Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Any favorites?
    The cheapest AirBNB you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Any favorites?
    I haven't stayed there in decades...so no.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Thx, guys

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    bellingham is close enough with mediocre options
    Yeah my go-to option when living in PDX was like an econolodge off of 539 for ~$55 a night.

The cruise up from Bellingham isn't bad. I usually stay with a buddy there when we head up to Baker. There's a lot of airbnbs in glacier but not many options for food/bars/etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just dropped my skis off at ProSki on Aurora to have them mount AT bindings on them. Pretty stoked to get into skiing in the backcountry. After I pick them up next week, I plan on signing up for a course or two from Pro Guiding Service. Should I take their "1-Day Intro To Ski Touring" course at Crustal first, or should I instead take their "AIARE Avalanche Course Level 1" at Snoqualmie first?

Take the 3 day intro course first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ok, I assume you are talking about https://www.proguiding.com/three-day...course-19.html this one. I assume I can rent a probe, beacon, and a shovel from Pro Ski in North Bend, but do they rent ski crampons?

Quote Originally Posted by Riblet Tramway View Post
    Ok, I assume you are talking about https://www.proguiding.com/three-day...course-19.html this one. I assume I can rent a probe, beacon, and a shovel from Pro Ski in North Bend, but do they rent ski crampons?
    Ask them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Riblet Tramway View Post
    Since you are going backcountry anyway now you should probably purchase the basic items you list. Put the rental money towards buying a kit. Learn to use YOUR gear in the classes.

I'm going skiing sometime in washington. Where should I go? What kind of skis should I bring? Is there back country? Can I get my boots fitted while in the backcountry? Do I need a beacon to ride chair 6 at crystal? Are the bros at Baker going to beat up my kid for trashing their jump? Is lot 4 at alpental dog friendly? Can I park my rv in north bend and take a shuttle to white pass? Tell me more about bowl 4 mission ridge...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Thanks for the advice.

You are making quite a few assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    I'm going skiing sometime in washington. Where should I go? What kind of skis should I bring? Is there back country? Can I get my boots fitted while in the backcountry? Do I need a beacon to ride chair 6 at crystal? Are the bros at Baker going to beat up my kid for trashing their jump? Is lot 4 at alpental dog friendly? Can I park my rv in north bend and take a shuttle to white pass? Tell me more about bowl 4 mission ridge...

Naturally.

god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Yes

No

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Since you are going backcountry anyway now you should probably purchase the basic items you list. Put the rental money towards buying a kit. Learn to use YOUR gear in the classes.
    I'd agree with this. A level 1 or intro class is the time to get familiar with the gear you'll be using/counting on. I have an extra probe I'd let go of. Shoot me a PM if interested Riblet (in Seattle).

How was crystal today ?

Good.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    How was crystal today ?
    Was touring across the boulevard today and it was at least as good if not exceeding expectations. Nice boot top pow, only felt the lurking raincrust on half the turns or so. Parking was a zoo but lift lines that we could see didn't look that outrageous.

Took the shuttle to white pass from North Bend yesterday to ski 6inches of dust on crust. Looks more decent today.

Baker was pretty good yesterday when you could see. Storm moved in late morning and went through waves of nuking as the temp seemed to steadily drop drying the snow went from pretty wet to nice and dry.
    Lots of good to be had in the trees.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pyromaniacman129; 01-07-2019 at 02:20 PM.

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    No
    See, clear as mud.

I will have to look further into this North Bend to White Pass shuttle you speak of zDash.

if anyone is interested in tours of the mythical bowl 4, this weekend is shaping up to be a good one at the windy hill. I'll be up with the camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    if anyone is interested in tours of the mythical bowl 4, this weekend is shaping up to be a good one at the windy hill. I'll be up with the camper.
    May join yah in that mission. What days touring both Sat and Sun? Ive got a couple of $19 tix to the ridge from Silver if we want to hit the resort too.