Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I call BS. I was raised in Chicago, lived there for 35 years and never had a deep dish pizza, ever. Yea I knew it existed downtown at Pizzaria Uno, Due or whatever the other was called but nobody I knew ever ate it. Tourists did and talked about it
    I grew up in the northwest burbs and still get some Lou malnati's when I go back and sometimes have some portillo's sent to me. I also drink old style, malort, hit up the Billy goat sometimes. I do however put ketchup on my hot dogs though so there's that. Also this stuff is good. Love visiting but could never live there again.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181108_142744.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	254575

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I call BS. I was raised in Chicago, lived there for 35 years and never had a deep dish pizza, ever. Yea I knew it existed downtown at Pizzaria Uno, Due or whatever the other was called but nobody I knew ever ate it. Tourists did and talked about it
    It sounds like you avoided a perfectly acceptable and delicious food item for no reason at all.

Here’s one I made a while back, it’s delicious.
    Name:  IMG_7639.JPG
Views: 455
Size:  215.9 KB
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    It sounds like you avoided a perfectly acceptable and delicious food item for no reason at all.

That thing is a fucking abomination. An insult to the natural order of life......

Now THIS is a proper Slice!

Name:  086B556E-3985-4E2B-BEC8-D09C7C1D1B50.jpeg
Views: 409
Size:  39.9 KB

Ideally cut cut from a proper pie by this nice old dude....

Name:  775BB917-7BAA-4DD7-827D-47A3D24ECC15.jpeg
Views: 418
Size:  75.7 KB

Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

that's not a pizza, it is a torta

I never called it a slice, pie or pizza, btw. So...semantics.

Depending on the size of that thing, could also be called a gut-bomb. looks tasty tho if it's on the small side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    That thing is a fucking abomination. An insult to the natural order of life......

Fact.
    Fake news...
    I'll bet you are from the EC.

https://www.loumalnatis.com/

You aren't from Chicago if you haven't enjoyed a slice of Lou's.

Deep dish, east coast slice style, they’re both delicious and I’ll happily eat either. In fact I’ve had both during the same meal. There’s nothing to argue about.

The “Chicago style dog” mentality, on the other hand, is an abomination and ketchup suppression must end.

Taking it back to the OP, I hear Alpine Valley might fire the snow guns tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Depending on the size of that thing, could also be called a gut-bomb. looks tasty tho if it's on the small side of things.
    This is a fucking gut-bomb:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9437.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	254693

Go Sounders.

Extra time!

Company being bought out

Dang.

While I’m a fan of ketchup on a hot dog or brat, whoever invented the Chicago dog is a fucking genius. The more celery salt on it the better too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

announced yesterday. We think reg. approval/closing will be feb/march and we are all fine until then. Will have a nice gain on stock I own and unvested RSUs which will be accelerated/vested. While I have given some very strong thought over the years to a winter or two out west, seroiusly doubt my knees could take the beating of skiing several times a week.

but damn it's tempting...
    "Can't you see..."

You will never know until you try.
    In with the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Fake news...
    I'll bet you are from the EC.

https://www.loumalnatis.com/

You aren't from Chicago if you haven't enjoyed a slice of Lou's.

Even living in northern New Jersey until I was 18, I will eat the shit out of some Lou Malnati's.

Damn, I haven't thought about that stuff for years. I lived about 6 blocks from the River North Lou's after college and ate way too much of it. Ahh, the 22 year old metabolism is a marvelous thing.

I had a buddy who worked at lou's in roselle and would bring pie's to the parties after work. Yeah weed and old style(or 30 racks of high life) and some fucking butter crust. Goddamn I'll be back in the city in a week or two and gonna hit up lots of food(prob some fancy shit too for the ol lady).

The history of deep dish(and lou malnati's etc) is actually pretty interesting. Shit what were we talking about......oh yeah good luck with the transition and just go fucking ski! And not at wilmot...

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    You will never know until you try.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I had a buddy who worked at lou's in roselle and would bring pie's to the parties after work. Yeah weed and old style(or 30 racks of high life) and some fucking butter crust. Goddamn I'll be back in the city in a week or two and gonna hit up lots of food(prob some fancy shit too for the ol lady).

The history of deep dish(and lou malnati's etc) is actually pretty interesting. Shit what were we talking about......oh yeah good luck with the transition and just go fucking ski! And not at wilmot...
    We’ve successfully made this a Chi food thread...when in town check out RPM Steak, fucking fantastic but bring your checkbook

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    announced yesterday. We think reg. approval/closing will be feb/march and we are all fine until then. Will have a nice gain on stock I own and unvested RSUs which will be accelerated/vested. While I have given some very strong thought over the years to a winter or two out west, seroiusly doubt my knees could take the beating of skiing several times a week.

Ha! Tennis is way harder on the knees than sweet pow pow skiing (and I know how much you play haha). DO IT! I know your wife wants too
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

When it's there every day you don't always have to charge...
    Depending on your industry, a lot of good Utah startups have done well, so just find a promising one with a power day rule...

So, a few more things have become clear; mostly good news. Knowledgeable people seem to think the closing will be early/mid April. Synergy waves 1 & 2 have been informally communicated and as me and my direct reports were not in either wave; knowledgeable people seem to think that means we are safe through late july / first quarter close under the combined company. "They" (the acquirer) have communicated that the dept. i'm part of will have longterm seats in my current city (i.e. no move to chicago) but we have no indication of how many seats. "we'll see."

I perform a necessary function in that I get the big ass tax return done and filed; which might afford protection through October 15, and possibly longer, but who knows.

Appreciate the wisdom from the collective above. will have to try Lou's if I ever have to visit chicago.
    "Can't you see..."

The fuck is a "Synergy Wave"?

Synergy Wave......just as good as “Right Sizing”.

Im shocked more office dwellers aren’t going postal

I sure could go for a nice buyout and severance package right about now.

So, a few more things have become clear; mostly good news. Knowledgeable people seem to think the closing will be early/mid April. Synergy waves 1 & 2 have been informally communicated and as me and my direct reports were not in either wave; knowledgeable people seem to think that means we are safe through late july / first quarter close under the combined company. "They" (the acquirer) have communicated that the dept. i'm part of will have longterm seats in my current city (i.e. no move to chicago) but we have no indication of how many seats. "we'll see."

I perform a necessary function in that I get the big ass tax return done and filed; which might afford protection through October 15, and possibly longer, but who knows.

Appreciate the wisdom from the collective above. will have to try Lou's if I ever have to visit chicago.
    What's the job market look like in your field in your area?

It sounds like you have a good chance of staying on, but the risk is everyone else in your department takes the good jobs available in your hood, at least short term. I would at least be tipping the toe in the waters. Who knows, maybe you get a better gig out of it plus some severance if the timing works out. Could be a cherry deal.
    Live Free or Die