Tall mags...Flylow jackets?

anybody have input on Flylow's Quantum Pro or Cooper jackets for the longer than average mag?

6-5, 210, 42 chest, 36 sleeve, more length in body than legs

- is helmet compatible hood substantial enough to handle someone 6-5 plus an XL smith helmet with no shoulder material hanging up off the shoulders when in cinched up storm mode?

- Flylow doesn't seem to list sleeve length on their size chart on the website - how's arm length?

- are they long enough to cover your butt?

alternately, if you've bought an XL jacket from Flylow, how does it fit you for reference?

thx!

Runs big. I am only 5’11 and had a 35” sleeve and swim on an older XL Higgins. I am a donkey tho. Short legs all torso.

Email Flylow. Super helpful customer service to be sure.

Don’t know about the specific pieces you are asking about but hood helmet compatibility great in my experience.

Not sure about arse coverage at 6’5” but I would guess the sizing at XL would be fine all around.
    Uno mas

My experience, mind you I'm 6'2", 190 lbs looking for nice long fitting Larges, I wasn't happy with FLYLOW for length. I find them fairly boxy and too short in the sleeves (I look for about knuckle length so they fit OVER gloves). STRAFE on the other hand has excellent length and is one of or maybe the only NA brand with a pant inseam over everyone's 84-85cm (they're 86.5) in L.
    Last edited by robnow; 11-10-2018 at 10:25 AM.

I’m 6’4” 225. Have a xl higgins that is maybe 3 years old. Little boxy but overall a decent fit for lanky guys. Sleeves are plenty long. Hood pretty good with L smith. I do wish it was longer tho... story of my life. Sits about mid ass when standing. Its powder blue and in pretty good shape, message if you want it, free 99.

Doremite, yeah I probably need to ask them directly for size dimensions on the jackets. Good thought, thx

Robnow, I’ll look at strafe. And sleeves not long enough for you, tho? I guess I’d feel overjoyed at knuckle length without a girth that could hold another body in there with me. XXL never works...sooo baggy

Porkroll, midass sounds like most of my past & current jackets. Good to hear on sleeves/hood for you at 6-4.

Thx, guys

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    FreeRideSystem! proud sponsor of BBI
    Tried em...didn’t work for me
    Tho I will say, there was tons of helmet room

Yeah, we talked...just not the cut for me

Take my advice with a grain of salt, I’m 6’ 168#.

Dakine Eliot is supposed to be thigh length rather than hip. Haven’t worn it myself, but I have seen the prototype and it’s quite long. Only one color option though.

Armada lifted supposedly has a very long cut, but again haven’t worn it.

Patty untracked will likely not be long enough.

Strafe nomad might fit the bill if you like eVent. Good deals to be had on STP.

Norrona? Since you have access to Evo, I would go try on a tamok. If you’re lucky, pdx will have the armada, dakine and norrona all there to try on. Then you can hunt for a cheap one on the line.

Or if you don’t care about quality, saga.
    Last edited by SupreChicken; 11-10-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: I had more great advice to give
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    My experience, mind you I'm 6'2", 190 lbs looking for nice long fitting Larges, I wasn't happy with FLYLOW for length. I find them fairly boxy and too short in the sleeves (I look for about knuckle length) so they fit OVER gloves. STRAFE on the other hand has excellent length and is one of or maybe the only NA brand with a pant inseam over everyone's 84-85cm (they're 86.5) in L.
    +1 on Strafe for length. I’m 6’5” and the stuff is almost tailored for me.

Bunch of strafe votes...I’m pretty sure I can find it local to try out

I'm 6'4 and have 35cm sleeves and a 42' chest. I've never found an American (bar Acrtreyx) brand that fits me all too boxy. Thankfully being in the UK opens up the British brands which are cut far better and half the price of the stupidly expensive Scandi brands.

I have an Mountain Equipment Janak for skiing and the fit is spot on.

https://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/janak-jacket
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Just tried on a dakine sawtooth. Nice long fit on me a 6 footer in a L.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    FreeRideSystem! proud sponsor of BBI
    This. Often you need to downsize as they are roomy. 6'3" `180 and I swim in XL.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    anybody have input on Flylow's Quantum Pro or Cooper jackets for the longer than average mag?

6-5, 210, 42 chest, 36 sleeve, more length in body than legs

- is helmet compatible hood substantial enough to handle someone 6-5 plus an XL smith helmet with no shoulder material hanging up off the shoulders when in cinched up storm mode?

- Flylow doesn't seem to list sleeve length on their size chart on the website - how's arm length?

- are they long enough to cover your butt?

alternately, if you've bought an XL jacket from Flylow, how does it fit you for reference?

thx!
    Medium tall Freeride jacket. Search the forum for a coupon code.

I am 6’-6”, 195-200lbs. 42 jacket size. 34x36 pant so maybe a bit more legs than you. I love it. Sleeves are good.

