Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    When I went 1X, I missed some gears, and the smaller jumps between them, but I don't think I'm going back. When you get more miles in you may want to keep it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    When I went 1X, I missed some gears, and the smaller jumps between them, but I don't think I'm going back. When you get more miles in you may want to keep it.
    I definitely won't make a quick decision about the 1x drivetrain. The flared handlebars, on the other hand, are right out.

Suit, curious about what you don't like about the flared bars? I bought a set that I'm planning on swapping in when I install my dropper post on my Slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Suit, curious about what you don't like about the flared bars? I bought a set that I'm planning on swapping in when I install my dropper post on my Slate.
    They make the heel of my hand sore. I think with a regular drop bar the pressure point is in a meatier part of my hand and with the flared bars my weight is resting more on the outside (when they're facing down) of the heel of my hand.

When I rest my hands all the way on the ends of the bars, where they're flared, they just feel weird to me.

Now that I wrote that out, maybe I'm just a sissy and my hands will adapt with more time on them. I have a lot of time on regular road bars, so that's what I'm accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    They make the heel of my hand sore. I think with a regular drop bar the pressure point is in a meatier part of my hand and with the flared bars my weight is resting more on the outside (when they're facing down) of the heel of my hand.

When I rest my hands all the way on the ends of the bars, where they're flared, they just feel weird to me.

Now that I wrote that out, maybe I'm just a sissy and my hands will adapt with more time on them. I have a lot of time on regular road bars, so that's what I'm accustomed to.
    I feel the same way. Tried flaired bars, cuz the cool kids have them, not for me. I think if I used the drops more maybe, but the hoods where at the wrong angles, always

Ok, now were starting to split hairs. Canyon commercial.

Sent from my SM-T380 using TGR Forums mobile app

11mm lower BB and 15mm more tire clearance isn't splitting hairs

I can actually see come good use for the silly dual top bars on the gravel bike. Its ALWAYS nice fo rmore hand positions, and more compliance on longer, bumpy rides, so this might help.

Thanks Suit and mtnlion. I see how it could put odd stress on ones hand depending on the shape. I bought this Ritchey Venture Max and it has some kinks that fit the hollow of my hand quite well. The curve where the controls mount is the same and the lower drop is around 30mm higher than the C-Dale bar currently on the bike which will sit me up a bit, should be good for single track. I'm going to give it a go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181111_212727.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	849.6 KB 
ID:	255119
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime