Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    2,112

    East side, road access

    I just got a fat e bike and i would like to use it to access closed roads in the winter or spring, to go bc skiing.

    I'm new to fat bikes, and i understand that's tough to ride in fresh snow.

    Do you guys know where I'm likely to find snow machine tracks, because it might be easier to follow them instead of wallowing in powder.

    Any roads from Sonora to South of Bishop.

    120, saddlebag lake, bloody, buttermilks, rock Creek, South lake,
    etc

    Any info will be appreciated

    I skied most of these in the spring, but it would be fun to do it in the winter, and I'm hoping to get further in on the bike before i start skinning.

    Thanks.



    Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    11,763
    at first I thought you wanted tracks for your bike, which would have been way awesomer.
    Rock creek for sure. all the rest except 120 if they aren't plowed/snow free. And then the snow still has to set up a little.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    at first I thought you wanted tracks for your bike, which would have been way awesomer.
    Rock creek for sure. all the rest except 120 if they aren't plowed/snow free. And then the snow still has to set up a little.
    Do you mean that all the rest are used by snowmobiles in the winter?

    Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    11,763
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Do you mean that all the rest are used by snowmobiles in the winter?

    Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Or snowcat. Va lakes a cat for sure. There’s typically facilities like dams and power plants at many that require access
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Or snowcat. Va lakes a cat for sure. There’s typically facilities like dams and power plants at many that require access
    So maybe i should see where dams and power plants are located.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    11,763
    there's damn at most of them, most with some sort of power facilities. There's definitely folks around here that will know more than me
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •