Recommend two cycling outerwear pieces

Hey all...looking to add two pieces after getting off a 50 mile cold AF road ride today....

1) a packable, wind breaker, with some moderate (if possible?) rain protection, no hood jacket (read:not vest)

2) a packable less important, warm riding vest, no hood, some good wind protection, thinking a bit thicker than 1), but not so crazy, Iím generally not riding below 45 F.

What say yíall? Hoping to spend no more than 150.00 each, but thatís the top top of budget, cheaper always good. Would love to get some gore stuff but that is $$$
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I have liked the convertible jacket like this one.
    https://www.pearlizumi.com/US/en/Sho.../p/11131821021
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

So many in those categories, even for sale here: https://www.backcountry.com/mens-bike-jackets-vests
    That Pearl thing is good. Anyway, find any cycling specific light nylon jacket that fits. The vest I use the most is kinda heavy goretex except for the mesh square in back, (not the whole back), I like it heavier, because it's quieter then. I have 2 jackets like that, both bought at their outlet stores in Oregon. (HH and PI) PI is not there anymore, BTW.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'd give you crap for waiting so long to find a solution to number 1, but I'm still using my flappy wind shirt, so....

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...yer-for-riding

For the vest, I have a Smartwool PhD Divide (I think?) vest that I love. It's a wind/water resistant, insulated layer in the front and shoulders, but is just a layer of wool in the back. I got it for running, but use it for riding and everything else now. Got it cheap on STP.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Not sure specifically meets your needs since it has a hood, but Patagonia Houdini has been perfect for me, but looks like there's a non-hooded version:

https://www.patagonia.com/product/me...ts-windbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I'd give you crap for waiting so long to find a solution to number 1, but I'm still using my flappy wind shirt, so....

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...yer-for-riding

For the vest, I have a Smartwool PhD Divide (I think?) vest that I love. It's a wind/water resistant, insulated layer in the front and shoulders, but is just a layer of wool in the back. I got it for running, but use it for riding and everything else now. Got it cheap on STP.
    Ha, Iíve had a few different items since then, with mixed results, now I have this huge bulky PI WRX jacket that has no pockets and is definitely not packable.

Sierra Trading Post has some Gore bike wear currently, and the coupon codes work on it. I bought a Gore cycling rain jacket, and a soft shell w/ zip-off sleeves. The soft shell was seriously undersized (large fit like a small), but the rain jacket fit normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Sierra Trading Post has some Gore bike wear currently, and the coupon codes work on it. I bought a Gore cycling rain jacket, and a soft shell w/ zip-off sleeves. The soft shell was seriously undersized (large fit like a small), but the rain jacket fit normally.
    Cheers.

I don't have firsthand experience with this vest, but I have a couple other Castelli Gabba/Perfetto jerseys that I wear all the time and really like.

That Smartwool vest looks pretty dope. Maybe too hot for riding though??
    Meanwhile I wish Smartwool had a short sleeved version of their 250 weight top. I love my long sleeve top for any cool weather. I don't dig on the thinner wool they use for T-shirts when it's cold though. Just too clingy.

P.S. I don't road ride.
    If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it tubeless, I will. I got spare time.

For 2 look at the Marmot Ether vest.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums