Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1663
    ^^sounded like it, it but full on pow-frenzy with limited ops. Yikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Yeah, certainly had all the pow day trimmings, but for this season, I’ll take it

The line at Forest Queen today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6127.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	747.0 KB 
ID:	269455
    Keep it off my wave...Soundgarden

Id be lying if I said I don’t get some sort of redemptive feeling from that

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Id be lying if I said I don’t get some sort of redemptive feeling from that
    Yep.. here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Stevens was a little heavy but deep. It was a messy morning, too. Lifts didn’t spin until 9:30. Double Diamond and Tye didn’t spin until about 10. The backside skied great until you got to the bottom and realized Jupiter quad wasn’t running! And you saw this waiting for you:

Name:	IMG_2640.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	269458

With the Hwy 2 avy work, a bunch of staff didn’t show. Daisy didn’t run today either.
    After almost an hour waiting to get back on the chair, everyone went to the front. There was some kind of slide above Big Chief bowl, so patrol roped off the entrance to the Double Diamond and forced people back to the backside or down some very steep terrain. We opted for a few runs down Wild Katz which were deep with no more nightmare crust.

Around 12:30, Jupiter started to run, but since everyone was either at lunch or left the backside, no one knew. We lapped some pretty nice lines under power lines and off Southern Cross in the early afternoon, which was really odd. Not a perfect day, not an EPIC day, but a nice deep PNW pow day. Oh yeah, I skied my SuperGoats and they owned the day.

Name:	IMG_2641.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	269459
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Stevens trip report: everything Bandit said. Great day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

No pics, but baker was off the hook today. Cold in the morning, about a foot of light snow, and free refills.

Face shots on my second to last run @ 3:00

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Stevens was a little heavy but deep. It was a messy morning, too. Lifts didn’t spin until 9:30. Double Diamond and Tye didn’t spin until about 10. The backside skied great until you got to the bottom and realized Jupiter quad wasn’t running! And you saw this waiting for you:

Name:	IMG_2640.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	269458

With the Hwy 2 avy work, a bunch of staff didn’t show. Daisy didn’t run today either.
    After almost an hour waiting to get back on the chair, everyone went to the front. There was some kind of slide above Big Chief bowl, so patrol roped off the entrance to the Double Diamond and forced people back to the backside or down some very steep terrain. We opted for a few runs down Wild Katz which were deep with no more nightmare crust.

Around 12:30, Jupiter started to run, but since everyone was either at lunch or left the backside, no one knew. We lapped some pretty nice lines under power lines and off Southern Cross in the early afternoon, which was really odd. Not a perfect day, not an EPIC day, but a nice deep PNW pow day. Oh yeah, I skied my SuperGoats and they owned the day.

Name:	IMG_2641.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	269459
    People can always ski down south divide and walk to the top of tye. Blue groomer terrain the whole way back to the frontside.

Toured in the tri cities on sunday, it was epic.

The high 12 was quite good the past few days as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    No pics, but baker was off the hook today. Cold in the morning, about a foot of light snow, and free refills.

Face shots on my second to last run @ 3:00
    Who woulda taken pics? It was too damn damn fine to take pics. I've always told my kid that over 8 to 10in is a "dad" day, especially if its storming. But a took a chance since all of Bham was closed. It was like a locals reunion day, so few from south or canuckastan. I didn't think that by the time my kid was 8 he'd wanna ski chair 6 all the time. He said it was the best day he's had yet, even though he submarined a few times. At 4ft and 50lbs, maybe he should have had a fiberglass rod with an orange flag attached to him. Really reminded me how good a snow day off school was and is. Best day of "daycare duty" I've had yet.

So good I might (will, sshhh) go back in the morning. We left it in fine shape at 4pm.

Name:	00055XTR_00055_BURST20190212130238.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	269477

Stupid deep at Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    Who woulda taken pics? It was too damn damn fine to take pics. I've always told my kid that over 8 to 10in is a "dad" day, especially if its storming. But a took a chance since all of Bham was closed. It was like a locals reunion day, so few from south or canuckastan. I didn't think that by the time my kid was 8 he'd wanna ski chair 6 all the time. He said it was the best day he's had yet, even though he submarined a few times. At 4ft and 50lbs, maybe he should have had a fiberglass rod with an orange flag attached to him. Really reminded me how good a snow day off school was and is. Best day of "daycare duty" I've had yet.

So good I might (will, sshhh) go back in the morning. We left it in fine shape at 4pm.
    Nice. Funny though that Baker is much closer to Canuckistan than it is to Bellingham.

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post

Stupid deep at Crystal.
    Crystal was endless today, Green valley was a ton of fun. Nice shot!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

As said above, crystal was silly deep Green Valley and Rex were probably the deepest snow I have ever skied lift served and I got stopped a few times in the flatter areas from deep snow. Super Goats are still super but today would have been ideal for full on powderboards or cease and desist. Schools closed again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Nice. Funny though that Baker is much closer to Canuckistan than it is to Bellingham.
    True. They do keep the lights on and the diesel tanks full......

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post

Stupid deep at Crystal.
    ^^^this is good for the base!^^^

The pic says it all. My compatriots and I deemed it the deepest of all time. Not the best of all time but pretty good and quite memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    No pics, but baker was off the hook today. Cold in the morning, about a foot of light snow, and free refills. Face shots on my second to last run @ 3:00
    ^^ baker is rad. need to return

We should talk about tires???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got the car unstuck, still digging out:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    Ha, love that. B'ham really was closed yesterday. I've never seen that many cars in the lower lot on a non-event weekday.

189cm Lotus 120 and the snow still necessitated some speed otherwise you submarined up to your waist even on steeps. Still can't believe how much snow was up there.

Name:	PSFix_20190212_193127.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	560.2 KB 
ID:	269494

got sloppy seconds at baker today. still pretty fun

2/12 was baker's busiest weekday ever. Lower lot full and streaming in from a closed heather meadows. But yesterday with another foot and all the weekend warriors tuckered out was choice....

glacier tuesday night

Name:	20190212_191736.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	721.5 KB 
ID:	269636

Had a couple of great days at Baker. Was trying to make it to Leavenworth for Monday night but the traffic in Vancouver was so slow that we pulled the pin and decided on Baker. Was a good call. Crazy turns down the elbow even on the last run on tuesday. Just non stop face shots. Wednesday we rallied in bounds then hit a couple of laps of the arm and elf chutes. Great times...