Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Working on it:

Still thin. Fun was achieved.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

WSDOT moving the west side closure of SR20... down 4 miles to Colonial Creek.

https://wsdotblog.blogspot.com/2018/...am-for-sr.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Hwy 2. Go east and put in some effort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

looking worth the effort!

too much turkey made me lazy.

your crowd estimates are fairly accurate for Steven's. though I think sledders outnumbered the skiers. they had a double luge run 500 feet up big chief to the first flats. kids where hitting the ski racks at bone breaking speeds.

no need to describe the conditions. you know.

been digging the videos from clams crew floating around!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    WSDOT moving the west side closure of SR20... down 4 miles to Colonial Creek.

https://wsdotblog.blogspot.com/2018/...am-for-sr.html

They should have just titled it WSDOT closes down highway 20 to winter recreation.

What a bunch of fucknobs.

Anyone have leads on discounted day tickets this year? looks like with Vail and Alterra buying stevens and crystal, REI and Costco are no longer selling discounted tickets. Do i actually need to just suck it up with a stiff upper lip and pay the man full price?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    They should have just titled it WSDOT closes down highway 20 to winter recreation.

What a bunch of fucknobs.
    If it makes you feel better, they're slashing funding further and ending their partnership w/ UW on road hazard weather forecasting, too

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Mass
    Washington State efforts are beginning to slide and new technologies that would promote roadway safety are not moving forward. Recently I learned that Washington DOT (WSDOT) is going to cut all funding to the roadway weather pages and data streams produced by the UW (e.g., I-90, SR-20, I-5, Ferry Weather), substantially cutting back the information available to the public.

Just as serious, we are not moving forward with protective warning technologies that could produce timely warnings of dangerous road condition for WSDOT personnel and the motoring public.
    http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/1...-of-husky.html

In other news, the golf course got hammered so hard this weekend that it looked like it was open. Only difference was the ratio of sled : ski tracks. It was 33F & raining hard when I left Hyak this morning, the forecasted freezing rain (fortunately) didn't pan out, this should consolidate the current snowpack into a nice base for this weekend's impending dump. I'm not a gambler but if I had to guess, I'd say everyone but The Summit will be spinning at least one chair this weekend and Hwy 20 will close for the season on Thurs. Roommates took the day off and bribed their way up to mid-mountain to go "check on" the padded seats...

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Anyone have leads on discounted day tickets this year? looks like with Vail and Alterra buying stevens and crystal, REI and Costco are no longer selling discounted tickets. Do i actually need to just suck it up with a stiff upper lip and pay the man full price?
    Did ya sign up for the mailer?
    https://summitatsnoqualmie.ltibookin...s&utm_content=

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Damn, that is cheap. I wonder how far out you have to buy the tickets to get that large of a discount? Good to know that i can score cheap tickets for my parents when they come out later this winter. Unfortunately (fortunately?) my pass is to snoqualmie, so i was hoping for deals at the other resorts haha.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Damn, that is cheap. I wonder how far out you have to buy the tickets to get that large of a discount? Good to know that i can score cheap tickets for my parents when they come out later this winter. Unfortunately (fortunately?) my pass is to snoqualmie, so i was hoping for deals at the other resorts haha.
    Just have to pick the days in advance which isn't ideal. I was gonna have my buddy use this but where we go is weather dependent on his visit.

This sale ends cyber Monday according to the site.

Oof, the NWAC telemetry is not painting a very rosy picture for the Southern Resort right now... 2" snowdepth at the bottom & 6" in GV w/ temps well above freezing all the way to the top. I guess they need a bigger umbrella to protect their man-made white gold... although considering the 50mph winds w/ gusts into the 80s, it would probably just turn itself inside out

in other news, here's some of the stoke ale capone was talking about if you haven't seen it

https://www.thesnowboardersjournal.c...ive/no-reason/

no idea how to embed it

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    if I had to guess, I'd say everyone but The Summit will be spinning at least one chair this weekend and Hwy 20 will close for the season on Thurs.
    Crystal ball projections starting to appear correct:

Quote Originally Posted by WSDOT
    Snow on the roadway. The Pass is due to close for the season at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 28

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    they look fun
    probably not as fun as they look. it was tea tolling celibacy cruise...that's just a light hearted cartoon depiction of a biblical remake of the story of gilgamesh.

the video is rad too. its got that baker vibe to it. thanks! haven't seen that one. the few I've seen looked like they had glimpses of dudes that look like dudes I know... mostly linked from snowtroopers.
    Last edited by Ale_capone; 11-28-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    the video is rad too. its got that baker vibe to it. thanks! haven't seen that one. the few I've seen looked like they had glimpses of woods and maybe mandell... mostly linked from snowtroopers.
    Ahhh ya, The Doctor has been cruising around a lot his early season, I haven't managed to get out with him yet. Mandell is down in flatboat for another winter. Ill tell eckels to get back on here and put them up when he makes them

Ironically enough it looks like Bluewood has close to the deepest snowpack in Washington.

Any body been up Stevens yet? I want to do a quick skin up while the kids have some sledding... I'm curious what the recent rain did to the snowpack...

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Any body been up Stevens yet? I want to do a quick skin up while the kids have some sledding... I'm curious what the recent rain did to the snowpack...
    My guess is just that, but i would wager that by Saturday you will be dealing with a nice 4" of decently dry snow on top of a refrozen, sometimes breakable raincrust, on top of a 14" snowpack. Definitely worth checking out for the exercise, and because mountains are cool, but bring rock skis, and low expectations haha. Hopefully i'm wrong though.

I'm curious what the recent rain did to the snowpack...
    Only good things is traditional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The rain froze and all new snow will avalanche on the pwl. It will be there all season and many lives will be lost. Nwac could help spread the word but they're too busy spending all their funding on hookers and blow. Ski blue wood is all time right now

god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

View today at Ski Bluewood. Woot!

Name:  skiBW.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  73.2 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Heyo,

Im looking to take Avy I at Bellingham/Baker sometime in the new year. Looking at the NWAC it seems Baker Mountain Guides and the American Alpine Institute both run classes there. Are these basically the same, or y'all recommend one over the other (or something else entirely?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    The rain froze and all new snow will avalanche on the pwl. It will be there all season and many lives will be lost. Nwac could help spread the word but they're too busy spending all their funding on hookers and blow. Ski blue wood is all time right now

preaching to the choir

Quote Originally Posted by wine and god View Post
    Heyo,

Im looking to take Avy I at Bellingham/Baker sometime in the new year. Looking at the NWAC it seems Baker Mountain Guides and the American Alpine Institute both run classes there. Are these basically the same, or y'all recommend one over the other (or something else entirely?)
    this, this or this

but for real, crystals snowmaking might be the only layers worth seeing with the way this years going
    Last edited by BeardedClam; 11-28-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Awesome, thanks.