Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Will be at Baker tomorrow if anyone wants to link up for some turns.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Headed for Xtal early in anticipation of forecasted snowfall which never came. However, north and east facing aspects were money. Southers were little scrapey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Kid didn’t want to get up. Will be at Stevens today solo. Look for Billy Goats or Rustler 11’s and ask for change.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Stevens was funky today, but fun. Tye skied well, top of seventh was pretty exceptional, and so was the winnies. Anything below midway on skyline on the front side was pretty hooky and weird. Definitely was better as it got skied. Tomorrow should a fun day for those that make it.

What a spectacle at Hwy 2 yesterday late afternoon and evening. Numerous jean skiers- one took it all the way with a leather moto jacket, no gloves, no hat or goggles- smoking cigs in the learning area. Another fella in khaki cargo shorts givenit hell on upper Mtn.
    Here’s a steezy Goose shot for Brit Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2224.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	625.7 KB 
ID:	265571

I think Flowing needs that coat.
    Looks hella warm.

been a while, hope you idiots are well

Im looking for beta on Scottish Lakes High Camp, searching got me nowhere
    Anyone been? Know someone that's been? Know anything at all? Is it worth it for me and Mrs Samurai to go up there for a few days with the dogs to tour in March?
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post

Anyone been? Know someone that's been? Know anything at all? Is it worth it for me and Mrs Samurai to go up there for a few days with the dogs to tour in March?
    Name:  530199_10151419347480720_2090339573_n.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  132.6 KB

It's cool. Some Lame meadow skipping near the camp, amazing terrain if you skin for ways. Roaring creek is the closest stuff to ski, there are some steep lines and gnar in that zone plus some good tree skiing.

We went there every year for 6-7 years. It's called Alpine lakes high camp now. Have not been there under the new ownership but it always had a cool vibe. We loved it just to be in a rustic place at 5,000 feet in winter. Hot tub and sauna are nice. PM me if you want more specific info.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Spent two days at Schweitzer skiing funkiness in poor vis, I would post a pic but it would just be gray.

Bailed for home and toured with the dogs in the vicinity of the Mecca of SE Washington skiing, Bluewood (as seen on the first post of this thread).

The wife questioned her life choices on the skin track up, again, which was poorly placed and generally sucked due to the semi-supportable crust underneath a few inches of fluff. Evidence of a serious rain on snow event at some point, lots of runnels. Snow improved at 5k and we found a sheltered north facing zone to lap, then survived the sled hammered run out to the road.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Skied the Loup this weekend. Was terrible, never go there.

Some Fuckwad in a brand new 100k Tesla decided he was a nominee for gaper of the year and slid into my OG jimbos parked car at crystal today. In doing so he managed to give Jimbo a concussion. If Jimbos BAC wouldve been lower it couldve been extremely painful for both him and the driver.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post

Terrain is fun but not incredible. Accommodations are awesome, especially with the right crew. Try to find out what other groups are going to be there. There's lodging for ~50, but the most we could ever fit naked into the tub was 11. Could be some epic bike trail networks but maybe next decade...

New owners are a yuppie couple, and it is completely 'his' project. Bro is ex REI, she does something else and can't be bothered. They bought a(maybe more?) old US landrover disco2 and put tracks on it, thinking it would be more reliable than the mid 80's suburbans they had. At least the suburbans keep running once they're started and don't throw a track halfway to camp.

o own that place, you have to be there day in and day out, especially just after buying it to see what is needed and how things run. Sadly, they have not been, and are goading twenty-something year olds to run there new investment and making it profitable as absentee owners. I used to have more friends care take the place, and still have one up there. RIP Scottish Lakes

imho

I haven’t been since 2012. The yuppie owners seem like yuppies. They raised the prices a lot. Hopefully they’ve upgraded the cabins from being sheds with bunks.

The old owners did a poor job of marketing that place but they did give it a lot of love.

The main problem I see with high camp is that it was developed in a time when backcountry skiing was really just nordic in ungroomed snow. The camp was located in a great spot for nordic skiing and snowshoeing. But you need to skin a ways from camp to actually get any real pitch. It's a great spot to access some cool alpine terrain (if you skin for a while) but don't expect to be able to do quick laps from your cabin. Had they situated the camp in a slightly different spot it probably would be a much better experience for backcountry skiing. But if you don't approach it thinking it's Golden Alpine Holidays or some other epic Canadian lodge/hut it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Some Fuckwad in a brand new 100k Tesla decided he was a nominee for gaper of the year and slid into my OG jimbos parked car at crystal today. In doing so he managed to give Jimbo a concussion. If Jimbos BAC wouldve been lower it couldve been extremely painful for both him and the driver.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    Sorry for your snafu. Came close to this in my trip up yesterday but squeezed through a guy backing up and a guy sliding forward on a two lane.

I don’t know how you stop people from going up in cars or minivans that just dot have snow tires and AWD/4WD. Hope you can recover and get some pow turns in.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

state patrol running legit chain tire checks in really inconvenient places like at the boulevard turn off, Senic, or Ashel Curtis where it’s a 40+ min drive to the nearest Fred Myer /Walmart. Basically ruin a large number of pugetopolis day for being unprepared many times a year, and throw heavy fines on anyone who causes any accident or delay.

Move to Wyoming, Alaska, or Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

Is that a Hyundai?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    state patrol running legit chain tire checks in really inconvenient places like at the boulevard turn off
    I wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Found a few stashes left over from Sunday's snow. Nice day overall yesterday. Shitty pic snagged from a video clip my buddy took. #meadowskippingmonday

Name:  shouldagrabbedthegoats.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  114.5 KB
    Last edited by mtskibum16; 01-22-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Everything already said about Scottish lakes is pretty accurate. I worked up there for a season a while back. Best time to go for skiing imho is spring. Dunno about the new ownership but Chris used to offer better deals late season and big spring tours into Ewing basin are prime. Also it's easy to ski out via the swath or one of the white pine cirque couloirs if you can arrange a pickup on white pine road.

UMMMMM . . .
    NOAA weather for Stevens is calling for 1-13" tonite. High of 33 at like 1am, but with a high of 33 tomorrow.

Opinions? Yah, i know it'll be a shitshow. Planning on heading up early.

Just wondering about the likelihood of this forecast panning out. And wither the temps will hold?

Edit: Haha, i mean 9-13"
    Last edited by HotSchmoo; 01-22-2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: 9-13" !! That's what she said!
    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be an ass. -- skizix

the bumps are just better without hooveprints in them. -- lightranger

Heavy, wet snow at Alpental right now. Coming down hard. At least 1" an hour snow. Pass is open but dicey. They closed half the mountain at 7:30 pm due to avalanche danger. I expect to see tons of mashed potatoes all night.

^^damn nice pics. very cool burnt forest and the snow looks fluffy! Have you ever skied up in the Harts Pass zone in NCNP?

Was wanting to go poke around east peak at crystal this saturday/sunday (first timer) to get up above raincrust and enjoy the sun, but it looks like it rained up to +6k' in that area last night according to telemetry. Anyone have any higher elevation tours without long approaches that they'd want to share? (directions to finding my own ass welcomed). I assume stuff off of 20, but this time of year with the western lower gate closing you'd have to drive all the way around to the methow to access that stuff.

hnggggg lookin good norse

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    ^^damn nice pics. very cool burnt forest and the snow looks fluffy! Have you ever skied up in the Harts Pass zone in NCNP?

Was wanting to go poke around east peak at crystal this saturday/sunday (first timer) to get up above raincrust and enjoy the sun, but it looks like it rained up to +6k' in that area last night according to telemetry. Anyone have any higher elevation tours without long approaches that they'd want to share? (directions to finding my own ass welcomed). I assume stuff off of 20, but this time of year with the western lower gate closing you'd have to drive all the way around to the methow to access that stuff.
    Normally the easy answer would be Paradise, but that's not an option now.

Frustratingly, there has just been no moisture left after the post storm cool downs this year and the pattern seems to be on repeat.