Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Any body been up Stevens yet? I want to do a quick skin up while the kids have some sledding... I'm curious what the recent rain did to the snowpack...
    My guess is just that, but i would wager that by Saturday you will be dealing with a nice 4" of decently dry snow on top of a refrozen, sometimes breakable raincrust, on top of a 14" snowpack. Definitely worth checking out for the exercise, and because mountains are cool, but bring rock skis, and low expectations haha. Hopefully i'm wrong though.

I'm curious what the recent rain did to the snowpack...
    Only good things is traditional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The rain froze and all new snow will avalanche on the pwl. It will be there all season and many lives will be lost. Nwac could help spread the word but they're too busy spending all their funding on hookers and blow. Ski blue wood is all time right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

View today at Ski Bluewood. Woot!

Name:  skiBW.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  73.2 KB
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Heyo,

Im looking to take Avy I at Bellingham/Baker sometime in the new year. Looking at the NWAC it seems Baker Mountain Guides and the American Alpine Institute both run classes there. Are these basically the same, or y'all recommend one over the other (or something else entirely?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    The rain froze and all new snow will avalanche on the pwl. It will be there all season and many lives will be lost. Nwac could help spread the word but they're too busy spending all their funding on hookers and blow. Ski blue wood is all time right now

preaching to the choir

Quote Originally Posted by wine and god View Post
    Heyo,

Im looking to take Avy I at Bellingham/Baker sometime in the new year. Looking at the NWAC it seems Baker Mountain Guides and the American Alpine Institute both run classes there. Are these basically the same, or y'all recommend one over the other (or something else entirely?)
    this, this or this

but for real, crystals snowmaking might be the only layers worth seeing with the way this years going
    Last edited by BeardedClam; 11-28-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Awesome, thanks.

Post of the month. Possible HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Sorry, probably stupid followup question to that: any reason not to do this one https://www.proguiding.com/aiare-lev...plitboard.html ?

Quote Originally Posted by wine and god View Post
    Sorry, probably stupid followup question to that: any reason not to do this one https://www.proguiding.com/aiare-lev...plitboard.html ?
    Nope. No reason not to at all.

Top notch outfit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Anyone have more pictures of Mazama store breakfast?

Goddamnit NWAC. I am disapointed they are studying the wrong type of snow with the wrong type of "professionals" again!

On the otherhand, i am now very interested in attending any future NWAC fundraising parties.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    On the otherhand, i am now very interested in attending any future NWAC fundraising parties.
    Dec. 12, Pray for Snow
    The Maple
    8929 Roosevelt Way NE
    Seattle, WA, 98115
    (206) 402-6135
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Ahhh what?? WHat's wrong with NWAC?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Dec. 12, Pray for Snow
    The Maple
    8929 Roosevelt Way NE
    Seattle, WA, 98115
    (206) 402-6135
    BYOB (Bring Your Own Ball) or will a cocaine buffet be provided?

I'm sure you can scare up some powder even that far north, but remember you'll need to bring your own device to snort it thru as single-use plastic tubes are now outlawed
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

Bahahaha!

Just shooting shit the way of the beautiful souls that are on the board of nwac. They're doing a good job and always have been. Whether you like or dislike decisions that have been made through the years we all need to realize that the people running the show are doing it out of the kindness of their spastic coke binged hearts. Sure I'd like to see more pro snow pit videos and a better phone app, but I also want a blowie from my wife. Some shit just takes time, coercion and a little bit of cash $$$.

god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Decided that the ability to joke about hookers, cocaine, and NWAC, while keeping my conscience clear, was worth a little over $30, so ended up donating this morning. I do think there is promise in a "Snow Ball" fundraising party though....

Can any of you Hyak locals offer any insight into how much if any of this rain is sticking as white stuff? telemetry doesnt look super reliable at this point in the year. Gonna go for a hike/skin/mud up silver fir tomorrow AM with some low expectations. Partly for the exercise, mostly because my MTB is in pieces at a buddies house getting a full end-of-year service and i have limited other options for outdoor fun. On a related note, any suggestions for a logging road turnout in the area that would be good for some plinking with a .22?

Can any of you Hyak locals offer any insight into how much if any of this rain is sticking as white stuff? telemetry doesnt look super reliable at this point in the year. Gonna go for a hike/skin/mud up silver fir tomorrow AM with some low expectations.
    Expectations should be set somewhere around the earths mantle....
    Alpental Indigenous

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4021.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	258011

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Decided that the ability to joke about hookers, cocaine, and NWAC, while keeping my conscience clear, was worth a little over $30, so ended up donating this morning. I do think there is promise in a "Snow Ball" fundraising party though....

Can any of you Hyak locals offer any insight into how much if any of this rain is sticking as white stuff? telemetry doesnt look super reliable at this point in the year. Gonna go for a hike/skin/mud up silver fir tomorrow AM with some low expectations. Partly for the exercise, mostly because my MTB is in pieces at a buddies house getting a full end-of-year service and i have limited other options for outdoor fun. On a related note, any suggestions for a logging road turnout in the area that would be good for some plinking with a .22?
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Expectations should be set somewhere around the earths mantle....
    It was snowing silver dollar sized flakes at the bottom of the Fir when I drove thru a couple hours ago. Seems to have tapered-off since...
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

Probly 5" of new snow on top of the old rain crust stuff at Central. Didn't ski terribly, but I'd only recommend for someone just looking to get exercise. Coverage is pretty low and was kinda tough to pick a skiable line down that flowed.

Stevens didnít suck today. But holy fuck ó both upper lots were near full to the brim. 🤮

Neck deep

Name:	IMG_1839.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	258098

Actually mid-boot deep mmmkay

Name:	IMG_1843.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	258099

Glad I lugged the goats and shifts up!! PNW ceeeement!

Name:	IMG_1104.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	272.0 KB 
ID:	258100

Solid! Looks decent

Gravity always wins...

Did the snow gun slalom at Crystal today for a few hours. Not much to report. The umbrella was unfurled and the snow was decent except for the man-made spots.
    Saw a lot of people going uphill, some right between two snow guns that were belching at 100%. Tried to get my oldest to ask them if they were training for Alaska but she wouldn't do it.