Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67
Results 1,651 to 1,663 of 1663
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'll bitch here in an effort to keep this coming winter's thread positive, as it should be. But fuck WSDOT and the NPS. The population and tax base of this state have increased drastically, while pass-level snowfall has flagged due to climate change, but those lazy, worthless, cocksucking, mouth breathing assholes can't be bothered to keep a couple of passes open year-round in 2019 that they did 50 years ago?

That's your classic western Washington lip-service liberalism right there: "Ooh, the homelessness is tragic, state agencies are critically understaffed and underpaid, and our infrastructure is inadequate to deal with half the number of people who currently live here. But you want to raise my taxes? Fuck you, how dare you, I hardly pay a cent, but I still pay too much."

"I'm so green, I buy carbon offsets and have solar panels on my roof!" As they spend 3 hours idling in soul crushing traffic to get from Bellevue to Redmond in a Land Cruiser that only see double-digit MPG's on the annual road trip. The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance that are pervasive in this area are truly next level.
    15 years ago everyone who drove across the passes and to the parks in the winter could drive in the snow.

Look up the amount of time 90 is closed due to accidents now vs 10 and 20 years ago. Used to only really close for avalanche work, now it’s morons from California, the South East and other country’s who can’t drive.

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

^^^
    Rings true

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    15 years ago everyone who drove across the passes and to the parks in the winter could drive in the snow.

Look up the amount of time 90 is closed due to accidents now vs 10 and 20 years ago. Used to only really close for avalanche work, now it’s morons from California, the South East and other country’s who can’t drive.
    There’s morons from snow states that can’t drive either and factor in the number of people that have moved here that are over loading the roads
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

It’s also worth noting the increased logistical requirements of western WA have increased the number of trucks going over both passes. The growth in the trucking industry has also given us less experienced drivers.

I'll bitch here in an effort to keep this coming winter's thread positive, as it should be. But fuck WSDOT and the NPS. The population and tax base of this state have increased drastically, while pass-level snowfall has flagged due to climate change, but those lazy, worthless, cocksucking, mouth breathing assholes can't be bothered to keep a couple of passes open year-round in 2019 that they did 50 years ago?

That's your classic western Washington lip-service liberalism right there: "Ooh, the homelessness is tragic, state agencies are critically understaffed and underpaid, and our infrastructure is inadequate to deal with half the number of people who currently live here. But you want to raise my taxes? Fuck you, how dare you, I hardly pay a cent, but I still pay too much."

"I'm so green, I buy carbon offsets and have solar panels on my roof!" As they spend 3 hours idling in soul crushing traffic to get from Bellevue to Redmond in a Land Cruiser that only see double-digit MPG's on the annual road trip. The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance that are pervasive in this area are truly next level.
    Fill us in about how shit was around here 50 years ago
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

They’re plenty to bitch about but you seem to have yer panties perennially in a twist.

Not sure why you’re trying to make the general trendline for decreasing common sense and increasing driver obliviousness into a polyass argument. Fucking move to MAGAville already

The butthurt is strong in here, please keep it in here. All y’all.

Read "Scale" by Geoffrey West, there's lots of interesting theories and data about the effects of growth of organisms.
    One thing that stuck out for me is that as cities grow, they become more expensive places in which to live. So all the stories about business being good for a city isn't universally true. i.e. Amazon has made the Puget Sound a more expensive place to live, which is not necessarily a good definition of "better".
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

But there’s more brew pubs and coffee shops, how can that not be better.

Who can spot the difference between these two images?
    Name:  4793FFDC-9127-4E7A-9705-9044DFB4F9D7.jpeg
Views: 341
Size:  31.2 KB
    Name:  D5B8D00C-ADA7-451D-A0CE-38A3D694CD2D.jpeg
Views: 342
Size:  87.3 KB

Spoiler alert:
    Name:  7D05D0A1-C1BA-403F-B2B4-BA9D5105800C.jpeg
Views: 345
Size:  35.3 KB

Cool your jets.

Um, the camera's pointed in the wrong direction?

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Um, the camera's pointed in the wrong direction?
    Or the image is 15 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

At least he kept his word

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk