Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1663
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    We got 2 days. Leave tonight, back to work thursday morning. Stevens was looking like a good call for me because I have an epic pass. Were thinking Baker Wednesday for a bit of blue bird pow.
    send me a PM. I might be able to sneak out for a couple hours tomorrow morning to show you the goods.

Newby post...

I've never ridden any of the "resorts" at the Summit. I have to work, and my only options are night skiing. Obviously the goods are not open for nights at Alpental, but I've heard it is clearly the best option up there for nights. Is this correct? Look at nothing up there other than Alpental? I am thinking tomorrow night. MIGHT be able to pull it together this eve, but tomorrow night looks more likely. I notice Summit West is not open until tomorrow night, but the trail map looks far from promising. Avoid even though there will be feet of untouched new at cold temps? Correct?

Anyway, thank in advance for the recon\suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Newby post...

I've never ridden any of the "resorts" at the Summit. I have to work, and my only options are night skiing. Obviously the goods are not open for nights at Alpental, but I've heard it is clearly the best option up there for nights. Is this correct? Look at nothing up there other than Alpental? I am thinking tomorrow night. MIGHT be able to pull it together this eve, but tomorrow night looks more likely. I notice Summit West is not open until tomorrow night, but the trail map looks far from promising. Avoid even though there will be feet of untouched new at cold temps? Correct?

Anyway, thank in advance for the recon\suggestions
    Alpental is usually still the best at night (IMO). I'm not a big Silver Fir (at Central) fan, but others around here are. There's some decent terrain, but long flats back to the chair. The Wildside lift at West has some fun terrain that can keep you interested for awhile. Other than that, not much there.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Alpental is usually still the best at night (IMO). I'm not a big Silver Fir (at Central) fan, but others around here are. There's some decent terrain, but long flats back to the chair. The Wildside lift at West has some fun terrain that can keep you interested for awhile. Other than that, not much there.
    Thanks for the info. I did like the look of the west not being open today or tomorrow, and opening tomorrow evening...but it just seemed so small and short from the trail map. Tomorrow morning at Alpental is the call obviously...I just wish the pesky new job was not in my way of deep...fresh...cold...powder... (cough...cough...Is that a cold developing? nah...can't do that)

Thanks for the info. I did like the look of the west not being open today or tomorrow, and opening tomorrow evening...but it just seemed so small and short from the trail map. Tomorrow morning at Alpental is the call obviously...I just wish the pesky new job was not in my way of deep...fresh...cold...powder... (cough...cough...Is that a cold developing? nah...can't do that)
    Tomorrow morning is going to be amazing snow wise. Crowds will be insane and likely lifts are going to load later than you want. I wouldn't expect them to start loading before 9:30. Unfortunately my son has surgery tomorrow at 11am in Seattle, so I'm hoping to get some sloppy seconds at Central tonight and will be looking for stoke from everyone else tomorrow.

Ran into a friend at the pool today who had been up to Snoqualmie this morning. He described the road conditions as "hairball."

How sure are you that Alpy is going to be super crowded tomorrow? I assume that people still have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Riblet Tramway View Post
    How sure are you that Alpy is going to be super crowded tomorrow? I assume that people still have to work.
    I've been for enough "powder Tuesdays" to speak from experience. The only thing that will hamper it is the roads. You think a little thing like work is going to keep the hoards from 30+" of untouched powder? You must be new here. Should clear out after noon as the desk jockeys head in for their afternoon meetings.

I've been for enough "powder Tuesdays" to speak from experience. The only thing that will hamper it is the roads. You think a little thing like work is going to keep the hoards from 30+" of untouched powder? You must be new here. Should clear out after noon as the desk jockeys head in for their afternoon meetings.
    I hope that is true, it keeps dumping and i get some soft goodness upon arrival for the evening shift. i hope all goes well with your little one and the op.

You can count on it...
    The numbers reported scream "epic"...
    There is a ton of pent up demand considering the past month.
    Every powder tech in the Puget Sound will be rallying for early lift line position.
    Unless the pass closes (which is possible) expect the place to be mobbed and the line on Chair 2 long as F.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    You can count on it...
    The numbers reported scream "epic"...
    There is a ton of pent up demand considering the past month.
    Every powder tech in the Puget Sound will be rallying for early lift line position.
    Unless the pass closes (which is possible) expect the place to be mobbed and the line on Chair 2 long as F.
    That’s never happened
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    That’s never happened
    Busted (false flag). You're right of course.
    It's always a CC, bottomless untracked and ski right on...

Pass closed now. Anyone up at Central, enjoy your private powder evening. Bummer, I was just about to head up.

I hope that is true, it keeps dumping and i get some soft goodness upon arrival for the evening shift. i hope all goes well with your little one and the op.
    Thanks, man. I'll be watching the stoke. Bummed the pass closed as I was going to try to get him up one last time before he's out for 3 weeks. I'm just hoping the surgery does not get canceled.

Thanks, man. I'll be watching the stoke. Bummed the pass closed as I was going to try to get him up one last time before he's out for 3 weeks. I'm just hoping the surgery does not get canceled.
    Healing post op vibes to the little one, hope it goes well.

I've skied in the PNW since I was 3, but I've only been to Alpental once, on a Saturday. If that makes me "new," so be it.
    Last edited by Riblet Tramway; 02-11-2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: civility

I've skied in the PNW since I was 3, but I've only been to Alpental once, on a Saturday. If that makes me "new," so be it. If you want to get into a dick measuring contest about who is more "local," we can have a debate in the lodge at Ski Sitzmark.
    Settle down...he’s doing you a favor and helping set expectations, that’s all.

Will be deep everywhere tomorrow and busy. No school/college classes tomorrow, so that adds to the madness.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I've skied in the PNW since I was 3, but I've only been to Alpental once, on a Saturday. If that makes me "new," so be it. If you want to get into a dick measuring contest about who is more "local," we can have a debate in the lodge at Ski Sitzmark.
    Well, sounds like your doing it wrong.

Probably best you keep your penis in your pants.

Uhmmm, you asked a question, and he gave you an answer with some context to give you an idea that he's seen it enough times to know.

and yeah, you're new. especially with that story.

I've skied in the PNW since I was 3, but I've only been to Alpental once, on a Saturday. If that makes me "new," so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    You can count on it...
    and will we see you and other assorted k00ks in position for first chair tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

We're slipping, normally this short of shit would rate at minimum a "STFU Jong"

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    and will we see you and other assorted k00ks in position for first chair tomorrow?
    I'll be there, probably not first chair.

I regret writing that message, sorry. I appreciate the advice for tomorrow from both of you guys, thanks.

May rally up for the afternoon shift after the masses go away. I can't justify standing in a long line on Tuesday morning when I'm skiing Thursday-Saturday.

It was def some of the deepest, low D blower I’ve ever skied at central. Ice layer still there on the bumps and convexities unfortunately but shit is vastly improved from Saturday.

90 wasn’t bad imho. Dry cold compact snow made for steady easy 55-60 mph cruising with proper tires.

Had to bail at noon to get back to Salish for some staycation deep tissue action.

Veritable blizzard here at the fallsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3329.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	247.3 KB 
ID:	269282