Thread: RIP Dug.

RIP Dug.

I can't believe it took me so long to create this thread. But I still can't believe he's gone

A year and a half ago the first Mag I ever met passed away. After years of fighting a battle he knew he could not win, he finally succumbed to glioblastoma.

For a decade Doug was my best friend, accompanying me on adventures big and small. From a meet with Splat down in Oregon to the mags up in whistler. He was my backcountry partner who always insisted on digging a pit and stress testing a column.

We fought. There is a thread somewhere here where he threatens to stab me but we always got over our differences and trudged back into the backcountry together.

Its been a year and a half but I still can't believe he's gone.

RIP Dug.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Met Dug (and you, in your fabulous Shakespeare getup) at Alpy LBD 10-ish? years ago.
    Nice, solid guy, we chatted for quite a while. Passed at far too early of an age.

Condolences for the loss of a close friend and ski buddy - BTDT. It SUCKS.
    Time will soften the awful blow. But slowly. 9 years now for me, every day on the snow I think of Pete still.

Ride Easy, Dug.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Enjoy Every Sandwich - Warren Zevon

Bummer, thanks for the share. Tough to lose a friend.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

fuck cancer

Damn Phil really sorry for your and our loss.
    Dug was way too young for that.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Damn, that sucks. RIP Dug

Fing peace, Dug.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Vibes. And RIP Dug

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

RIP Dug.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I met Doug (Dug) through Phill up at Stevens Pass. Enjoyed all the good times skiing with much younger guys that had such a passion for skiing. The frivolity of youth was entertaining to watch as well.

I watched Doug go from a skier who “beatered” constantly to one who could handle technical lines of Cowboy Mountain. My kids skied with Doug and named him “The King of Crash” due to his awesome crashes.

I loved receiving the random texts or calls from him every summer when he started to think about gear for the coming season. He loves to pick my brain and just rap about new gear as well as reflect on big days from past seasons.

Doug dealt with Depression and Anxiety that we know now we’re exacerbated by the brain cancer.

The last time I saw Doug was when he came over to my place and I helped him mount his OG Squad 7’s. He was taking a break from treatment and feeling good enough to ski again. I never heard if those skis ever saw snow, as he relapsed soon thereafter.

He was a kind and sensitive soul who was cheated out of a long and prosperous life. Doug was also my ski buddy and a good one at that. I think of him often on Stevens pow days and will continue to miss him.

These forums can be like the Wild West most of the time, but meeting a friend like Dug because of this place and our shared passion for skiing has been a beautiful thing for me.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

There is a collective loosely intertwined on the web, but the community is real in life. Thoughts and Prayers go out to all who knew, loved and journeyed with Dug

Things like this make the needle move on my scale of living for the day versus working/planning for the future. Vibes Phill.

Damn that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Shit, sorry man. Dug sounds like a helluva guy.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Great tribute, Bandit Man.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

RIP Dug and great tributes Bandit Man and Phil, relationships like this are why I hang out in this shithole.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I only had the pleasure of speaking to Doug a few times, but it's clear he was a great guy. I'm sorry, Phill, that you lost your friend.

Cancer can fuck off. Especially brain cancer.

Thanks for this thread Phil, sorry for your loss. RIP to a mag gone way too young.

I only shared a few lifts with him at Stevens, nothing more, but you two were the same age and skied the same mountain before I really met mags. Reading your post in the other thread sucked.

Well said Bandit Man

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like he was a great ski buddy. Make a couple turns for him this winter.

No one really dies.

Ski on Dug.

Sorry for your loss, Phill.

RIP Dug.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.