Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Are “they” Accenture?

if they keep you, you also need to be paying attention to how they treat the other employees that are not kept as part of the process. Do they give a severance, help and assistance in finding a new job, or is it just here is you notice, do not pass go, do not collect anything other than maybe the vacation you are entitled to? If they offer up some months of severance based on longevity, and some other things, then maybe not so bad that you do not want to try and see what else is out there for job opportunities with other companies in your field. Otherwise if they are not doing anything at all other than stating you can move to another facility or just you are gone as of this date, it could be time to quickly get your resume refreshed ASAP and put out some feelers and network some on LinkedIn or similar types to build up some good contacts outside your existing company....

Along those lines, if they want you to sign anything new, pay very close attention to any limitations for internal transfers and other job limiting issues

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    Synergy Wave......just as good as “Right Sizing”.

Im shocked more office dwellers aren’t going postal
    Eh, you spend long enough in corporate America and you learn to deal with the Hokum language. Probably just a flashy way of saying "we layoff/reorganize units that work together at the same time so we can be less dumb about this", but that doesn't fit on a single PowerPoint title line.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Are “they” Accenture?
    Curious why you ask this?
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

I lived by their campus and know a few of the mucky mucks.

^ nah, just run-of-the mill US multinationals. you know, to be honest, I last "interviewed" in 1998. back when you mailed a resume to an ad you found in an actual newspaper with a cover letter. Not really wanting to, though I did respond to one Monster ad locally and got a phone screen, but havent' heard more. OTOH a recruiter acquaintance said that co noutoriously slow. OTO i didn't feel like I nailed it, and generally don't inverview terribly well. as you observe, most of my dept. is chasing these jobs and I'm of a mindset to just let the dust settle.

Since 7-9-1988 I've pretty much worked nonstop, rarely taking even three weeks total in a year. would like to spend some time on the beach. or the snow. Cheers MT
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post

Since 7-9-1988 I've pretty much worked nonstop, rarely taking even three weeks total in a year. would like to spend some time on the beach. or the snow. Cheers MT
    You sound like a good candidate for a synergy waving. You've earned it. I mean that in a good way. Enjoy the sand and pow.

<snip>
    JHFC. There's 30 years of your life you'll never get back.

So we are now Day +30 or so since the buyout and damn its erie here. about 2/3rds of the dept now gone including the dept head, etc. I now report to people in chicago I barely have met. They've made clear my value is completing project "X" and if If I stick it out to Oct 1 or so should be some pretty decent payouts.....had some nice ones in april...but dayam it quiet...hard to get movitvated. They've formally offered long term employment to 2 of our 18 person dept. Which was 2 more than I'dve guessed. And I think those 2 positions will eventually be moved to chicago as well. one way or another.
    "Can't you see..."

Gotta say though there is never a fantastic time to be out of work, the job market's pretty solid out there right now. LinkedIn has some free training content if you want to brush up on your business industry lingo along with updating your resume. I will say, be prepared to be interviewing with people 10 years younger than you who might be your future manager. Still, lots of job openings companies are desperate to fill right now.

And ya, they cut and run to remove all references to the previous company culture when a new owner comes in... as you already know. Good luck, I just went through that shit again after going through it 6 years before that, and another 3 years before that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

So we are now Day +30 or so since the buyout and damn its erie here. about 2/3rds of the dept now gone including the dept head, etc. I now report to people in chicago I barely have met. They've made clear my value is completing project "X" and if If I stick it out to Oct 1 or so should be some pretty decent payouts.....had some nice ones in april...but dayam it quiet...hard to get movitvated. They've formally offered long term employment to 2 of our 18 person dept. Which was 2 more than I'dve guessed. And I think those 2 positions will eventually be moved to chicago as well. one way or another.
    Complete the shit out of that mother lover.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Gotta say though there is never a fantastic time to be out of work
    Sure there is.

Almost any time is a good time to be out of work.

Works sucks.

Name:  6eusitt4soc01.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  182.1 KB