Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Damn son, you went to the Swiss school? And to WBR twice? We must know each other...even though I'm a FOG and can't remember faces and names very well...
    Pretty fun stuff, this finding things under the snow with your best friend, eh?
    Know how to authenticate that a dog is truly man's best friend?
    Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
    Come back 3 hours later, open the trunk. Who is happy to see you?
    Jimmy
    I have a Brittany....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1437.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	685.7 KB 
ID:	254103
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Training a Dog for Backcountry Skiing

I see enough annoying dogs shitting on trails in JH and Bozeman in the summer, and then hear the horror stories of sliced tendons in the backcountry in winter.

Dog shit land mines everywhere. Winter is the perfect excuse to kick snow over steaming dog doo.

No thanks. Please keep your dogs away from busy trailheads.

I love dogs, just not running into traffic and barking their asses off on top of Teton Pass.

Much respect and please don’t hate me for saying this. It’s a safety and sanitary issue.

Go take Fido meadow skipping somewhere remote that he/she won’t shit everywhere.

Name:	IMG_7063.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	706.7 KB 
ID:	254110

Name:	IMG_6152.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	388.1 KB 
ID:	254111
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Bullshit. Having your dog on a 20' tie out ain't on a leash. What, the dog gets it's own radius of whatever size string and all other dogs and people have to stay out? There are obviously different levels of aggressive and I empathize with their owners to a certain extent. If I had a dog that had a predisposition towards attacking anything, I'd put it down and get another. The whole domesticated animal thing is weird. Ultimately, they have to conform the societies rules as pets. Kinda sucks but having an overly aggressive dog is like having a gun that misfires and the safety doesn't work sometimes. It is unsafe to those around it.
    please tell me you have no plans of personally breeding or having offspring unless you were willing to "put them down"
    aka fuckin kill em
    we rescued a piss poor socialized aggressive newf and made him a certified therapy animal
    just like his littermate that we socialized and trained
    and it was one of the most challenging, rewarding things ive done in my life
    secondchancesmatter
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I have a Brittany....

Name:	IMG_1437.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	685.7 KB 
ID:	254103
    Hey we do know each other. That's me in the orange coat!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

that's pretty cool.

thanks for the pro's and their input. my dog just turned 9. might be near time for the new guard... considering joining your ranks.

cool britney too! one of the breeds we are considering. need a slightly more hypoallergenic dog. does it turn into a wet mop when it rains?

Training a Dog for Backcountry Skiing

I guessed right,

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    that's pretty cool.

thanks for the pro's and their input. my dog just turned 9. might be near time for the new guard... considering joining your ranks.

cool britney too! one of the breeds we are considering. need a slightly more hypoallergenic dog. does it turn into a wet mop when it rains?
    Brittany’s are a great dog, smart , friendly mine loves killing mice, hunting birds, powder snow, swimming hiking will lay on top of you when you’re on the couch etc....

stealing lunches and fighting with other dogs are not high on my list of dog activities

dog should control their owners
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

There's some great dog stoke here.
    As far as social behavior, many parks require leads for good reason: the safety of people and the dogs. Your dog might love playing ball in the soccer field. My dog however does not want to watch your dog trot 20 seconds across the field to say hi. She is quite content sleeping, eating, and taking a walk. I don't expect more from her and it's not my responsibility nor hers, if she's on lead, to accept your dogs behavior in anyway. We're just there for a walk. If leash rules are posted and you choose to break the rules, you are in the wrong and good luck trying to prove otherwise. It's really pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    There's some great dog stoke here.
    As far as social behavior, many parks require leads for good reason: the safety of people and the dogs. Your dog might love playing ball in the soccer field. My dog however does not want to watch your dog trot 20 seconds across the field to say hi. She is quite content sleeping, eating, and taking a walk. I don't expect more from her and it's not my responsibility nor hers, if she's on lead, to accept your dogs behavior in anyway. We're just there for a walk. If leash rules are posted and you choose to break the rules, you are in the wrong and good luck trying to prove otherwise. It's really pretty simple.
    Why are you going to the park to walk your dog if you don't want to see other dogs? Do you also go to bars to avoid drunk people?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Why are you going to the park to walk your dog if you don't want to see other dogs? Do you also go to bars to avoid drunk people?
    1. To feed my dog's insatiable hunger for frisbee dog.
    2. Ask your mother

Does anyone else bite their dog?

My dogs love it and it kind of sets the hierarchy of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Does anyone else bite their dog?

My dogs love it and it kind of sets the hierarchy of the pack.
    My young blue heeler understands the bite. The neighbors....not so much.

On the dog evacuation note, these look like they could come in handy: https://www.fidoprotection.com/

Don’t you all worry about setting off an avy and burying your dog or visa versa? They are essentially a moving, somewhat uncontrolled trigger point.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    On the dog evacuation note, these look like they could come in handy: https://www.fidoprotection.com/
    Great idea! Although carrying a 90 lb dog in a sling off your back would be ...... challenging. That's why I was looking for a travois design a while back (I'm too lazy to dig up my own thread and every body gave me shit for it anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Don’t you all worry about setting off an avy and burying your dog or visa versa? They are essentially a moving, somewhat uncontrolled trigger point.
    There's a ski run in Days Fork called "Two Dogs". Short for two dead dogs...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.