Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6273.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	826.3 KB 
ID:	260172Mission this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Skis parallel, shoulders downhill, grom is crushing it!

Decent conditions at Xtal this morning. There was a World Cup downhiller sighting on the #6 chair and hiking back South.

Managed a lap down Powder Bowl and took a turn or two down in Silver Basin. Creamy goodness. The traverse was a mine field. Much Ptex will be sacrificed to Ullr today.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Apparently the new CEO at Crystal is from Snowshoe, WV. I didn't even know they had skiing in West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Riblet Tramway View Post
    Apparently the new CEO at Crystal is from Snowshoe, WV. I didn't even know they had skiing in West Virginia.
    Best mountain in the mid Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Decent conditions at Xtal this morning. There was a World Cup downhiller sighting on the #6 chair and hiking back South.

Managed a lap down Powder Bowl and took a turn or two down in Silver Basin. Creamy goodness. The traverse was a mine field. Much Ptex will be sacrificed to Ullr today.
    It sure felt like winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    I'll be with some buddies at Baker today if anyone makes it up. I'm the big dude in the half bright half dark Oakley jacket probably looking like a newborn deer trying to walk on my skis.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Good to ski with ya, come visit us windy hill folk sometime.

Baker had some very mediocre conditions, good training for lot4.

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Saw some Bluebird today at Stevens. Mostly fast groomers and variable down low, but some real nice soft turns up on 7th Heaven. Even bumped into Suprechicken on his last run.

Lines were surprisingly manageable for a Saturday. However, the lift ticket debacle continues. I heard from some folks I rode the lift with that they bought tickets online and it took TWO HOURS to get through the “express ticket pickup” line.

Also, patrol was prepping the backside for opening tomorrow. I imagine that it will be good up high and variable down low much like the rest of the mountain.

If this was a few weeks ago, we’d say it was an amazing start. Now that it is mid-December, it still feels like we are a little behind but on the way to getting caught up.

All in all, a good day on skis.

Name:	IMG_2333.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	260205
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Saw some Bluebird today at Stevens. Mostly fast groomers and variable down low, but some real nice soft turns up on 7th Heaven. Even bumped into Suprechicken on his last run.

Lines were surprisingly manageable for a Saturday. However, the lift ticket debacle continues. I heard from some folks I rode the lift with that they bought tickets online and it took TWO HOURS to get through the “express ticket pickup” line.

Also, patrol was prepping the backside for opening tomorrow. I imagine that it will be good up high and variable down low much like the rest of the mountain.

If this was a few weeks ago, we’d say it was an amazing start. Now that it is mid-December, it still feels like we are a little behind but on the way to getting caught up.

All in all, a good day on skis.

Name:	IMG_2333.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	260205
    Mission Ridge is another 1.5 hour drive from Stevens.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Best mountain in the mid Atlantic
    Yeah if you like 45 min lift lines and lotsa WV yokels!

Warm in the sun, cold in the shade.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Pray for some kind of weather miracle to keep the temps colder than forecast.

Still need more snow.

free image hosting

But conditions were good for 6" of reported new.

Headed back to the Southern parts. Daron Rahlves was up there with the Atomic crew. He was on some 189 Vantage 107 Ti's. They looked good. But I think his bases took some abuse just like everyone else up on Chair 6.

Someone had to be first. Best run of the day, although run #1 and #2 were pretty sweet. So was the run down Powder Bowl.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Beee careful out there... but, you probably knew that. This was a planned ski cut that yielded some frightening results

Name:	IMG_8236.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	612.7 KB 
ID:	260237

Name:	IMG_8242.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	260235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8221.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	652.3 KB 
ID:	260236
    Last edited by foreal; 12-16-2018 at 12:17 AM.

My brother reported that he skied xtal in jeans on skinny skis today and rather enjoyed it

the boy saw a video of someone skiing in jeans and could not stop laughing. which made me laugh.

@ Flowing and Wickstad: LOVE the grom- ripper pics, brings back many great memories.
    Enjoy this period, 'cos it's FKNAwesome!

Wickstad, the ski-pole handlebar technique was a game-changer, I'm def a believer. It 'forces' the grom to keep body mass forward/centered, and in G's case, also kept the upper body quiet (he swung his arms/shoulders around a lot).
    Carefully compare the two grom pics re: body position. It's pretty subtle, but you can see the difference the pole makes.

As far as holding it on the chair, welll, I'm a pushover...zero interest in dying on that hill.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Enjoy Every Sandwich - Warren Zevon

Name:	IMG_6284.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	716.3 KB 
ID:	260275A little sloppy down low at Mission this am. ‘Ol Moss Back I think we’ll wait until next season for the pole trick. I think I’d like him to be able to hold it. Right now I hold him by the harness front and back and he wraps his arm around the chair.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by wickstad; 12-16-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    What do you guys do with her pole on the padded seats. Seriously considering that mode for Todd.
    I need all the help I can get!

Text from my bud:

Crystal bust! Temps didn't drop and has been raining all day. Upper mountain was on wind hold all morning and they just closed it officially. Skied the crud with all my best friends on forest queen.

Didn't seem like rocket science that today would be a washout.

It's good for the pack though.. right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    I need all the help I can get!
    Took me a while but I got it. Love my Todd!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Dood. My route has 2 elementaries, a middle, and a high school near it within 1.5 miles of city street driving... School holidays are real.
    btw. I met a mag on the lift the other day who has been buzzing past me for the past couple seasons. I mistook him for the guy who went 80mph last season (I think) but recently I remembered that was you. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Text from my bud:

Crystal bust! Temps didn't drop and has been raining all day. Upper mountain was on wind hold all morning and they just closed it officially. Skied the crud with all my best friends on forest queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Yep we were hoping the rain at Crystal would hold off until the afternoon as forecasted, but we were soggy by 10:30. Likely would have stayed longer anyway but FQ was packed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Didn't seem like rocket science that today would be a washout.

It's good for the pack though.. right?
    Meanwhile.... Bluewood is going gangbusters! (at least compared to the rest of the state)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Good to ski with ya, come visit us windy hill folk sometime.

Baker had some very mediocre conditions, good training for lot4.
    You as well! We will have to link up and get some more turns in soon. I need to get over to that side more often.

Rained at Baker yesterday. Supposedly 4+' predicted up there this week starting with warm wet and cooling off into blower later in the week. We'll see what happens!

Good day at Xtal today. Surpassed expectations. The 7" that fell overnight on Saturday/Sunday with the 4" that fell last night skied like 4" on top of 7" of windblown...

Nice to have the sun come out for a visit.

fallout logo boy

Started to snow lightly around 1:45pm, and the wind picking up as well.

I give 3.5 snowflakes on the Buster scale. Could have used the reverse snow totals and then it might have been 3.75.