Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Saturday was fine.. but I was skiing with two 6 year olds that giggled all day, so maybe I couldn't hear how scratchy it was.
    Yeah - Saturday was mucho better than Friday. But there was still a significant band in elevation that spent most of the day *really* firm. NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You must have missed Friday? Friday was full-on coral reef skiing. Saturday was a wee bit better with some soft snow, but there wasn't enough to keep you off the shit below. That said... it was better than not skiing.
    Yes, missed Friday, skied Saturday at Snowmass.

Was frozen hard underneath so we stayed low to find the early melt on sunny slopes. Did a few off of Two Creeks where the groomers were softening and found some decent couple inches on smooth snow in the aspens. Then Did the Longshot run, nice and long with a few good inches pow on the side/trees.

Then went higher into the Alpine lift area with some soft in Dykes and a couple runs on the Cirque. Few inches of powder was fun

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yes, missed Friday
    Good day to miss.

Best snow on Friday was Roberto's - but the exit was... grim. And character-building.

skied Saturday at Snowmass.

Was frozen hard underneath so we stayed low to find the early melt on sunny slopes. Did a few off of Two Creeks where the groomers were softening and found some decent couple inches on smooth snow in the aspens. Then Did the Longshot run, nice and long with a few good inches pow on the side/trees.

Then went higher into the Alpine lift area with some soft in Dykes and a couple runs on the Cirque. Few inches of powder was fun
    Longshot indeed was *very* nice on Saturday. We hit it around 3pm and there was still *plenty* of untracked up top as well as just off the sides of the main route down lower.

Aspen/Snowmass 18-19 Season Thread.

Good day to miss.

Best snow on Friday was Roberto's - but the exit was... grim. And character-building.

Longshot indeed was *very* nice on Saturday. We hit it around 3pm and there was still *plenty* of untracked up top as well as just off the sides of the main route down lower.
    I think the key was getting to smooth snow underneath. Moguls and stuff were nasty.

So ducking in the trees was pretty good and coverage was stellar and since that’s pretty much how I ski I had a great time.

What’s the deal with their gate system on the AMF Gowdy, etc ridgeline? They basically have 30-100’ of powder tree line permanently closed all along down that ridge.

I think the key was getting to smooth snow underneath. Moguls and stuff were nasty.

So ducking in the trees was pretty good and coverage was stellar and since that’s pretty much how I ski I had a great time.

What’s the deal with their gate system on the AMF Gowdy, etc ridgeline? They basically have 30-100’ of powder tree line permanently closed all along down that ridge.
    They probably want to minimize the number of people that fall off those cliffs.

They probably want to minimize the number of people that fall off those cliffs.
    I guess but every other area with gates that I’ve skied put them just back enough from the ridge to avoid that without blocking off good skiing

I guess but every other area with gates that I’ve skied put them just back enough from the ridge to avoid that without blocking off good skiing

You referring to the strip between the Poma and gates? You can ski that if you drop off the Poma, before you get to Rocky Mountain High.

They don’t want gapers skiing it, then cutting thru the Poma lift line, back to RMH.

Anyone have any spare vouchers?
    I have NonIkons coming for Highlands closer.
    Last edited by Shredhead; 04-04-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Crosspost in the Colorado thread:

I’m staying slope-side Friday to Sunday in Snowmass. I’ll be with my wife, 3.5-year-old daughter who just got her cast of last Tuesday for a broken leg and is bummed to not be skiing (so am I) and a just turned 1-year old daughter.

A few questions:

Anybody have an extra Aspen voucher for a mom who basically took the season off since she was nursing? I’ll pay a reasonable amount. I’m covered via Ikon.

What do you guys suggest for apres/happy hour slope-side at Snowmass and in town that is family friendly? We are used to breweries and restaurants.

Any suggestions for family friendly non-skiing activities that you liked?

Anybody around and want to make some turns? PM me. One caveat is with the little ones I can’t rage all day non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post

I’m staying slope-side Friday to Sunday in Snowmass. I’ll be with my wife, 3.5-year-old daughter who just got her cast of last Tuesday for a broken leg and is bummed to not be skiing (so am I) and a just turned 1-year old daughter.

