Colorado for President's Day weekend?

I accidentally booked my flights to Den for Thursday-Sun of President's Day weekend (shouldn't play travel agent deep into a sixer of DIPA)
    Thinking of skiing A-Basin and/or something else in the Breck area Thurs afternoon-Sat PM. Is it just a shit show that weekend like it is in Tahoe, i.e. should I back off the trip a weekend and take the airfare price hit? We'll probably stay at my in-law's place in Buena Vista, so other ski areas that may be less crowded than the I70 corridor are always an option? Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated (as much as I hate to throw that out there here).

If you do stay in BV that weekend, Trips to Monarch, CB, and Breck would (I assume) be the easiest access. But yeah, that's one of the busiest weekends of the year typically.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I'm surprised you're thinking Abasin given that you're staying in BV. That's likely a 1:45 drive, much more if roads are snow packed.

Monarch is going to be the move. MUCH less crowded than any of the I-70 resorts and just 45 minutes from BV.
    go upside down.

Rebook, take the hit, and move on.

You are doing it wrong but I'm guessing you will just keep doing it how you do it. What is the question again?

You know, A-basin will be busy, parking and road will be shit, but the place kinda spreads people out, so it won't be that bad once you get on the hill. Copper can be the same way and is closer to BV anyway.

That said, Monarch is a fun little mountain for a day or two and is your closest option to BV. CB is awesome if they have snow and will be less crowded than I70 resorts. You also aren't terribly far from Wolf Creek.

Do you like driving and waiting in line? Perhaps a little bit of skiing? Do I have the trip for you!

In case you didn't know...you are looking at about 3hrs one way DIA to BV and 1.5hrs to 3hrs round trip from BV depending on where you go skiing. If it is a trip to visit the inlaws so be in. Ski Cooper, Monarch area backcountry or do something else. If it is a ski trip try and reschedule, extend or go somewhere else.

Are I70 resorts gonna be busy Presidents is the JONGy-ist think I've read on here in a long time. Its OK, but own it.

Getting fried and booking ski trips....I'll have to try that sometime.
    Go to Monarch.

Gonna agree "shitshow" along with the rest of the folks here.

And while the lesser known resorts like Monarch and Woof Crik will have fewer people, they'll still likely be a shitshow, since they'll be busier than "normal" and have way less ability to deal with above-normal crowds.

That said - it may all be way less than the shitshow in Tahoe for Prez's w/e. I don't have any personal experience with that particular shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Are I70 resorts gonna be busy Presidents is the JONGy-ist thing I've read on here in a long time.
    As is starting a new thread just to ask it
    go upside down.

Ahhh, all the love I've come to expect here on TGR... Rebook it is. Thanks guys!

What’s wrong with a Breck shitshow? You can hang out in 45 min lines watching all the action at the base area. Maybe that’s your thing? Who needs skiing?

Is that the only time you can come?

Watch the weather and book the cat at Monarch and/or Ski COOPER.

Probably going to be a shitshow as far as crowds...especially in the I-70 corridor.... get all the skiing you can done prior to the weekend...

I'd rebook those tickets.

It's gonna get too cold to snow in a couple weeks. It won't start snowing again until late March. In the meantime all the usual suspects will give up on winter.

Texans don't slay the knar knar so you'll have it all to yourself

Plus most passes have blackout dates for that weekend

I think you can't go wrong

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk