Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wow, that was amazing! Just freaking amazing!

cant wait to show my 4 year old....

I can remember a couple 12-13 year olds who could totally rip going big, but gotta say, never seen an 11 year old who could shred terrain that tough like that..
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 11-08-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I lounge corrected. the rock in zero.

Me too, in the 90's. Can you tell how much I put into names of lines?

I'm lucky to remember what day it is come winter.

Yeah The Kid def lives in the skier perfect storm. Last year he was about 4 feet tall. A talker and a walker. Genetics. And I bet his mom is not unused to risky family moments. prolly uncomfy though.

Funny about the Mom commentary. My motivation for the absolutely toughest turns I make, is my mother. I tell myself she's down there, broken and only I can save her. Shit gets easier.
    Haha! Yeah, I was never much for trying to name anything. Most of anything I'd ever ski was already been done. Shit, the lines I liked to ski seem to be the ones that TGR puts the gals on and now an 11 year old! I guess I wasn't as good as I liked to think I was. I think the Pink Taco stuck and Gothic too. Strangely, I named Gothic but never skied it. The day I stood on top of it I was terribly sick and felt like I had to back down but that name sure stuck. I regret that. I was sick but probably would have pulled it off just fine.

That was a tough winter, I couldn't shake the sickness and the snow pack was shit. I felt emotionally stressed and terrified the whole time. Winter 00-01 was a scary one.

Anyways, it's gonna be fun to see this kid evolve.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Very reminiscent of T Hall at the age, but kai has fatter skis which makes things a bit easier. But that fat Bastard jump dropped my jaw. the rest was damn good too!

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Very reminiscent of T Hall at the age, but kai has fatter skis which makes things a bit easier. But that fat Bastard jump dropped my jaw. the rest was damn good too!
    The Bastard probably hadn't looked that fat since it's first send and even then it didn't look nearly as filled in as that. I'm not trying to take anything away from the kids send but that was one hell of a snowpack right there. They called it a 35 footer! If you hit that thing early season with a 50 inch base it's more like a 50 to 60 footer.
    Last edited by raisingarizona13; 11-08-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Great Skiing, fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    The Bastard probably hadn't looked that fat since it's first send and even then it didn't look nearly as filled in as that. I'm not trying to take anything away from the kids send but that was one hell of a snowpack right there. They called it a 35 footer! If you hit that thing early season with a 50 inch base it's more like a 50 to 60 footer.
    Thinking the same. That was some big time coverage on the bastage. I’ve hit it a couple times and it was never that filled in. Easy 45+ footer. Kids a stud even if it was a 35 when he hit it.

From the title, I clicked on this thread expecting to see some Legend Pro XXL's from 2007 leaning on the rack at Jackson Hole Resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    cant wait to show my 4 year old....
    4 Year old: "Hold my binky...."

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Thinking the same. That was some big time coverage on the bastage. I’ve hit it a couple times and it was never that filled in. Easy 45+ footer. Kids a stud even if it was a 35 when he hit it.
    Yup, 45+ footer with a normal, average 90 inch snowpack. Hit it early season with a 50 inch snowpack and it's an easy 60 footer. It's a good early season big hit with that loaded apron if you're into that sort of thing. I used to be but my upper torso is a little crooked now I'll add. That Alta Zero line was a good early season one too btw, the waterfall puts a bunch of snow into that mini apron. It's a lot spicier when you are on a 50 to 65 inch base.

Of course, I'm a go hot right out of the gate sort of person so I'm full of bad ideas that have left me sitting on the couch eating pain killers by early March.

Fucking dumb ass I can be.......
    dirtbag, not a dentist

My 8 yo is pretty stoked for ski season now!

If you want to meet Kai's mountain bike doppelganger, check out @fred_romeo on Instagram.

Looking at IG tonight and happened across Kai Jones feed
    the kid is wearing a Red Bull helmet now
    [im assuming that means he’s now a Red Bull athlete at 13(!!!)]

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Looking at IG tonight and happened across Kai Jones feed
    the kid is wearing a Red Bull helmet now
    [im assuming that means he’s now a Red Bull athlete at 13(!!!)]
    i didn't know about that but there was this last year: https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyfry...h=664a19ca44e5

according to ski addiction, he has also signed on with quicksilver, smith, and atomic.

fucking legend.
    swing your fucking sword.

Kid is unreal. I pray his knees last past age 25! Bug he is incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk