Radical FT 2.0 Heel on Original Radical

I have a late generation version of the Radical FT that just failed. One the screws holding the heel together in the back sheared right in the middle and I can't seem to get the part still in the binding out.

I'm finding some Radical FT 2.0 heel pieces for decent prices and was wondering if I can just pick one of those up and plop it onto my FT 1.0 base plate. Are they compatible?

Is the radicial that failed the updated model with better reinforcement plates and better screws?

If not, just take photos of it, send them to dynafit an they'll send you new turrets.

Source: literally got new heel turrets on Gen 1 radicals today.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Is the radicial that failed the updated model with better reinforcement plates and better screws?

If not, just take photos of it, send them to dynafit an they'll send you new turrets.

From what I can tell, it has the steel plate but the old "black screws". They sent them to you outside of warranty? Did you just file a claim through their website?

the original RAD1 heel piece is different than what I believe became the RAD2 but now when you look them up the names are all different

screws holding the RAD 1 together shear off becuz of excessive loads (read as bad design) on the screws from using the heel lifters while the RAD2 top piece clips onto the heel piece and only uses the screws to locate the top plate

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

Send em a jpeg and Dynafit just send you new RAD1 heel pieces down there in the excited states?

I duno how official it was but up here the local dealer gave out new heelpieces no questions asked and guides had some kind of process thru infoex
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by finishthepint View Post
    From what I can tell, it has the steel plate but the old "black screws". They sent them to you outside of warranty? Did you just file a claim through their website?
    I sent them photos via their website. Got referred to the local office. They said to ship them in and they'd ship back new turrets. Or I could just come by and they'd swap them out.

No questions asked about warranty. Mine weren't broken, was just being preventative. Also got mine second hand -- not that they asked.

it looks like they now use Radical ( same old shit that broke ) or Rotation ( improved heelpiece with clip on top ) in the name, I wonder if they are still breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    it looks like they now use Radical ( same old shit that broke ) or Rotation ( improved heelpiece with clip on top ) in the name, I wonder if they are still breaking?
    Do you have reports of the latest version of the Radical (with the replacement screws and reinforcement plates) breaking? I know that its still not a good design, but I haven't heard lots of horror stories of those who got the updated parts.

I know a guide who broke 6 heelpieces

I haven't heard about more breaking heelpieces lately but in the pictures I looked at anything with Radical in the name looks like the same old shit ... as in the same design,

https://www.mec.ca/en/products/snows...=bcskibindings

pretty easy to click on any of the bindings ^^ and enlarge the pict

Rotation clips on the heelpiece

Radical does not appear to clip on different shinny screws tho

I do want to be wrong ... someone correct me if I am wrong ??

There was an interim between the Radical 1.0s and the Rotations - the Radical 2.0s. They had the same heel as the current Rotations but the toe freely rotated from side to side making it difficult for some to transition from touring to ski mode as the heels didn't like up perfectly. The Rotations have a ball bearing and indent on the toe which sort of self centers, making it easier to step in.

I have a pair of Radical 2.0s. Dynafit sent me replacement heels that were Rotation heels, but they were the same.

Seth

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app