Salomon STH mounting pattern VS. 850 driver

I'm thinking about buying a pair of skis that has been drilled for Salomon STH and throwing on a pair of old 850 drivers I have kicking around. Any solly yodas here know if this a simple hot swap ?

STH are quadrax toe, only 3 screws. The back 2 STH holes correlate to Driver toes though, print off template from TGR, overlay and drill two new front holes for Driver toe.
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    STH are quadrax toe, only 3 screws. The back 2 STH holes correlate to Driver toes though, print off template from TGR, overlay and drill two new front holes for Driver toe.
    Not always. Salomon calls bindings with both the quadrax toe and the Driver toe, "STH". "STH14" and "STH16" and "STH Steel" are all driver toes. Except when they aren't (there are STH14s with quadrax.)

So yes, it should be a simple swap in. At worst you need to fill one hole and drill two new ones for the 850s. You can mount the toe of the 850 in the rearward holes first, so you don't even need a template.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    ...So yes, it should be a simple swap in. At worst you need to fill one hole and drill two new ones for the 850s. You can mount the toe of the 850 in the rearward holes first, so you don't even need a template.
    Correct. Also, for the heels, you'll need to plug/waterproof only 1 center heel hole per ski.

NOTE: None of the advice posted so far can be applied if your 850 turns out to be a "Demo 850". I see old Demo 850's quite often in thrift shops etc., but it seems rare for me to see old pairs of the regular 850 anymore.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy