Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rip Duke of Hurl.

His wife posted on Facebook this morning that Jim passed away in a skiing accident in South America.

I only had the pleasure to ski with Jim one time back in 2015. He took me up to ski the SW chutes on Mt. Adams. We had never met before and he picked me up at my house, let me sleep in his 4runner with him at the trailhead, and took me skiing the next day on one of the best lines I've ever experienced in my life. We got lost together on the way down and laughed the whole way. He had a way about him that just made everyone around him smile, and his love for life was contagious.

He was truly one of the most genuinely kind people I've ever met in my life. I regret not being able to go skiing with him the handful of other times he invited me over the years. Now I won't get another chance.

Make tracks in heaven, Jim. We'll miss you. The good ones are always gone too soon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0509151542.jpeg 
Views:	270 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	253777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0509151354a.jpeg 
Views:	292 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	253778

Ski in peace Jim.

RIP

This thread from him I think captures the spirit ---> https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ess?highlight=

☹️

So sorry to hear this.

Awww man. So sorry to hear this. RIP Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Damn. Mag down.
    RIP.

Sorry man

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    That sucks

Ride in Peace

Such sad news for a dreary Saturday morning. RIP
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Rip Duke of Hurl.

Sad news indeed.
    I'm sorry for your loss NW_skier.
    Condolences to all who knew and loved him.
    RIP Jim

Awful news. Sorry for the loss NW_Skier and to all his friends and family.

Rip Duke of Hurl.

Sorry for your loss NWSkier.

Sounds like the Duke knew how to live. Long live the Duke!

Jim was the first person to reach out when I moved to Spokane. The dude was super friendly and got together about 4 or 5 mags to meet up for a beer within my first month to town. That meeting resulted in me landing a part time job at a ski shop owned by another mag.

Jim and I never got a chance to ski together, but he'd come into the ski shop and we'd shoot the shit talk skiing and trips we had planned. He also extending invites for trips he was planning.

Overall, Jim was the type of guy and skier we should all stride to be like. He was always outgoing and friendly to his follow skiers.

Shred in peace Jim. Hope you're hurling the biggest cliffs and shredding those cloud pillow lines and spines up in the heavens

Condolences.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That sucks. RIP Jim

Condolences and a big hug to friends and family.

RIP Duke.

I really should spend more time with my Maggot family.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Seems like we've lost way too many maggs this year. RIP Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Jim was the first person to reach out when I moved to Spokane. The dude was super friendly and got together about 4 or 5 mags to meet up for a beer within my first month to town. That meeting resulted in me landing a part time job at a ski shop owned by another mag.

Jim and I never got a chance to ski together, but he'd come into the ski shop and we'd shoot the shit talk skiing and trips we had planned. He also extending invites for trips he was planning.

Overall, Jim was the type of guy and skier we should all stride to be like. He was always outgoing and friendly to his follow skiers.

Shred in peace Jim. Hope you're hurling the biggest cliffs and shredding those cloud pillow lines and spines up in the heavens
    Jim was also the first skier to reach out to me on the forums when I moved to Spokane. He took me to all his stashes around our local mountain, Schweitzer. We stopped by to watch his girls ski racing. Extended invites to ski the volcanoes and genuinely shared a passion to slide down the mountain with like minded individuals. RIP Jim, Condolences to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn, sounds like an extraordinary person.

Damn, I didn't realize the TGR connection. A friend of mine was with him in Argentina when this happened. I didn't know any details of the accident, only that he had been killed on Martial Glacier. I had just talked to my friend right before they left on this trip to ski Antartica. He had been in Iceland earlier this year and was really, really stoked for this trip. It was shocking when I saw that Jim had been in a tragic accident. RIP Jim.
    Last edited by GoldMember; 11-05-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Horrible news RIP Jim, and my thoughts are with his wife and family.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Condolences to you NWSkier and to Jim's friends and family. Sucks always to hear maggot down.
    Ride on Duke.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Sad news.

Thoughts are with his family.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

dam, sad news.

for those who knew Jim, I wish you hold onto the positive memories in his honor.

vibes