refferals if needed.

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post

My brother and I will be heading down and are looking for a place to crash Thursday night. Semi-warm and not quite as hard as concrete are all that is necessary. Ican bring down beer from Montana if you ping me by tonight or from Jackson if I hear back within the next two days. I can provide excellent maggot refferals if needed.
    ghosthop is legit. Help this maggot out of you can. Dude hooked up the entire BBI Montana crowd with an amazing taco feed one night at his pad. Food was kickass and so was the ambiance.
    /referral

Skiings been great!

Name:	IMG_3209.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	260229

Nathanael rocked the Belly Up tonight!

We are fucking lucky to live here.
    QFT
    glad there werent phones when it was the Double D...

Have family in town again starting Thursday... sorry!

DM me though and let me know where you'll be skiing and I'll see if I can sneak out for a lap.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    QFT
    glad there werent phones when it was the Double D...
    No shit

I've got many kids looking forward to their first ski days in Aspen. This is the first year a few are free and the other has an IKON pass with 5 days already at Eldora/Winter Park so I consider him free as well so we will be able to make it out this year!

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations on places to stay for 6-8? It seems hotel/motels are pushing MAX 4 per room...Unless I find a family suite and cost is affordable. I could fit all the kiddos on cots/couches, worst case the floor with enough padding/blankets, but you guys are the experts nearby. Looking at all my options just struggling with what it might cost me to get all the kids skiing a few days. I ask this because the next visit won't be a solo trip where I can crash again with some of the mags I've met here or party it up at someones pad after an evening partying... Those were the days of freedom haha.

"Speed is your friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Hookster View Post
    I've got many kids looking forward to their first ski days in Aspen. This is the first year a few are free and the other has an IKON pass with 5 days already at Eldora/Winter Park so I consider him free as well so we will be able to make it out this year!

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations on places to stay for 6-8? It seems hotel/motels are pushing MAX 4 per room...Unless I find a family suite and cost is affordable. I could fit all the kiddos on cots/couches, worst case the floor with enough padding/blankets, but you guys are the experts nearby. Looking at all my options just struggling with what it might cost me to get all the kids skiing a few days. I ask this because the next visit won't be a solo trip where I can crash again with some of the mags I've met here or party it up at someones pad after an evening partying... Those were the days of freedom haha.

When are you coming and what are you looking to pay per night?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    When are you coming and what are you looking to pay per night?
    Heh... forgot to add that. Not within the next month or two with the holidays and everything inflated. Looks kinda like prices drop in Feb-Apr. Maybe $100-150 a night? I saw a few priced around $109-148 a night recently but then again they are surrounded by $299-$1200+ a night. We probably only need a 2-3* hotel that's got a comfy bed to sleep on after a long day on the slopes.
    "Speed is your friend"

Rent a VRBO 2B/2B in Snowmass. Wood Bridge or Seasons Four would probably be the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ghosthop is legit. Help this maggot out of you can. Dude hooked up the entire BBI Montana crowd with an amazing taco feed one night at his pad. Food was kickass and so was the ambiance.
    /referral
    X2 Spoken truth right there by 2funky except forgot to add he rips as well, was good to make turns with Ghost and 2FUNKY
    always forward but never straight

Rent a VRBO 2B/2B in Snowmass. Wood Bridge or Seasons Four would probably be the cheapest.
    Appreciate your advice!

Looks like I have a few big decisions to make. At least, lift tickets and transportation is all set, plus bringing the big picnic basket for the kiddos to save on the steep cost for food.

Skied Sunlight today. Was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Skied Sunlight today. Was really good.
    Going to bring my stuff up for a few laps up valley tomorrow... guessing a few things might have gotten a little wind loaded at least. Or maybe I'll just bring up the groomer skis.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

PM coming, might be able to help ya boys

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Going to bring my stuff up for a few laps up valley tomorrow... guessing a few things might have gotten a little wind loaded at least. Or maybe I'll just bring up the groomer skis.
    Just got last bucket at Ajax. Skied Pussyfoot/Christmas Tree/Ridge. Christmas Tree was ok, but everything else had on/off, hard/soft wind effect. Groomer skis are probably a good call.