Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Yeah, the Inn is great. Old school and cool history. GR's advice is for real - 133 is not a good stretch to cruise after drinks.

March! Wow, super fun weekend and more in store. Lift One passes, Rachel and Skippy in the seats and [another] runoff for mayor.

Thanks GR and AV - I definitely will NOT be driving that night. Wife has agreed to DD if necessary (thank Ullr).

Other buddy in Carbondale (used to patrol at Mammoth) told me it was waist deep at Highlands on Sunday. Stoked to hear CO is getting it just as good as CA!

Stupid Ikonic/Californicator question - where is this lift 1A at Aspen? Is it "Shadow Mountain"? I don't see 1A on the trail maps, and can only find internet talk about the RE development that might go in there.
    sproing!

It's Shadow Mountain on the trail map but I honestly don't think I have ever heard someone call it that.

Didn't one of you blokes have a rental in the RFV? I guess I could go back through the whole thread... but...

If any of you do, PM me some info on the joint?

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    It's Shadow Mountain on the trail map but I honestly don't think I have ever heard someone call it that.
    Cool. Thanks!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Didn't one of you blokes have a rental in the RFV? I guess I could go back through the whole thread... but...

If any of you do, PM me some info on the joint?
    i have one. what are your dates

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    i have one. what are your dates
    PM'd you.

So, this is interesting.. snow stake looks OK up top, hope this freezing line drops soon though.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    So, this is interesting.. snow stake looks OK up top, hope this freezing line drops soon though.
    Just got off Ajax, up top was fantastic. The further above 10k the better. Down low very grabby. Skied Niagara and made a completely normal turn and my ski popped right off. One of those pre-releases where you don't even realize it happened for a second as you keep skiing on one ski, not ideal!

Just got off Ajax, up top was fantastic. The further above 10k the better. Down low very grabby. Skied Niagara and made a completely normal turn and my ski popped right off. One of those pre-releases where you don't even realize it happened for a second as you keep skiing on one ski, not ideal!
    Good to hear up top. I'm hoping to sneak out tomorrow,

And bad to hear down low. A friend blew their ACL in Niagra two weeks ago (but with normal conditions)!

When we get this rain and mank down low I just think of the poor bastards in PNW who ski sh!te like that all the time.

But yes I concur up high was pretty good and should be so tomorrow too.

That "pre-release" probably saved you 30K.

Been raining hard for many hours here in Basalt. Took tomorrow off work to ski and will be grabbing the shuttle from Buttermilk around 8 am after dropping the kiddos off at school. Hope it is good up top!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    When we get this rain and mank down low I just think of the poor bastards in PNW who ski sh!te like that all the time.

But yes I concur up high was pretty good and should be so tomorrow too.
    As a PNW boy, this is very reminiscent of my days at Stevens Pass! All Aspen schools are closed; watch out for short groms, fast Freeskiers and beleaguered tourists!

With the continuing flakes this morning there should be 15"+ by opening chair. Aspen, Vail/Summit, Gunni, and Sawatch all at Extreme rating! Freaky stuff sitting on top. I'm guessing AHSP will be slow and cautious today with Maroon Bowl sliding overnight - debris 15 feet high and 100 to 200 yards long on Maroon Creek road:

Name:  obs_55296_25225-r.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  114.5 KB
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 03-07-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Sounds like a delayed opening at Ajax. Very sketchy conditions out there, be safe everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That "pre-release" probably saved you 30K.
    For sure. Felt absolutely nothing yesterday but my knee was a little sore this morning. Thank you STH16's.

Sounds like a delayed opening at Ajax. Very sketchy conditions out there, be safe everyone!!

For sure. Felt absolutely nothing yesterday but my knee was a little sore this morning. Thank you STH16's.
    Ajax opened at 9:30. Didn't get heavy until Grand Junction. The runout to Kleenex was the toughest run on the mountain.

I could only ski for 1.5 hours, but damn it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Ajax opened at 9:30. Didn't get heavy until Grand Junction. The runout to Kleenex was the toughest run on the mountain.

