Jackson/Victor BC partners

Just moved to Victor and I was hoping to find someone, or a group, to check some of the areas out. I have Avy 1, EMT background, and experience coming from CO. Message me if you’re interested in showing a Teton newb around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Swing out to palisades. I just posted a couple threads below you. Similar terrain as the Tetons. Not that many people. Got a room if you need.

Quote Originally Posted by keith-stone View Post
    Just moved to Victor and I was hoping to find someone, or a group, to check some of the areas out. I have Avy 1, EMT background, and experience coming from CO. Message me if you’re interested in showing a Teton newb around.

I'm in Victor, have toured a pitiful amount for the time I've lived here but should have a fair bit of time this year for once. Avy 1, Paramedic etc. PM me as things ramp up.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I'm in Victor, have toured a pitiful amount for the time I've lived here but should have a fair bit of time this year for once. Avy 1, Paramedic etc. PM me as things ramp up.
    Awesome, thanks! Appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinski View Post
    Swing out to palisades. I just posted a couple threads below you. Similar terrain as the Tetons. Not that many people. Got a room if you need.
    Yeah, I saw your thread. Wasn’t totally sure where the Palisades where...new guy here. I’m up for checking out new spots, thanks! I’ll let you know as winter settles in a bit. I’m good on a room though.

It’s over pine creek pass from you. I was offering a room for the night after skiing as it dangerous driving around here. Not a long term thing.

HI Vinski,

My wife and I have been skiing the south side of Teton Pass for the past four winters but lately we have been gazing south to the endless terrain between us and you. Trouble is, much of that terrain is too distant for us to access as day trips. We have an 8.5 x 11 heated canvas tent (google Snowtrekker Tents) we set up as a basecamp for more remote skiing. Last year we had great fun camping 5 nights at the head of East Mail Cabin Creek. However, it is hard to manhaul the 100 lbs of gear more than a mile or two from the trailhead. We could chat, meet and ski together for a day to get to know each other and if that goes ok, we could do the following.

You could transport our gear (and us?) from your place to a suitable campsite north of your place for 10 days or so. At camp, two scenarios exist. We could ski together with you sleeping in your own cold tent, but sharing meals and morning and evening hang out time in the heated tent with us. This isn't too different than sleeping in the hot tent as we let the fire die at night. Alternately, we could spend the first five nights by ouselves in the tent and then vacate for you and an a partner to use the hot tent on your own for a few days, then pack up and transport the gear back to Pallasades. You bring motorized transportation to the table, we bring an upgraded basecamp experience. Lots would have to fall in place for this to happen but it doesn't hurt to talk.
    Interested in chatting further?
    Yardsale
    Tried unsuccessfully to send this as PM. Would you respond that way?

Sent ya a pm yardsale2. Might be able to work something out. Love the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by keith-stone View Post

Looking of the same. PM me if you want to meet up.

D

I'm in Teton valley. The majority of my touring partners are in Jackson. I'd love to meet up with any of y'all, especially to have some people on call for when the pass is closed and I have to ski solo. I'm cool powder touring, peak bagging or going meadow skipping with canine friends. Avy 1+2, good with ropes and anchors. No EMT or anything though, but I know basic backcountry first aid

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mc6e85 View Post
    Looking of the same. PM me if you want to meet up.

D
    Looks like your PM is disabled.