Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    What we're really known for is our grooming. Highest track speed possible, with the tiller barely down, no overlap of paths, then leave it for patrol to deal with the carnage
    Don’t forget grooming while the snow is still wet, that really helps conditions as well.

Whenever the gwenreport says “awesome conditions for groomers this weekend “ I laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

50's and sun bring out the best of the best.

Was at west rippin magic carpet laps with my 3yr old. People keep trying to sled the ski hill. Was like a terrorist cell, staff would target and destroy someone only to then be replaced 2 more.

Gapers....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9349.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	264348
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    holy fuckin humanity i got a glimpse of what the high2 parking clusterfuck must be like. there were so many cars at the iron horse freesledding/stomping/dog park that multiple law enforcement personnel were on site, scratching their nuts wondering wtf to do. vehicles were parked on the I-90 eastbound offramp and westbound up past the hyak estates and beyond.
    when i asked if they were ticketing, they both started to glare. i have a hunch, our county leo, don’t want to be ‘meter maids’, not much glory in writing a bunch of parking tickets, apparently.
    I guess it's time to put in meters at the high2 parking lot? Non? Or hire a meter maid FFS!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I guess it's time to put in meters at the high2 parking lot? Non? Or hire a meter maid FFS!
    He’s hard to understand on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    What we're really known for is our grooming. Highest track speed possible, with the tiller barely down, no overlap of paths, then leave it for patrol to deal with the carnage
    Well, I will give em credit for pushin the sugar around today instead of redigging it. I know its not really important to the place (maybe just me), but in these weirdo high pressure, ridgy, split flow, frozen solid conditions, I know I'll still ski on anything as a former east coaster. Yet why the hell is it such a half assed groom? No overlap on the pass... killing me. Tiller not set right, spewing frozen ball bearings out the back... killing me. The joint does have a few nice machines.

Today, the sun had some effect, better in the morning, yet the gong show was upped with the arrival of the whirlybird ambulance. At times, I wanna be the guy that scoffs at the jerrys and newbies, but damn I felt sorry for anyone not up in the expertish category. Kids in the afternoon lessons were having a hell of a time learning anything other than survival.

I feel like a dick to bitch about Baker's grooming, but the weather demands otherwise.
    Last edited by jaja111; 01-13-2019 at 07:37 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    Well, I will give em credit for pushin the sugar around today instead of redigging it. I know its not really important to the place (maybe just me), but in these weirdo high pressure, ridgy, split flow, frozen solid conditions, I know I'll still ski on anything as a former east coaster. Yet why the hell is it such a half assed groom? No overlap on the pass... killing me. Tiller not set right, spewing frozen ball bearings out the back... killing me. The joint does have a few nice machines.

Today, the sun had some effect, better in the morning, yet the gong show was upped with the arrival of the whirlybird ambulance. At times, I wanna be the guy that scoffs at the jerrys and newbies, but damn I felt sorry for anyone not up in the expertish category. Kids in the afternoon lessons were having a hell of a time learning anything other than survival.

I feel like a dick to bitch about Baker's grooming, but the weather demands otherwise.
    I like this dude... solid work and funny stuff!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    every pass should have a Rita or 2 on duty on weekends that people are gonna park on the I-90 on/off ramps.
    No Parking signs might as well be written in sanskrit.
    As if there wasn’t enough already to bitch about. Or maybe it’s the same demo as the dog defecating wide skinners.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    As if there wasn’t enough already to bitch about. Or maybe it’s the same demo as the dog defecating wide skinners.
    Are you sure it's doggy doo? You never know...

Definitely a big pet peeve of mine. No pun intended. Was trekking up the cone at Bachelor a few weeks ago when some dude's dog took a dump right in front of me. Of course the dog's owner was sans doggie bag. But I, without dog in tow, and always prepared, handed him a spare bag to clean up. But still, clean up after your pooches!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

dang that's gorgeous. and the groomer looks like it has a sex toy for a control.

You could tell the day was off to a stellar start when someone managed to perfectly wedge a pickup into a ditch on 542.

At least it was pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Gapers....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9349.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	264348
    sup

Long shot: headed to Crystal for Fri-Sun....any discounts available???
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Long shot: headed to Crystal for Fri-Sun....any discounts available???
    $10 per day by booking online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    sup
    Just practicing some jaded local faux rage you don’t drive a prius by chance?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Overheard in Lot 4 on Sunday: "Cooper! watch out for the poop right there!". Followed minutes later by: "Cooper! don't make a snowfall with poopy snow!".

At least someone seems to be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Just practicing some jaded local faux rage you don’t drive a prius by chance?
    No Prions here, just a 26 year old Subaru.

You caught me gaping at the beautiful evening, I confess.

I enjoyed the challenge of finding smooth sailing on the lower hill. Some pretty good turns to be had, really, but the high ground blue ice barrier humps are getting mean.

No Prions here,
    Good thing because prions are bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by wine and god View Post
    You could tell the day was off to a stellar start when someone managed to perfectly wedge a pickup into a ditch on 542.

At least it was pretty?
    And the sled rack, and the sled behind all of that. Snowmobile was more fubared than the truck. Looked like a post Chair9 evening.

Anyone skiing Mt. Bachelor this weekend? Headed to Bend this weekend solo and need a ski buddy.
    Wherever you wanna go, I can keep up!

No Prions here, just a 26 year old Subaru.

I enjoyed the challenge of finding smooth sailing on the lower hill. Some pretty good turns to be had, really, but the high ground blue ice barrier humps are getting mean.
    the best built proof bumps I've ever done were a at alpy
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Anyone skiing Mt. Bachelor this weekend? Headed to Bend this weekend solo and need a ski buddy.
    Wherever you wanna go, I can keep up!
    You should post in this in the Orygun thread... You might find a casual encounter over there.
    Last edited by BlueBison; 01-15-2019 at 04:36 PM.

No Hurricane Ridge thanks to the gvt shutdown:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-kept-secrets/

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Finally made it up to Alpental last night (no flat tires or kids with sore throats). If there was any dog shit in the parking lot it got covered up pretty quick. Looking forward to putting on my big boy pants for Chair 2 some day... until then, more training at Crustal.

Attachment 265144
    Very nice.