Not the best pictures but hopefully can get you an idea

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7512.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	254911

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7511.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	939.3 KB 
ID:	254912

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

AC - The recommendation of Strafe is spot on... Our stats are almost identical (6'4" and 205 lbs) and I am a Patty fan boy... I wear a Large Patty and as a whole it fits in both sleeve and body length well... I decided to get a Strafe Nomad jacket in Large and I could not ask for a better fit... The sleeve length is the longest i have tried on and the body length is perfect... The bonus it is not a boxy fit...

I am still a Patty bitch boy, but to date I have not tried on o tree bm owned a better fitting coat and bibs...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    AC - The recommendation of Strafe is spot on... Our stats are almost identical (6'4" and 205 lbs) and I am a Patty fan boy... I wear a Large Patty and as a whole it fits in both sleeve and body length well... I decided to get a Strafe Nomad jacket in Large and I could not ask for a better fit... The sleeve length is the longest i have tried on and the body length is perfect... The bonus it is not a boxy fit...
    So the Nomad is both longer in the body/sleeves and slimmer than a Patagonia Untracked or Powslayer? The Untracked L is the best fit I've managed to try and planning on grabbing one before Christmas whenever a deal comes up. Might consider buying Strafe blind if it's going to fit longer & slimmer. 6ft4/180lbs, long arms.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    So the Nomad is both longer in the body/sleeves and slimmer than a Patagonia Untracked or Powslayer? The Untracked L is the best fit I've managed to try and planning on grabbing one before Christmas whenever a deal comes up. Might consider buying Strafe blind if it's going to fit longer & slimmer. 6ft4/180lbs, long arms.
    LC, sorry for the delayed response... I have been rocking Patty's Untracked since it was introduced in a size large... The fit as a whole has been pretty good and no complaints with the protection... I ordered the Strafe Nomad jacket in a large and the sleeve and body length are def longer than Patty's Untracked... The cut is really close, but I would say Strafes Nomad is a bit slimmer...

And if it helps The Clymb is blowing out Strafes Nomad for $273 and if you can wait it out they will send out a 25% off coupon...

LC, sorry for the delayed response... I have been rocking Patty's Untracked since it was introduced in a size large... The fit as a whole has been pretty good and no complaints with the protection... I ordered the Strafe Nomad jacket in a large and the sleeve and body length are def longer than Patty's Untracked... The cut is really close, but I would say Strafes Nomad is a bit slimmer...

And if it helps The Clymb is blowing out Strafes Nomad for $273 and if you can wait it out they will send out a 25% off coupon...
    Thanks. For that price I might try the Nomad. Have you used it or just gotten hold of it recently? Comments on durability? Quiet fabric or rustle-y?

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Thanks. For that price I might try the Nomad. Have you used it or just gotten hold of it recently? Comments on durability? Quiet fabric or rustle-y?
    LC - it is a new purchase for me this year so I cannot comment on durability... To me my Untracked coat has been what I compare all other coats to and here are my initial thought of the Nomad coat so far

1. I never had an issue with the cut of the Untracked but def like the Nomads cut/fit more
    2. Love and I mean love the pocket placement of the Nomad
    3. No issues to date with Untracked fabric material, but Nomad seems to have more substance to it (it is not at all heavy)
    4. Nomad fabric is not krinkly at all

The reason why I tried Strafe is I have become a fanboy of bibs so got a smoking deal on a pair of Strafe bibs... I liked the fit and cut so much I decided to give the jacket a try... I got both the bibs and jacket for less than $400...

To me my Untracked coat has been what I compare all other coats to and here are my initial thought of the Nomad coat so far...
    All sounds good. My Untracked pants arrived yesterday - nice length & cut for me. I’ll reactivate my Clymb email notifications and probably grab a Nomad jacket on a Black Friday deal. Thanks.

Update: Strafe Nomad jacket arrived today. I wouldn't call it a slim fit at all, just normal. Body length is good and sleeves very long. Fabric seems good.

^^^ LARGE NOMAD?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    ^^^ LARGE NOMAD?
    Yep. Me: 6ft4, 80kg/180lbs. Took some garment measurements which might help:

Strafe Nomad L: 25" chest, 24" hem, 33.5" zipper, 30" arms (shoulder seam to cuff)
    Arcteryx Tantalus L (~2015): 26" chest, 23" hem, 32" zipper, 28" arms
    Norrona Nariv dri3 L (~2013): 25" chest, 24" hem, 34" zipper 29" arms

Trying on the three above back to back I still love the fit of the Norrona. I would have bought another one if they still did one in the same cut but the guy in their Chamonix shop told me that all of their jackets fit the same now . Tried on a Lofoten GoreTex L and it wasn't as long as my old Narvik. My old Flylow Quantum L from 2011 or 2012 I remember fitting wider than any of the above and the body length was about the same as the Arcteryx. From memory I think the Patagonia Untracked and Powslayer I tried on last month fit about the same as the Nomad with less length in the arms and tail.

The Nomad feels like it has more space in the chest compared to the other two above, must be the cut, still fits me fine with a backpack with bunching noticeable at the wait but not the chest. Pretty happy with it anyway, €280 shipped and taxed with Theclymb's Black Friday extra discount seemed like it was worth a shot compared to an Untracked for €550 full retail.

^^^ that's helpful, thx