Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

boot press options?

Looks like I will not be back at the store i was with, so looking at finishing my own collection of boot fitting tools

Just need a lever boot press and looking for options

http://svst.com/Boots/Manual-Boot-Press/
    $1300 with ends

TGR has this home job, but looking for something a bit nicer
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ot-Press/page2

more for ice skates, but will work for ski boots I bet. Price is right at $400 CND
    https://blademaster.com/web/en/skate...21-sc6000.html

Electric heater built in. Not sure that is needed
    https://protekskiracing.com/protek-e...ic-boot-punch/

I used one years ago. a bit hard to get into the toe area, but overall portable and doable
    https://blademaster.com/web/en/boot-...7-be02400.html

mostly for ankle, and seems overkill and not versatile
    https://www.boot-doc.com/en_us/produ...g-1979x38.html

Is Soul getting out of fitting or just going a different way?

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Is Soul getting out of fitting or just going a different way?
    I was told 2 days ago, that Soul doesn't have budget for me (20/hours a week, 14 weeks) So looking at other options

The SVST option listed first is the best option by far, in my opinion. I was able to score a great deal on a foot pedal operated one for SUPER cheap, but I had to buy the fittings. I bought the exact ones shown in the SVST link. They are great.

The ULTIMATE press is the Keyser tools press. Hard to find, though.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Agree that the SVST manual press is the best semi-affordable option. The Keyser is burlier and exerts more leverage, but actually less versatile (no lower level for the lower arm) - it also costs around $3500 USD, as compared to the SVST with fittings ($1250 USD). A poor third option would be a used Scott press, but it is limited by short arms in terms of what you can reach. The various Blademaster options have pretty limited use, but it depends what you want to reach (ski boot cuffs are a lot taller than hockey skates).

We have been building a home lab over the past few years. We have a planer (joiner) for canting solid soles, a router for toe lugs, sander, expanders and have been looking for a press for a while. We just found this one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56297813115__4A724324-1FF2-404A-B8B6-770CD861BB13.jpg 
Views:	922 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	253931

The silver one. The arms are 8" and we will add extenders to make them 12" and will buy the accessories that we need from SVST or SkiKare.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I was told 2 days ago, that Soul doesn't have budget for me (20/hours a week, 14 weeks) So looking at other options
    Sucks when an employer looks at what you cost verses what you produce. I am guessing that you have decades of experience..they will replace you for someone that costs 2/3 as much that has 1/4 the experience and will bring in 1/2 income. Not good math.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Sucks when an employer looks at what you cost verses what you produce. I am guessing that you have decades of experience..they will replace you for someone that costs 2/3 as much that has 1/4 the experience and will bring in 1/2 income. Not good math.
    I assume that as well, but its NOT my store, so NOT my call. I dont think the store is doing that well, and the work environment was not great. OVerall its a good thing to be gone, but just sucks getting dumped

I'll do some measurements on that blademaster one and see if Its workable.

I also have 2 Sidas footbed machines, anyone intersted in buying them, or trading for a punch?

I assume that as well, but its NOT my store, so NOT my call. I dont think the store is doing that well, and the work environment was not great. OVerall its a good thing to be gone, but just sucks getting dumped
    All part of the dumbing down of the industry, it is a shame. Word will get out that you are no longer there and hopefully your customers will find you. You will be surpised how many will tell "I liked working with you but I hated going to that place" validating that it wasn't a good work environment.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Mike at southern ski tools has a different system, no idea of cost or effectiveness,
    Kind interesting though.

https://www.southernski.com/boot-stretcher.html

There is also the Nordica Crocodile-

https://www.nordica.com/osterreich/b...tting-academy/

Again, no idea of cost or effectiveness,
    Kind interesting though.

Sorry about situation, but having gone through similar, you'll be better off.

I'll do some measurements on that blademaster one and see if Its workable.

I also have 2 Sidas footbed machines, anyone intersted in buying them, or trading for a punch?

One of the shops I worked at had one for their second press. It is very limiting and difficult to get in far enough for even a first or fifth punch. If you can fine one real cheap, maybe... but you need the SVST(blue)/Ski Kare (yellow) one to do any serious work.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post

There is also the Nordica Crocodile-

https://www.nordica.com/osterreich/b...tting-academy/

Again, no idea of cost or effectiveness,
    Kind interesting though.

Sorry about situation, but having gone through similar, you'll be better off.
    I have used one, works pretty good. If you have a connection at Nordica, it is a good tool to have. MasterFit also has a pretty extensive tool collection like this stretcher.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Thanks for the info on the blademaster:

I have 2 hydrolic /interal stretchers, and some ends, Need to get more ends, and a lever punch now,

I MIGHT have some work with Nordica this winter too, so that might be an option to get tools as well. Or if stores get "free" nordica tools, I might be able to buy the old ones too.

on the plus side, looking forward to skiing more, and skiing in the warmer afternoons

Man, sorry to hear that! They probably have no idea what they’ve lost.

Are you starting your own shop?

Matt Shiller has done that in PC (Pc boot room) and seems to be doing real well.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

That's weak they informed you of this what, a week before the resorts open?
    That's douchebaggery at its finest

THanks guys, not really sure what I'll do this winter, but it was not a huge financial hit, But timing sucked

From my shop management days, my math says that if you did 20 punches a week that a customers pay for, or made 3 pairs of customer insoles per week, they are breaking even.
    This does not even account for any profit they make off any other sales you make. Not to mention the experience and expertise loss.

I'll ask around here to see if there is any old presses no one is using do to the lack of skilled people. One shop in particular may have a couple from way back but only one person to use them.

I'll ask around here to see if there is any old presses no one is using do to the lack of skilled people. One shop in particular may have a couple from way back but only one person to use them.
    that would be amazing... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    From my shop management days, my math says that if you did 20 punches a week that a customers pay for, or made 3 pairs of customer insoles per week, they are breaking even.
    This does not even account for any profit they make off any other sales you make. Not to mention the experience and expertise loss.
    yup, But that is the shops decision/call and not mine. I'm moving forward/on and looking to set up my own workshop I think at home.

Hey, if you were to find one of Blademaster’s boot stretchers and mntlion doesn’t need it, I’ve been looking for one. It’s this thing:
    https://blademaster.com/web/en/boot-...4-be02111.html

Vibes to mntlion. .

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Hey, if you were to find one of Blademaster’s boot stretchers and mntlion doesn’t need it, I’ve been looking for one. It’s this thing:
    https://blademaster.com/web/en/boot-...4-be02111.html

Vibes to mntlion. .
    I have 2 of them. find me a press, and I"ll trade you for a boot expander?

I’ll start looking!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6514.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	982.4 KB 
ID:	254191

Name:	IMG_6513.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	254192