Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Is last week of February some sort of winter break for the kiddies in CO? Looking at options for a trip that week, and seems to be heavily booked that week. It's probably the only week I will have open for ski trip for 2019.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Is last week of February some sort of winter break for the kiddies in CO? Looking at options for a trip that week, and seems to be heavily booked that week. It's probably the only week I will have open for ski trip for 2019.
    Not that I'm aware of. In general, CO families aren't really the prime customers here. Late Feb is busy because of the usual ramp-up from Presidents Day through the varying weeks of Spring Break that run through March.

Slopes are seldom crowded here. Locals get annoyed if they share the Gondi, with anyone.

What type of accommodations?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Slopes are seldom crowded here. Locals get annoyed if they share the Gondi, with anyone.

What type of accommodations?
    Just looking for a one bedroom rental. Either hotel or condo. Have stayed at the Pokolodi Lodge before and Stonebridge Inn. Both were about $200/nt on previous visits. Doesn't seem to be anything in that price range this year around.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Looks like pretty much the Wildwood at $175/night. Nothing special, but it's decent and convenient for skiing Snowmass or catching a bus to Aspen. Rising tide around Snowmass is lifting prices and demand for sure.

Nothing stays hidden in the age of the social media!

2019 looks to be starting off nice and soft. I skied three laps this morning in the Bowl, filling in more and more each time. I'll be back tomorrow for some deeper turns, along with the rest of town...

I've committed to a spot in Aspen for the nights of Jan 20-22 with a plan to ski Aspen Mountain on Monday the 21st. Rolling solo.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

Hopefully you will grace our slopes, for more than a day?

I’m pretty much first chair at 1A( Shadow Mt) just about everyday@ 8:45.

If you download the Downtowner App, they’ll take you up there or anywhere else in town, for free.

The attraction of staying on Hyman Ave was too strong, I'll be over at Shadow Lodge for 3 nights. Hope to ski 3 days.

So today was a nice appetizer and Friday/Saturday should be excellent with a full refresh.

Buster - you chose wisely with your timing! Are you around on Tuesday?

Accidentally took a 5 hour lunch today. I regret nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    So today was a nice appetizer and Friday/Saturday should be excellent with a full refresh.

Buster - you chose wisely with your timing! Are you around on Tuesday?
    Yes, I'll be skiing Monday-Wednesday, leave a little early Wednesday, I'm hoping to catch Shred @ 1a on Monday 8:30.

Silverton is filling in too.

OneworldrentalSG

nice

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm hoping to catch Shred @ 1a on Monday 8:30.
    Down load the Downtowner App so you don’t have to trudge up the hill. Free electric shuttle that will also take you around town.

The skiing is really good!

Three point landing on planet aspen. Will downtowner myself to 1a tomorrow, Monday at 8:30.

Thinking about bringing the kids to the X Games big air final saturday evening and skiing highlands on Sunday. We will be staying in glenwood springs saturday night. Is parking an issue at the interceptor lot during the games? Should we plan on taking the RFTA bus from glenwood? We likely wouldn't get to aspen until around 6:30pm saturday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Three point landing on planet aspen. Will downtowner myself to 1a tomorrow, Monday at 8:30.
    See you at the lift @ 8:45.

The intercept lot may be full by then. If it is, you might be able to park at the Aspen Golf Course or in the neighborhoods near the 8th street bus stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    See you at the lift @ 8:45.

The intercept lot may be full by then. If it is, you might be able to park at the Aspen Golf Course or in the neighborhoods near the 8th street bus stop.
    Ok 8:45. The sled is beached by the ice garden. Will take downtowner up to 1a

Looks like I'm a little late to the party but there's no parking enforcement in town today, it's a city observed holiday. Park wherever you want.

any rec's for a tour near redstone inn? i'll be in town with the missus first weekend in feb, plan to ski highlands 1 day. marble zone looks appealing but so much terrain and hard to narrow it down. PM me if its not kosher to share.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    any rec's for a tour near redstone inn? i'll be in town with the missus first weekend in feb, plan to ski highlands 1 day. marble zone looks appealing but so much terrain and hard to narrow it down. PM me if its not kosher to share.
    Lots of good info about ski touring in Marble on Lou's site: https://www.marbleski.org/

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Thinking about bringing the kids to the X Games big air final saturday evening and skiing highlands on Sunday. We will be staying in glenwood springs saturday night. Is parking an issue at the interceptor lot during the games? Should we plan on taking the RFTA bus from glenwood? We likely wouldn't get to aspen until around 6:30pm saturday evening.
    Parking fills up sometimes, they try to update the signs in the mid valley.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Oh, and the skiing has been amazing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4743.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	994.5 KB 
ID:	265765

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Had a blast glory ripping around aspen in storm trying to keep up with shred and buddies. 1 inch turned into 5 or so in the course of the day. Heading to snowmass today.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 01-22-2019 at 08:01 AM.