Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    found it
    (i must have spelled it wrong or autocorrected into a weird search the first time)

Anyone ski Muir this week? If so how were conditions? Thinking of heading up Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Clam, point taken. The survey we fill out this year is not web-based, as we understand this issue.
    I get it that this means mostly giving up a weekend day, so maybe suggest this to your BC-curious friends.
    Another way to sign up: Go to www.nwac.us (All you folks should go here frequently, anyway.)
    - hit: Support NWAC
    - hit: Volunteer
    - fill out form and check: Trailhead Outreach
    - hit: submit
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    Anyone ski Muir this week? If so how were conditions? Thinking of heading up Saturday.

Good coverage from the lot. Last weekend word on the street was "Best November day in years", Nisqually chutes skiing particularly well. This week, higher freezing levels +/- rain. I'd put my money on a grab bag of crust & pockets. Good enough for me to make the trip, at least. Tomorrow's gonna be a beaut.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    go dawgs
    Go Dawgs

In case anyone was waiting to see how masculine this el nino was gonna be, today is the last day to buy a Stevens season pass, epic pass, powder pack, etc.

Conditions on Rainier were pretty icy yesterday. Crampons definitely helped. Snow all the way down paradise but was fairly spotty until you hiked up a couple hundred feet. Could skin almost the rest of the way. Panorama point wasn’t quite covered yet but one more storm and Rainier should have full coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Like most of you, I use the NWAC app.
    This was a good reminder to load the app on the new to me phone since last winter. FYI, not in the play store for 9/Pie on a Pixel. Links on the NWAC site to play store not working either.

Prelim forecasts for Crystal (and I assume elsewhere) on the system later this week look good: http://winterscience.com/brasstacks/ Nice to see NWAC forecasting earlier this year as well, will have the full avalanche service running before the snow even starts hitting the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post
    Prelim forecasts for Crystal (and I assume elsewhere) on the system later this week look good: http://winterscience.com/brasstacks/ Nice to see NWAC forecasting earlier this year as well, will have the full avalanche service running before the snow even starts hitting the ground.
    Nice, thanks again for your service.

Is Crystal still contributing to your work despite regime change?

Crystal (Alterra) is continuing to support the work. They cover the significant operating costs and also make it available to the public, which is solely at their discretion and a really nice gesture to the community.

FYI, not in the play store for 9/Pie on a Pixel. Links on the NWAC site to play store not working either.
    I found out the NWAC app is a work in progress. As explained to me, app construction/development is very expensive, so they're doing what they can with the funds they have. Not sure if/when it will be upgraded to Pie and work w/ Pixel. Care to donate?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Making it not work with iphones would have been a much better way to get donations

Just say no to apps.

Unless they're smoked buffalo wings.

I found out the NWAC app is a work in progress. As explained to me, app construction/development is very expensive, so they're doing what they can with the funds they have. Not sure if/when it will be upgraded to Pie and work w/ Pixel. Care to donate?
    Just sent you an email about this

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    In case anyone was waiting to see how masculine this el nino was gonna be, today is the last day to buy a Stevens season pass, epic pass, powder pack, etc.
    Looks like that was just a sandbag and they extended through December. As someone who already has a pass that's a little disappointing. I was hoping the deadline would knock down the crowds a bit so maybe I wouldn't have to leave the house at 6am to get a parking spot. That said, not sure why I allowed myself to think that was a possibility, having less people skiing isn't exactly vail's business model.

Maybe they should talk to the NGO staff that directly receives all donations about lowering their salaries/benefits so that the governmental organization it directly supports can operate without a deficit

Aultruism is dead
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Maybe they should talk to the NGO staff that directly receives all donations about lowering their salaries/benefits so that the governmental organization it directly supports can operate without a deficit
    But...but...the program services man.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    This couldn't be more off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    This couldn't be more off the mark.
    Made me scratch my head too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'm thinking all the grey weather in Bham has made Bearded Clam a bit grouchy.

Nwac board members be like.....Name:  0fxy30JgcG2pjUtSh%20(1).jpeg
Views: 887
Size:  52.1 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

That app sucks dick tho. I just use nwac on my browser

god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Nwac board members be like.....Name:  0fxy30JgcG2pjUtSh%20(1).jpeg
Views: 887
Size:  52.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    That app sucks duck tho. I just use nwac on my browser

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm thinking all the grey weather in Bham has made Bearded Clam a bit grouchy.
    I was thinking yeast infection...