I could only ski for 1.5 hours, but damn it was good.
    I had the worst FOMO, i lined up at 7:55. Was on first bucket at 9:30. Skied till 12. Best morning i have had in years. No one was on the mountain. I think people couldn't navigate to terrain because the snow was too deep? I put the travers into the face, it was a slog but god was it deep. As was Pinball, Perrys, Henrys,
    Even on my last run, Swing, i was getting untracked snow. I guess everyone went to highlands for the 22 inches? Heard the bowl is still not open.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    As a PNW boy, this is very reminiscent of my days at Stevens Pass! All Aspen schools are closed; watch out for short groms, fast Freeskiers and beleaguered tourists!

With the continuing flakes this morning there should be 15"+ by opening chair. Aspen, Vail/Summit, Gunni, and Sawatch all at Extreme rating! Freaky stuff sitting on top. I'm guessing AHSP will be slow and cautious today with Maroon Bowl sliding overnight - debris 15 feet high and 100 to 200 yards long on Maroon Creek road:

Name:  obs_55296_25225-r.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  114.5 KB
    wow, no wonder t lazy isnt running tours. Massive. Any idea how deep the crown was?

I had the worst FOMO, i lined up at 7:55. Was on first bucket at 9:30. Skied till 12. Best morning i have had in years. No one was on the mountain. I think people couldn't navigate to terrain because the snow was too deep? I put the travers into the face, it was a slog but god was it deep. As was Pinball, Perrys, Henrys,
    Even on my last run, Swing, i was getting untracked snow. I guess everyone went to highlands for the 22 inches? Heard the bowl is still not open.
    Opened at 11:41 or so (using roundshot, it was closed at 11:40, 11:50 people were to the cat dropoff).

Snowmass, oh snowmass, what a complete amazing day. All the high trees were as good as they get, the alpine was wind whipped but fun blank canvas. Tomorrow am may be all time as well.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Opened at 11:41 or so (using roundshot, it was closed at 11:40, 11:50 people were to the cat dropoff).

Snowmass, oh snowmass, what a complete amazing day. All the high trees were as good as they get, the alpine was wind whipped but fun blank canvas. Tomorrow am may be all time as well.
    but when did they get summit gate opened? I heard it was a mess at highlands, sooo crowded again.

wow, no wonder t lazy isnt running tours. Massive. Any idea how deep the crown was?
    No idea on the crown size, maybe someone got a shot from Highlands that we'll see?

Ajax was indeed very good and very empty. Great lines all day up high - Back of Bell, Cone, Shoulder, Wiggly's all holding tons of snow into the afternoon. Highlands sounded fun after Noon, but I'm sure it was like Sunday with tidal masses. Very happy spinning Gondi laps today and getting up to Highlands tomorrow.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...for8B2S88gEUPQ

Aspen:
    Aspen Skiing Co.: Ikon Pass accounts for 9% of visits at Aspen-Snowmass, local pass use up 40%

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...for8B2S88gEUPQ

Aspen:
    Aspen Skiing Co.: Ikon Pass accounts for 9% of visits at Aspen-Snowmass, local pass use up 40%
    funny i just used that same info on a FB post, people bitching about lines.

Glad to hear. People, me included at times, just like to bitch.

Speaking of which...it was tits deep on DT the the bowl today at Highlands. Creamy and wonderful. Killer day.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

There were some crowds at highlands, but nothing to terrible. DT lift went down for a while and skiers piled up there.

I was waiting for the shuttle at buttermilk in my boots at 8:30 and a got a call my kid was sick. I had the car seats and had to run down to Basalt and get him. I took the bus back up and was skiing at 11.

Did a run in Oly after hearing DT was down. Did one tracked up run after that just left of the lift.

Got to the top and they were about to drop the rope, so I waited and everyone piled up at the button. Tons of people headed up the bowl, I hit mushroom and a gully in canopy instead and it was unreal.

Then I hiked the bowl and got basically fresh tracks in the Gs. Finished things off with another run in temerity.

There were people there, but I didn’t wait more then 5 minutes in any lines and had some amazing runs.

Sounds like it was good everywhere today!