Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    January for whatever reason typically sucks . December and March clearly our best months . I’ve had one very good powder day . Have certainly had better years and worse years. December wasn’t as strong as it typically is despite the late rally ...

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Normally the easy answer would be Paradise, but that's not an option now.

Frustratingly, there has just been no moisture left after the post storm cool downs this year and the pattern seems to be on repeat.
    talking of Paradise

Saw this today..

Looks like there's little or no snow clearing going up there? Even for maintenance? I wonder when it gets to the point that they can't dig out and have to wait for the melt as with Sunrise... fuck Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    storm the castle

Free the Tatoosh!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    talking of Paradise

Saw this today..

Looks like there's little or no snow clearing going up there? Even for maintenance? I wonder when it gets to the point that they can't dig out and have to wait for the melt as with Sunrise... fuck Trump.
    I think they're plowing the road but not the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I think they're plowing the road but not the parking lot.
    But fuck Trump anyway.

talking of Paradise

Saw this today..

Well, maybe let the mountain enjoy some peace for bit.

I'm doing the NWAC tent on Sunday at Lot 4 doggie poop trailhead. Stop by and say hi, get a clif bar.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Free the Tatoosh!
    Tatoosh is still free, although lots of dirt walking to get there (pics from Monday)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190121_143535.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	561.4 KB 
ID:	266222

Name:	20190121_144412.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	538.8 KB 
ID:	266223

Name:	20190121_151236.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	266224

Well done.

Headed to Dweebus today to scratch around on whatever fuckery may belie the place. Green shell, black pants, let's ski some fast groom

Name:	756C6E83-66A4-4F15-A15C-4F2616342C82.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	611.9 KB 
ID:	266355Surprisingly decent at Mission this am. Not the worst untracked I’ve skied.

Did you take that from Bowl 4?

Name:	IMG_3774.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	266447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3768.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	266448

Fun day after it softened up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    On the way. That is at the final transition back to skis. (Pee, beer, shoot the shit with snowmobilers, enjoy the breeze and views.). My bowl four photos are portraits and those tend to get posted sideways for me for some reason. Bowl four wasn’t bad. Untracked is always good and I need the exercise. But for some reason my money run has been under the chair on four this past few cycles. Btw Mission is running chair four on Fridays for the remainder of the season (I think don’t quote me).

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post

Name:	9B8D1469-160F-481D-89DE-34BDC748C15B.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	729.7 KB 
ID:	266452

That’s it. Sorry if it is sideways.

Apparently we now have a Jimjack snack shack out in North Bomber.

Name:	9655636C-40D1-43B4-A296-C5AB55F0D74A.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	266465did that work

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Apparently we now have a Jimjack snack shack out in North Bomber.
    ¡TACOCAT!

Give a palindrome the respect it deserves.

Mount Dweebus Soup Report for Friday, 25 Jan.

Imma start with bitching and finish with positivity.

Expectations were low before arrival, but sank lower on the approach through the base area.

Management has this backwards: the skier's return to B-lot is blocked with metal barriers and fucking gravel on the snow, yet the parking lots are unmaintained hazardous ice palaces. Two weeks in a row now, I've seen folks eat hard shit on the glaze. Old man carrying his gear would have been fucked up if not for the helmet he still wore as he slammed. Sucks to see people hurting unnecessarily.

B-lot is where you park to ski back to the car, when you're not an A-lot dweeb-ass parking passholder. Tear down the wall!

Bloody dog prints in the snow did not uplift the spirit, either.

Off-piste was not skiable in the morning hours. Groom was zoomed exclusively till about 1230. Views were had.

Went over to 6 and just barely caught the beginning of the sun-softening. Saw like 10 other people on the lift all afternoon while lapping the shit out of the frontside. Met Brant the freeride coach bro and skied with him till the closer. We did a couple of hikes... S side Throne was good corn-schmoo till the shadow line, then crust. SE Trees from the King was about the same and well worth the views. The cap lenticular on bigR was super cool, but bested by the mountain wave clouds extending southward along the cone chain. Hadn't seen this before with northerly flow.

The last hour of riding 6 was the best of the day, with the rained-on-pow-turned-crust-turned-macroCorn skiing like thick pow, and FAST as the surface started to refreeze. So fun!

Skied to the car, bypassing the bullshit gravel patches and skittering across the rink.

RV parking was full to the brim with chumps. Not sure why these folks don't take their steeds on the road to better conditions while we're in the rain-to-high-pressure cycles.

Wrapped up the soup tour with a giant burrito from Pita's Taqueria in the Scratch. Top notch eats, highly recommended.

peace

Keep it classy Norseman!

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Any day that includes skiing and ends with a burrito like that is a good day in my book.
    Last edited by jackattack; 01-26-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Name:	A061A852-CCE9-4A99-9439-291D649C1D69.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	893.7 KB 
ID:	266613Another fantastic day at Mission Ridge.

Sun came out at Baker. Nice to see its back up to full wattage and works again. Mashers galore and not too wet. Covered for the frightening grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Management has this backwards: the skier's return to B-lot is blocked with metal barriers and fucking gravel on the snow, yet the parking lots are unmaintained hazardous ice palaces. Two weeks in a row now, I've seen folks eat hard shit on the glaze. Old man carrying his gear would have been fucked up if not for the helmet he still wore as he slammed. Sucks to see people hurting unnecessarily.

B-lot is where you park to ski back to the car, when you're not an A-lot dweeb-ass parking passholder. Tear down the wall!

This is funny, the arrangement Saturday had overlapped the barriers more to make the side step maneuver ever harder. Same glazed over parking lot too.

If liability is the issue how about a barrier that separates up/down walkers and down skiers and be done with it.

The skiing on the other hand was pretty damn good. Exceeded initial expectations by a factor of 10. In fact, I couldn't believe how fun it was after terribly low expectations for crappy skiing. Groomers really fun until 11 ish and then everything else softened up real good.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    This is funny, the arrangement Saturday had overlapped the barriers more to make the side step maneuver ever harder. Same glazed over parking lot too.

If liability is the issue how about a barrier that separates up/down walkers and down skiers and be done with it.

The skiing on the other hand was pretty damn good. Exceeded initial expectations by a factor of 10. In fact, I couldn't believe how fun it was after terribly low expectations for crappy skiing. Groomers really fun until 11 ish and then everything else softened up real good.
    Man, you're telling me. Ski all day, don't fall once. Take the high line around the barriers down to B-Lot. After changing out of boots, eat shit on the ice walking to the driver's door of the car. Jackasses.