Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2BDC8B2B-345B-4A11-ADF4-BDAF4796CD7D.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	556.1 KB 
ID:	263896Mission aged well overnight. Better bootpack. More tracks though.

Name:	13EE498C-CE95-4782-9C59-57A6188D8BCA.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	487.4 KB 
ID:	263992Oh yeah. The boot pack.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    isn’t brit just the best. hope he also encouraged you to spend some time learning on the gentle slopes at Crystal. there are some fantastic opportunities to learn uphill etiquette towards the downhill skiers there. that way, when you finally go up the LoT4 dog park trail with your new classmates, you’ll know why the skiers are hollering at you to get off the ski trail.
    Surely it’s more of an affront to snowplow down the skin track.

Name:	IMG_20190111_124214426.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	263994

This poop made it all the way from the Source Lake Dog Park

Jackattack I sent you a pm if you are reading can you please check it out and let me know you got it?

No wonder the snow sucks @ Snoqualmie - it's intermittently hotter than hell

Pray for snow

I always knew z-bo would be famous.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

I hear he is doing a signing on the North Bend Shuttle.

I'll be raising the honorary backcountry umbrella at crystal on Tuesday before the premier.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    I'll be raising the honorary backcountry umbrella at crystal on Tuesday before the premier.
    Mind your thumbs the handle can kickback something wicked if the wind picks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    cool! thanks for posting that!

isn’t brit just the best. hope he also encouraged you to spend some time learning on the gentle slopes at Crystal. there are some fantastic opportunities to learn uphill etiquette towards the downhill skiers there. that way, when you finally go up the LoT4 dog park trail with your new classmates, you’ll know why the skiers are hollering at you to get off the ski trail.
    I'll be sure to take the bag out of the closest trashcan to the Magnuson Dog Park, bring it up to Alpental, and evenly distribute the contents along the ski trail.

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Current etiquette (apparently) dictates that you bag and toss to the side for some else to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Current etiquette (apparently) dictates that you bag and toss to the side for some else to pick up.
    Well yea, how else you gonna keep the lot 4 sanitation crew employed.

wouldn’t know but i’d imagine right up there with poop
    Because there is room for everybody. Poop notwithstanding. But have you been to Ballard lately. Or anywhere in Seattle. More pets than children.

I don't like good threads that devolve into bitching by jongs, but as a jong I'm gonna bitch. I've stayed positive by not bitching about:
    El Nino
    A late start to the season
    The 1k snow level difference between NWS and NWAC all season
    Gong show crowds driving up to my volcano from south
    Posh elitest monied jerries from north
    Etc.

But after trying to keep posivibes flowing, thinking a temporary high pressure inversion could yield some mashers on the lifts today at Baker, it was a confusing bummer to see the snow act like it was 29°, when it was 49°. Brilliant sun and damn near 50, yet it never got soft. Just random piles of sugar, long scraped out super boilerplate hardpack, and even the groomers were covered in golfball to mailbox cookies like ball bearings.

Heard and saw so many ambulances, so many patrollers overtaxed helping manage the carnage, and staff resorting to using bullhorns to slow jackass beaters from murdering children, I thought I was back in Vermont after an ice storm. Still had fun rippin around trying to play high speed chess piecing together turns on sugar and made the best out of some of the most challenging shit I've skied in a long time, but why did Ullr punish us by not letting that shit soften up in bluebird 50°. Nobody's fault, but everyone was confused. Bad juju magic today.

fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Riblet Tramway View Post
    I'll be sure to take the bag out of the closest trashcan to the Magnuson Dog Park, bring it up to Alpental, and evenly distribute the contents along the ski trail.
    going easy on them not bringing the Golden Gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    I don't like good threads that devolve into bitching by jongs, but as a jong I'm gonna bitch. I've stayed positive by not bitching about:
    El Nino
    Etc.

But after trying to keep posivibes flowing, thinking a temporary high pressure inversion could yield some mashers on the lifts today at Baker, it was a confusing bummer to see the snow act like it was 29°, when it was 49°. Brilliant sun and damn near 50, yet it never got soft. Just random piles of sugar, long scraped out super boilerplate hardpack, and even the groomers were covered in golfball to mailbox cookies like ball bearings.

Heard and saw so many ambulances, so many patrollers overtaxed helping manage the carnage, and staff resorting to using bullhorns to slow jackass beaters from murdering children, I thought I was back in Vermont after an ice storm. Still had fun rippin around trying to play high speed chess piecing together turns on sugar and made the best out of some of the most challenging shit I've skied in a long time, but why did Ullr punish us by not letting that shit soften up in bluebird 50°. Nobody's fault, but everyone was confused. Bad juju magic today.
    Another satisfied customer.

In all seriousness your list of gripes is spot on.

El Nino
    Etc.

Teaser sun in January, pleasing to the eye but packs no warming punch at like 20 degrees above the horizon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

why did Ullr punish us by not letting that shit soften up in bluebird 50°. Nobody's fault, but everyone was confused. Bad juju magic today.
    I have a guess: solar gain is not that strong in January, and clears skies keep the snow surface cold and frozen by radiating all the heat away even when the air temp is mild.

If someone is more knowledgeable on this please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Another satisfied customer.

In all seriousness your list of gripes is spot on.
    Perfect storm of high stress, injuries, terrain issues, bitchy customers... all for a ski joint better suited to managing actual storms. We never felt more thankful for Baker's staff on what had to be a thankless day.

Perfect storm of high stress, injuries, terrain issues, bitchy customers... all for a ski joint better suited to managing actual storms. We never felt more thankful for Baker's staff on what had to be a thankless day.
    What we're really known for is our grooming. Highest track speed possible, with the tiller barely down, no overlap of paths, then leave it for patrol to deal with the carnage