Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1663
    Tried to make it to hurricane ridge this morning. Caught the 6am Kingston ferry.
    Snow is driving well except for a few areas with packed ice underneath. Couple hills I was thankful for diff locks though.

They didn't open the road cause there was too much snow at the bottom of the hill, not the top. Was worth a shot to get up there!
    Probably got 8" in the UW area.
    5 from 45th north was a shitshow. Idiots in Subarus thinking they were invincible in the far left lane still going ~65mph + and almost sliding across the width of i5 into the "slow" lane of us going 45. Dumbass in an FJ cruiser splitting between the two blatant tracks acting like it was a rally stage.
    Be safe out there. The snow may stop but the driver's will only get worse. And this was between 5am and 730am.
    Only saw 1 plow between Seattle and Silverdale. Wonder where they are.

Snoqualmie got a good spackle, winds swept through last night after the dump. Needed goggles to walk the dog.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3844.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	311.3 KB 
ID:	268892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3847.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	268893

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

4-5” in Issaquah Highlands, Mrs. Plug is out XC skiing with Kedar.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    4-5” in Issaquah Highlands, Mrs. Plug is out XC skiing with Kedar.
    I got closer to a foot over the other side.

Wind hold at crystal. Glad I didn't battle down there last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Skied through the neighborhood to the beach.

Puget sound forecast shows possible 13 inches of snow from Sunday PM thru Tuesday.

Already snowiest February since 1949.

We're going to need more bananas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Crystal was cold and windy today, 90mph gusts up top. 12" of light new snow got skied up quickly with only 2 chairs open in the morning. SuperGoats charged the mixed conditions as fast as I was willing, need to get out more on these as they are really fun. REX opened then stopped then opened after a long cold wait. Snow at the top was a mix of heavy windslab and sastrugi. West Ridge skied really nicely but kellys gap getting out of green valley was also wind fucked. No pictures cause my hands were freezing.
    If they open chair 6 or northway tomorrow it could be good or it could be more wind affected crap.

Yeah that was one of the most disappointing days I’ve ever had at Crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was debating between alpy and crystal yesterday am. If Alpy had to pick up ikon pass at central first . Figured it would be too much of a shit show and forgot to check the wind in my haste. 2 hrs and 15 to xtal for the wind hold and had to bail at 12. Boo!

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Stevens was cold and blustery first thing in the morning, but things settled down and It was just cold but no windchill effect. The backside was dust on crust...a foot or more in some places down to a few inches on top of a hard icy crust. The front side skied really well. Easily a foot deep on the top half of the mountain with wind loaded spots from knee to waist deep. Still not quite deep enough in the trees to rage but should fix that with the next storm. Yesterday exceeded expectations and wasn’t near the misery I thought it might be. Also, lines were short since most people would take a run or two and go back to the lodge. Great to ski PNW deep again.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Stevens was cold and blustery first thing in the morning, but things settled down and It was just cold but no windchill effect. The backside was dust on crust...a foot or more in some places down to a few inches on top of a hard icy crust. The front side skied really well. Easily a foot deep on the top half of the mountain with wind loaded spots from knee to waist deep. Still not quite deep enough in the trees to rage but should fix that with the next storm. Yesterday exceeded expectations and wasn’t near the misery I thought it might be. Also, lines were short since most people would take a run or two and go back to the lodge. Great to ski PNW deep again.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Think its worth a drive down from BC for? We have 0 snow in forecast and -25C wind chill. The drive is the part that is making me nervous!

Side roads are compact snow and ice. Arterials are 80-90% clear. I-5 is bare and wet, no snow on it (I have driven from Lynnwood to Federal Way). 410 is compact snow and ice almost the whole way. Xtal blvd is 50% clear, 50% compact snow and ice.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Complete and utter shitshow for a few hours there. On cougar mtn and had dozens of abandoned vehicles and a stalled school bus with 20 kids still on it. Police ended up shutting down both lakemont and village park drive leaving peeps a 2-3 mile walk up 1000’ of vert from Newport.

I felt bad for the hapless souls walking uphill and taxied 5 trips of strangers up the hill. Half of whom were schlepping packages and groceries. Recd a years worth of gratitude and appreciation. Karma meter fully recharged
    Nice work!

Pretty near Source Lake today.

Name:	IMG_9814.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	269129

Snowmageddon made me giggle today. I drove from SEA to Mission Friday. It snowed, and was bitter cold from Snoqualmie pass all the way. It snowed two feet that night, another foot that day, then I drove home on snowy roads today. Somehow the world didn't end, except when I got the west side of Snoqualmie pass and everyone panicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 11.40.13 PM.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	309.7 KB 
ID:	269169

20" since closing bell and the only thing open today is Central

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Pretty near Source Lake today.

Name:	IMG_9814.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	269129
    I was happy to not find tracks thru here @4pm yesterday, almost jumped back on the skin track but it was dumping and getting dark. No ice crust was engaged and lets hope that layer is no longer in play.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Stopped reading after the 20” part....

Hell yeah. Very quiet coming up pass. Avy control at 10. Snowmagedon in lowland.

Happycamper in line at Fir. Orange jacket. Hellbents.

This has been pretty crazy. All this snow at sea level here in Washington, yet Whistler now has officially NO snow in the last week!

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    lets hope that layer is no longer in play.
    Seems ambitious but I hope so too

Here in “the south”, the freeze/thaw layer is going to be a significant issue for all this snow arriving now

What say'eth the mags?
    We are looking to escape the drought. Driving tonight from BC. Our options are Stevens, Mission, Baker, Crystal, Alpental.
    Have spent a fair bit of time at Baker, one day at Stevens, 0 days at other WA resorts.

Would love some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    What say'eth the mags?
    We are looking to escape the drought. Driving tonight from BC. Our options are Stevens, Mission, Baker, Crystal, Alpental.
    Have spent a fair bit of time at Baker, one day at Stevens, 0 days at other WA resorts.

Would love some advice.
    how much time do you have?

Mission is closed Tue/Wed.

I'd roll down highway 97 if possible.

I'd say logical would be Stevens Tuesday/Wednesday and BBI Alpental Thursday - Saturday. Come roll Mission Sunday. Avoid the west slope of the Cascades/I5 corridor like the plague. Stay in Leavenworth/Lake Wenatchee on Tue/Wed. Stay somewhere near Snoqualmie pass/ Easton/ Cle Elum on Thursday - Saturday. Wenatchee Saturday night.

I can tour guide for a few hours at Stevens tomorrow possibly and definitely Mission on Sunday.

Vertfest on Sunday at Alpental as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    how much time do you have?

Mission is closed Tue/Wed.

I'd roll down highway 97 if possible.

I'd say logical would be Stevens Tuesday/Wednesday and BBI Alpental Thursday - Saturday. Come roll Mission Sunday. Avoid the west slope of the Cascades/I5 corridor like the plague. Stay in Leavenworth/Lake Wenatchee on Tue/Wed. Stay somewhere near Snoqualmie pass/ Easton/ Cle Elum on Thursday - Saturday. Wenatchee Saturday night.

I can tour guide for a few hours at Stevens tomorrow possibly and definitely Mission on Sunday.
    We got 2 days. Leave tonight, back to work thursday morning. Stevens was looking like a good call for me because I have an epic pass. Were thinking Baker Wednesday for a bit of blue bird pow.