Helmet Compatible Hoods for Boys

Hi,

Still hunting for helmet hood jacket. Are Helly Hansen hoods helmet compatible? I think Karbon are. Any recommendations on at least 15K waterproof jackets.

Thanks!

I picked up a kids volcom jacket that has a good helmet compatible hood but it's only 10k waterproof rating. Orage looks to have some options. Surprisingly hard to find. thought you'd be the subject matter expert on this

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    . Surprisingly hard to find. thought you'd be the subject matter expert on this
    No shit! It was my frustration with this that inspired my username; and Hood is my home mountain too. My buddy thinks I should start a company and just make custom hoods.

Thanks for the 411 on Volcum. I have been hunting since spring.

I was given a Patagonia jacket for coaching that has a great hood for even a race helmet. Think it’s the Three-in-One jacket or the Stormshot. Big pockets for gloves. It’s heavy. Definitely made for standing around in the start or on the side of the course watching other people ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

my kid's helly fits over his helmet -- just

Sorry for not being clear. I need a kids jacket. I wish companies like Trew and Freeride System has kids gear.

My kids do have race race helmets and that is probably part of my struggle.

Update:

Finally found a true helmet compatible hood. Volcom Holbeck jacket. It is 15k/15k and has powder skirt and pit zips.

https://www.evo.com/insulated-jacket...ck-jacket-boys

I ordered one for each of my kids.
    Last edited by Storm Hood; 11-13-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Resurrecting this thread for new recommendations. This still seems hard to find, which is surprising. I am looking for jackets in the 11-12 age group.

We've had Patagonia Snowshots in the past, great jacket, not helmet compatible. Looks like most of the HH jackets remain incompatible. Any new suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by PJG View Post
    Resurrecting this thread for new recommendations. This still seems hard to find, which is surprising. I am looking for jackets in the 11-12 age group.

We've had Patagonia Snowshots in the past, great jacket, not helmet compatible. Looks like most of the HH jackets remain incompatible. Any new suggestions?
    My son’s jacket is Quicksilver and hood fits over a helmet fine.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    My son’s jacket is Quicksilver and hood fits over a helmet fine.
    Thank you, just purchased one.