Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've been skiing the Husume 181 XTC's for the past couple of years as my daily driver backcountry (and occasional inbounds) ski and really dig them. I picked them up after a long great relationship with a pair of Ski Logik Howitzers (186) that I thought were unbreakable...and almost were... I was looking for a ski that would match the Howitzers flex and shape nearly identically, since 7 years of daily driving was proof that it was my ideal ski. The only things I wanted to change about the Howitzer was for it be a touch more playful in soft snow and a hair more damp when conditions got choppy.

The Prior Husumes delivered in every way. The long low tip rocker lets the ski pivot a bit quicker (than my beloved Howitzers) when things get tight and the construction seems to quite inbounds chop and firm snow chatter beautifully. The heart and soul of the ski truly wants to be driven down the fall line with wide open turns. The faster you go the better the ski responds. It's got enough pop to encourage frequent airs (especially in soft snow) but prefers a long run out rather than quick tight moves once it comes time to shut things down. I've got mine mounted on the recommended line with G3 Ion LTs and happily ski them with the Maestrale RS boot but toss a booster strap on for inbounds charging (5'11" ~155lbs).

The ski acts as a daily driver for me and has certainly made me consider that there are still quality skis being built post-Howitzer... Anywho, I'd also say that working with Prior has been great - super solid crew that are beyond excited to get you the RIGHT skis, even if you gotta wait a little bit for them!
    zacharystephenmiller.wordpress.com

I'm on 188 glass Husume's here in the PNW. They have been awesome skis for DDing at Crystal but I have found them a bit cumbersome inbounds at tighter resorts like Baker. They have pretty epic float in anything less than 18inches and hold a decent edge on firm groomers as long as you're ok with longer radius turns. They mow down any kind of chop or irregular snow.

All in all, awesome ski.

20% off customs right now...

anyone ever been on the prior a-star?
    Low to mid 120's waist width
    Aggressive in my own mind

No... but I ordered a pair yesterday!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Ha.
    details? XTC? length?

193 w glass ftw!

Freight trains, woot!

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    193 w glass ftw!
    So sick!

Vitamin I loves his pair

My old Husumes purchased second hand from Seatown Slackey are really fun. Pretty loose and stable but you need speed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just picked up a pair of 183 Husume XTC’s. Gorgeous out of the box. Should get ‘em mounted before the week is over and on snow. I had a pair of quad glass 181’s. Super damp and spinny. Interesting to see how these compare.