Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've got a Fox Transfer that is pretty mint. 30.9, external routing. Used for about 100 miles. Droppin' just isn't my thing. Comes with a wolftooth lever (Shimano compatible). $180 you pay shipping.

I just came here to see if anyone was unloading a 27.2. Prefer external routing, but I can do internal as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

I posted a Fox transfer that size! I think it’s the best one they make!

RF post SOLD on pinkbike.

KS supernatural r950 150mm x 30.9mm, external routed - still available at $150 although I'm about to buy a shim and put it on my old DH bike for kicks.

Thomson Covert (Internal routing). 30.9 / 125mm

Fresh rebuild from Thomson, not reinstalled - still in the box shipped back from Thomson. I wanted mo drop and went with a 150mm.

$210 shipped CONUS

wtb a dropper post maggots!

Whats the latest thinking / pricing on reverb rebuilds? I have two reverbs in various states of failure. Both are over 3 yrs old and will need top caps and full rebuilds.

I have rebuilt one myself but now its got 3/4” of sag after a few months riding. I just don’t have the time or energy to rebuild it again.

Regular bleeding of plunger and hydraulic line I find easy and is not the issue.

Awesome dropper when working well. I need at least one more working dropper if not two in order to keep the family bikes running well.

Rebuild, sell for parts or bin both? WWMD?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    Whats the latest thinking / pricing on reverb rebuilds? I have two reverbs in various states of failure. Both are over 3 yrs old and will need top caps and full rebuilds.

I have rebuilt one myself but now its got 3/4” of sag after a few months riding. I just don’t have the time or energy to rebuild it again.

Regular bleeding of plunger and hydraulic line I find easy and is not the issue.

Awesome dropper when working well. I need at least one more working dropper if not two in order to keep the family bikes running well.

Rebuild, sell for parts or bin both? WWMD?

I had several Reverbs; I had one rebuilt by a shop and they charged me $150 for the job (when they originally said $70). After that, I just sold my other Reverbs for parts to whoever was willing to fix them when they began to fail.

I'm now in the same boat with a KS Lev Si seatpost that's a season old. Its sagging and not returning when topped out. I'm tempted to just sell it for parts unless these are easy and cheap fixes by a shop. Can anyone chime in with experience?

Meanwhile my Fox Transfer is on 2 seasons of zero maintenance and perfect functioning.

BikeYoke Revive dropper. Spend the extra cash now, thank me later.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Dang thats sexy. Fortunately for my wallet I need external.

That Don't Make No Sense

Two thoughts on dropper posts:

1. I recently rode a bike with the Specialized WU post with the tilting saddle thing. Complete garbage. Insane how much this thing sucks.

2. Remember that brief moment in time when the bike world had a massive boner for the 9point8 Fall Line Dropper? Numerous reviews awarding it the best dropper on the market, when it had only been on the market for a few months. When's the last time anyone heard anyone say anything about that thing? Turns out it's garbage and they have horrible customer service. So much for professional reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    BikeYoke Revive dropper. Spend the extra cash now, thank me later.
    cruising the used post bin on pinkbike right now, need an immediate replacement. would you get a lightly used revive over a new Fox transfer? $$ is roughly the same, little more for the revive

FWIW, I just scored a brand new Fox Transfer 175mm drop (just came out) for $199 shipped, (e-bay) so the deals are out there.
    Last edited by rideit; 05-30-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I got a Revive for $311 shipped from BC.com with their current 21% off sale.
    Yea, I'd buy a used Revive. But my perspective is from using them and trusting them and willing to buy another. On the other hand, that deal rideit scored is pretty killer, assuming the Transfer is solid.

FWIW, I'm currently dealing with the challenge of a short seat tube on mrsJm2e's bike. In this case, everything is hinging on the lower half of the post (and the seat clamp and the collar) to maximize useability. As far as I can tell, Kind Shock, Bike Yoke and OneUP are tops in that department.

Fantastic resource here: http://sp00n.net/bike/seatposts/

Use “Chasingepic” to get 20% off PNW... can’t beat that price for a new Bachelor or Rainier.

Is this becoming like the dropper repository? If so I have a 30.9
    Race Face Turbine, 125mm, 2016-17ish? Needs a rebuild with 9point8 V1 to V2 kit (70isj bucks) holds air for about two weeks then starts to not return all the way. Anyway 60 bucks plus shipping?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.