Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Yeah, in Eagle you can ride the same 10 boring trails all year long!
    Glad you are building up your Eagle County 'tude fast. Fitting right in. Probably calling it "Scummit" county all the time now huh? JUSTIFY!!!

Good thing not everyone likes the same shit, or else we'd all be in the same place.
    fucking laughting LOL
    and yeah the same 10 boring trails, thats for sure!
    at least we don't have any gay ass wildlife closures for four months of the year

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    This is a funny post, coming from someone who bitches daily about how much of a clusterfuck Summit County is. Personally, you couldn't pay me to buy a house up there. The winters are a junkshow and the summers are almost worse. And sure, Breck has great access for biking if you only want to ride four or five months a year. Fuck that.
    yeah yeah yeah
    I absolutely love to hate this place, you are right
    If outdoor activities, skiing, biking hiking etc are your thing then you can't go wrong, this is the greatest place for it in the country for easy access and tons of it
    no other place comes close, I've got five ski areas within a half hr of my house, tons of trails (yes that only are ridable five - six months of the year
    the weather sucks dick, I hate snow, I hate winter for eight months a year, but it's a trade off to live in a small mountain town where everyone knows your name and your shit

come christmas, yeah I'm gonna be ready to snap and hate the tourists and the shit show, but I'll be in arizona by the first of the year for a month, it'll be all good

I cringe at he thought of driving RFV to Denver once a month and staying a night or two. Two days a week? Hell no.

If we are giving other suggestions....wouldn’t grand county be a better suggestion for an alternative?

I would try and limit it to going over one pass if going to Denver that often.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    fucking laughting LOL
    and yeah the same 10 boring trails, thats for sure!
    at least we don't have any gay ass wildlife closures for four months of the year
    You're right... but how does that even matter since you can't mountain bike from December to April anyways?

And if you think Eagle has 10 boring trails, then you have no idea what you're doing.

Like someone else said.... different flavors for different folks.

Smokkan have you even spent a winter in Eagle yet?

Wierd, is Summit/Eagle county friction a real thing? But yeah, it is a logic test. Just because someone prefers to give somewhere different that you, does that make them wrong?

And Smokkan it sounds like it is all about the biking for you but that ain't everyone, ya dig?

Whoever brought up Grand County, why would you want to move there? Literally, nothing going on.

^^^ really bro?
    grand county?
    not even sure where that is although I was told
    everything north of eddie bears is cowboy country
    I threw my shit kickers in the trash when I left home
    isn't this fun..............................

and yeah the eagle summit thing is real, I was doing some gov't bullshit over there and the guy looking over my paper work straight up said "your missing a one after the eight on your zip code" I laughed my ass off, then he says "carpet bagging over the pass, we get that all the time"

Summit and Eagle County Living

I personally love Frisco and it’s access to skiing, hiking and the lake. Having Lake Dillon there is money.

lets see eagle mountain biking?????

the pool and ice trails, they are nice and touchy feelie, up the road or bone yard down pool and ice or redneck ridge or dick surfer
    that's it
    the hay trail?
    the hardscrable trails they are fun and brutal as hell up
    you can do some big loops I'll give them props

my biggest day in eagle was 50 plus miles and 7k in climbing, it was cool but I had to do three loops up bone yard and down one of those trails to get the milage and time, repeating trails is lame, then it was a couple loops in the hardscrabble area....... meh

fred and I are gonna come over to Eagle and throw down with Smokkan and Montanabamaskier (even though he seems cool because he is a Bama fan, Roll Tide!). Good ol' fashioned battle royale on top of Vail pass between the Summit locs and these Eagle cheeseballs.

Where do I buy tickets to the shredgnar/smokkan/foggy/fastfred/alabamatanaskier ski town bro off? I want to see this.

Also, what Danno said.

Why not BV? I’d do just about anything to avoid the I70 fuckfest.

Isn’t South Main filled with Denver tech workers? Maybe you’ll be surrounded by your peeps.

Buy a fat sprinter for the driveway and the most blinged out raft setup or GTFO tho.

I have friends in Durango that fly to Denver 1-2 days a week. It takes almost as long to fly from here to DIA than it does to drive from DIA to downtown. Plus the skiing may be not what you’re looking for

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Where do I buy tickets to the shredgnar/smokkan/foggy/fastfred/alabamatanaskier ski town bro off? I want to see this.
    Are you volunteering to work the little USFS ticket booth at the pass parking lot?

Also, what Danno said.
    Who will be the bookie?

Is it a ski off, a bike off, or a duathlon?

Also, what Danno said.
    Battle of the Ski Town All Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Is it a ski off, a bike off, or a duathlon?
    Yes!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is it a beat off, a circle jerk, or a hater contest?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    As per Coloradbro code it's all three.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I don't know, but I just realized Minturn needs representation too so you're in.

It looks like just another where to live thread, but with all the emotion and bickering of a Vail vs Breck thread!

I don't know, but I just realized Minturn needs representation too so you're in.
    To old to rep. Sorry.

But I'll show up if there's free beer.

After about 10 years in or so, I somehow managed to completely ignore the bro's, the gapers, the tourons, and pretty much everything else. The years after that have been a cultural bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    my biggest day in eagle was 50 plus miles and 7k in climbing, it was cool but I had to do three loops up bone yard and down one of those trails to get the milage and time, repeating trails is lame, then it was a couple loops in the hardscrabble area....... meh
    Abrams Ridge to Worlds to Itch to Elk Drop to Star Wars to the Plunge to School Rock is a killer loop. So much fun.

You’ve also got Mike’s Night, Pool/Ice and Redneck. So those might be enough for some, but they dont quite do it for me as much, so I’d personally get bored living out there and would be driving quite a bit to get some variety. On the plus side Avon and Minturn isn’t too far away to help with that.

But yeah, fuck going over Vail pass twice a week for work in winter. That would NOT be fun. I say Summit for the OP, without a doubt.

After about 10 years in or so, I somehow managed to completely ignore the bro's, the gapers, the tourons, and pretty much everything else. The years after that have been a cultural bliss.
    Wait...that does not compute. Are you saying that you are neither a trust funder or a ski bum? And you live a sustainable life in the mountains near a ski area? I don't believe you. For sure you must be either selling real estate driving G Wagon or dumpster diving hitchin' to work bumping chairs?

Wow things got out of hand quickly

Beer pong? Might be more in order

Eagle county people are soft.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This is awesome. I wear shit kickers everyday except when I go full fruity trim hack mode with my skate shoes and headband. I have to dress up when I go to the dentist in Silverthorne otherwise I feel like I look homeless.