A few questions:

Anybody have an extra Aspen voucher for a mom who basically took the season off since she was nursing? I’ll pay a reasonable amount. I’m covered via Ikon.

What do you guys suggest for apres/happy hour slope-side at Snowmass and in town that is family friendly? We are used to breweries and restaurants.

Anybody around and want to make some turns? PM me. One caveat is with the little ones I can’t rage all day non-stop.
    I have two or three 1/2 price vouchers you are welcome to. I can leave them in my mailbox and u can grab them on your way up to the Mass,assuming your not flying in.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I have two or three 1/2 price vouchers you are welcome to. I can leave them in my mailbox and u can grab them on your way up to the Mass,assuming your not flying in.
    Just one will be perfect! We are driving in from Denver. PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You referring to the strip between the Poma and gates? You can ski that if you drop off the Poma, before you get to Rocky Mountain High.

They don’t want gapers skiing it, then cutting thru the Poma lift line, back to RMH.

Anyone have any spare vouchers?
    I have NonIkons coming for Highlands closer.
    I may have some.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

........ See replies below.

A few questions:

Looks like you're covered, but let me know.
    Limelight almost always has a band. Venga Venga is fun and in the sun, as is the patio and deck at Base Camp.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I may have some.
    Thanks, I already have them covered.

Both Venga Venga/Ranger Station and Base Camp have little Covered Wagons that give out free Samores kits 3:30-4:30. Kids will love it!

IL Pogio is the best restaurant in the Village and kid friendly.

In Aspen, Mezzaluna has a nice apres and very kid friendly. Aspen Public House, White House Tavern, Red onion and Paradise Bakery are just a few spots you would like.

I would try to get to Highlands on Sunday, but parking will be tight.

grskier, Shredhead, thanks for the info, it was exactly what I was looking for. The kids will love the s’mores! Skideepow thanks a ton for the voucher. My wife is excited.

I’ll try to make Highlands work Sunday. Parking will be tight in mid-April?

I’ll try to make Highlands work Sunday. Parking will be tight in mid-April?
    sunday's THE day

Most Jongish

First TGR post evah. Broke my tibia on Saturday on Corkscrew. Been reading this thread especially about 1A all season so I thought maybe one of you stopped to help. I know the guy had Moment skis. If this was you thank you. I owe you a beer. If you hadn't stopped, I would have attempted to hike down which would have been a big mistake. Also Ajax patrol was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by meb6b3 View Post
    First TGR post evah. Broke my tibia on Saturday on Corkscrew. Been reading this thread especially about 1A all season so I thought maybe one of you stopped to help. I know the guy had Moment skis. If this was you thank you. I owe you a beer. If you hadn't stopped, I would have attempted to hike down which would have been a big mistake. Also Ajax patrol was awesome.
    i swung by but you already had Mike Britt and the crew taking care of you. Looked like a bad break.
    Heal up.

Yes, get healed!

Not sure about Sunday, but today was awesome at Highlands. Especially mid morning when the wind picked up and refilled on top of last nights snow. Crusty in the morning a bit, but then the refill was awesome. Great day to remember heading into the off season. And I did not wait more then one person at a single lift all day. Just wonderful.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Yes, get healed!

Not sure about Sunday, but today was awesome at Highlands. Especially mid morning when the wind picked up and refilled on top of last nights snow. Crusty in the morning a bit, but then the refill was awesome. Great day to remember heading into the off season. And I did not wait more then one person at a single lift all day. Just wonderful.
    I just took a lunch lap.. was awesome.. you could hear everything below, but that's OK when you're bouncing through pow in April. I'll try to figure out how to upload this Rylo footage tonight.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Don't know whether anyone will be around, but I will be at The Limelight over Memorial Weekend
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

AM laps at Aspen were choice and empty. Wind affect was mostly a blessing and slightly a curse.

Looking forward to the video. I took off work in the am and ended up skiing till 2. I think post spring break powder may be one of the best days of the year. There was no one there and even where it wasn’t windy, fresh tracks were available after lunch.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I can’t upload directly...

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

What a fucking season! A gift that keeps on giving.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."